who's REALLY good at GT3?

• Thread starter vvtivanos
  • 6 comments
hey guys,

Just wondering. I notice that a lot of my friends, including myself, will win races not becuase we have TOTAL control of the car but basically we tuned our engines up to 400+ HP and are racing against 200HP cars.  Of course, we will blow them out of the water even if we hit the walls 10 times and go off-roading.  Our speed and acceleration make it easy to win.

But then, when most of us race in a superior-handling but underpowered car, sometimes we get our butts whooped.  

I think that's the real skill there.  Winning in a underpowered car and relying solely on cornering and handling to win a race.  

you dont have to tune the cars... what i do is i buy a car, lets say a stock RX7 for the 80s race and just go right in and race it. If i see overwhelming overtaking due to my lacking in pure power, i will make the upgrades, but if not, why waste the money. I only did full upgrading on my C5R, the Viper, Calsonic GTR and the RUF GRT. All the other cars are left stock and they win with no problems. I won the TT race, the Altezza, the 80s, the Silver Arrow, the beetle cup, the Vits race, etc. plain stock and won no problem. What the AI does is it always upps the performance of the AI controlled machines to almost match yours, so what it comes down to is that you have an even chance of winning a race stock as you do full blown, the difference is, full blown there is a greated margin for errors.

Adding more power and performance enhances the gameplay and your enjoyment, but it does not give you the advantage you think it does in terms of strategy.

(Edited by Lemans at 3:59 pm on July 26, 2001)

The Vitz and Lightweight Classic Championships suck. For some reason in the Vitz Series I have the better version of the Vitz WITH  a turbo and am racing against the worse versions of the Vitz from Europe and they have a higher speed on the straightaways, even if I take the exact same line as they do. What's up with that?

Well Im 66% done with GT3, does that mean IM good? (I got it on the 1st day, but have NOT been playin 24/7. In fact in the last couple of days I didnt even touch my PS2)

I can beat everyone on the Super Speedway beginner league with a stock Trueno GT-Apex. Oh, I guess that doesn't require skill either... :D

I like to use the RUF CTR2 on Rally's, now that requires some turning skill IMO.

Back