I have THE WORST luck ever!!!

• Thread starter Faze3
  • 10 comments
Ok everyone, i have some sad news... My brother was cleaning  his room (which contained MY PLAYSTATION 2 and MY copy of GT3 when all of the sudden he knocked over the console.  Well, now the game contains a HUGE scratch on it and it stops reading when it starts to load any tracks.   I swear my luck is horrible and is there any way to get scrathes out of a disc?  I know the DVD's are MUCH more sensitive to scratches than a regualr CD-Rom and that doesnt help either.  Any help would be appreciated.  P.S.  PLEASE dont tell me to go buy another copy, I am not a rich-ass kid or anything.  I am 18 and work on a farm for the love of god.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure to Go to www.faze3.com and sign the guestbook!!!

Buy a game doctor witch is about $30 which gets scrathces out of cds dvds and games but show the store your cd and make sure they think it can reapair the kindof scratch you have but it should work. Game doctor is a most video games stores and is grey and green. Here are links to two kinds of things that might help you out not sure which is better but....

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=200256&mscssid=&ref=1&PromoCode=&site=&siteID=

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=189763&mscssid=&ref=1&PromoCode=&site=&siteID=

When I first got my PS2 The second game I got was SSX this isn't a DVD game but I will tell you anyway.  I had the sideways stand for the PS2, which by the way I do not recommend.  This would scratch the game extremly bad for some reason and it would not load one of the courses ever, and would randomly freeze up on any other board at anygiven time.  So my solution was bring it to the movie rental place by my house they fix CD's, DVD's, and PS and PS2 games.  Now I do not know if you are aware but the way to fix a scratch on a disc is to scratch it even more, but the scratches must be perpandicular to the lines of the disc.  To make an already long story less long.  It made it so the course would load and it did not freeze up........but and this is a huge one. The game play slowed down very, very badly to the point that it actually made it harder to play.  So other wise the home remedy is to use toothpaste.  Put it on the disc starting from the middle making staight strokes to the end, making sure you are perpadicular to the way the player reads the disc.  And keep doing that for a while.  I have tried that but it did not work when I did it.  But I would talk to someone that knows what they are talking about, like one of the nerds at the video game stores.  To make sure it will not ruin a DVD. Cause that is for CD's.  So either way you have nothing to lose.  Worst case senario you have to shell out another 50 bucks, or trade in the games you are not gonna be playing while you play GT3 obsessivley.  Anyway Madden 2002 comes out next month so just sell all your games and by a new GT3 if nothing else works.
:cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga: :cheeburga:

If you want to take the dishonest way out, you could return your game and tell the store it was scratched when you opened it . . . tell them you got it as a birthday gift or something, and that you only opened it today (assuming you still have the receipt).

Or, contact Sony.  Since you already purchased the rights to use the software, they can probably send you a replacement disc (if you can send proof of purchase).

Thanks a lot everyone, I appreciate everything and I wll try everything, until then, i wll be hanging out on here and pretending i still play the game if thats okay with everyone.  Thanks Again, Daniel

Quote: from Iceman8540 on 12:51 pm on July 27, 2001[br]buy a new one,  open it and switch it with the scratched one and then return it for ur money back

Most places don't let you do that with DVD's, and CD's.

Back