Newbie woes!

• Thread starter King Cow
  • 30 comments
Ok, I just got GT3 and I just saved up to buy my second car.  I opted for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI (the cheaper one).  I started to supe it up a bit, this is what I did:

1) I gave it a level 1 super charge kit.
2) Racing Chip
3) Sports tires
4) Sports breaks
5) Carbon thingy (sorry I dont remember what its called, but its a long skinny thing under stability.)
6) Complete Engine balance
7) An air cleaner thingy (under engine and intake)

Anyways The car now has about 400hp but the damn thing will only reach a top speed of 136mph, my freakin' Pt Cruiser goes faster than that!  However the acceleration is absolutly amazing.  But what do I do to get a higher top speed for my Lancer?

Number 5 would be the carbon fiber driveshaft.

And I'm pretty sure he means level one turbo(unless you can buy SC's, and I don't know about it), so don't freak out.

Anyways, back to your problem. Buy a fully customizable racing transmission. And before you race it or test it out, go to the SETTINGS option, then go to the setting to change GEAR RATIOS. Change the auto gear ratio: it adjusts all of the ratios at once. Move the auto setting all the way over to WIDE(or just move it as far right as possible)

By doing this, you will lose a lot of acceleration, but will gain a lot more in top speed.  

(Edited by Josh at 8:51 pm on July 30, 2001)

Thanx Josh, I was about to go out and buy a new Turbo charge kit (level 2). Should I still do that?  What effect will that have on my car?

If I were you, I'd get the largest possible turbo you can.

Stage 1 turbo- Usually offers about a 10 percent increase in HP.
Stage 2 turbo- Usually gives about  a 20 percent HP increase.
Stage 3 turbo- Usually gives about a 35 percent HP increase.
Stage 4- Usually offers a 125 percent HP increase.

If you read what I just wrote, you should have no problem choosing the right size turbo. Get the largest one possible for the car you're putting it on.

I was taking a look at the car dealer and I saw this really cool Sukuki car for $1,000,000, and it had almost 1000hp.  Is there any other way to get that car without shelling out the million credits?  Also for my next car what is a good one to save up for?

you can win that car by winning the professional leage polyphony digital cup and its one of four cars you can win. Gold luck getting it its a fast car ;)

Ah yes, the Suzuki Escudo. You can win it by winning all of the Rally Races. That's all I can remember about it for now, but I'll PM you if I find another way.

Very fast car, I have one with 1,790 HP(by using a stage 4 turbo), and have reached a Top Speed of 1151.5 MPH. Yes, I just said 1151.5, but others have gotten higher.

Depends on what you're going to use the next car you buy for...

(Edited by Josh at 9:22 pm on July 30, 2001)

there are so many cars you really cant decide what one to buy.....really depends on what you are tring to do or complete in the game since most races require many different cars so really its up to you to deside what one works for you and what you are tring to do.

Get a Supra RZ or a 300ZXTT if you want something that's fast to haul a__ around the turbo test track.

If you want something that handles good, get a NSX Type R. You'll have to buy a Type R car eventually, so you might as well just go ahead, and buy one...

Did you get my PM I sent you?

RUF are very nice cars. Great handeling and speed so you might want to look into one of them thats what i use and it win everytime. So if your looking for a allround car that could be ONE of your MANY choises.

Hell yeah, my RUF CTR2 is my absolute FAVORITE car. It's 4WD, and it hauls ass. I use it on Rally Races all the time.

cool thanks i might plan to buy one now since i got about 1,000,000 cr and dont know what to get..........or i might get the escudo pikes peak but then again i wont have any money to tune it up. Ill probally get the RUF and save up ome other time for the escudo

I just did the MAX SPEED track with my CTR2, and I got 257 out of it, and that's with the auto gear ratio set as wide as it would go. LOL, I hit 170 before I hit the 600m mark! :D

I could probably get a lilk' over 260, but I went around the MAX SPEED track in the correct direction, so it finoshed before I could get faster, the speedo was still slowly climbing when I finished.

Yes I did, and I returned one. :D

lildawgryan- I also have the RUF 3400S or whatever it's called, but haven't done anything to it yet.

I bought the 3000 GT and put a full upgrade on it and got  1500hp, top speed at 290mps on the speed track. I won won every race that I entered with eaze.

But if you want my opion on a real good car you can buy fairly cheep depending on how many credits you have . The Mustang SVT, with the full up grade pushes out a lot of spped and poesr all at the same time . The full up grade is'nt the only thing you need to do . Once you have enough credits buy the supper soft raceing tires and that is were all the power lies . You will get a much better grip on the the road ( trust me you will be able to tell the diffrence once you get those tires on the car .

Hp is a good thing to look out for , but is'nt the only thing you need to do to your car to get the max power out of our ride .

Unill you get enough credits you  can still win every race that you enter( depending on your driving skills)with the STANG. In no time you will win the car you really want
with out pating for it. By the way my Mustang bost amere 845hp ad I have dusted that Suzuki with my STANG ....Hope I could help you a little, good luck winnig that car...  Cya at the finish line

You can still earn a good amount of credit with the b license . You might need to race the same race that you can earn the most credits in over and over again untill you earn enough credits to buy the Mustang; It's a little cheaper than the 3000GT.

Im signing off i'll be back on tomorrow morning im gong to try and win another F1 racer .

Holler at cha lata CUZ.........

you should save and get the mustang cobra svt and fix it up with the highest na upgrade u can afford.

i did this and got mine up to 560 horsepower
(it cost less than $70,000 for what i did)

Back