New to board and GT3

Sup guys,
Just found your board today, very nice, seems like alot of intelligent people on here, unlike the Gamefaqs board which is all 12 year olds asking how fast you go.
Anyways, just got the game Tues, and I've probably only put in about 5-6 total hours worth of playing so far, but the game is unbelieveable.  Got the B and A licenses, and actually bought a Beetle as my first car(don't know why really, figured it would be good for the FF cup as well).  Won the Sunday cup and Clubman cup rather easily.  Up to the FF cup and the Beetle just aint cutting it.  Should I continue to build up the Beetle?  Race a few times on Sunday/Clubman to get money to buy a new car for the FF cup?  Or use the Toyota Sprinter that I won and put a little work into and go after the FR cup?  Any suggestions/tips?

I am new to the board as well and as I am in the UK I still havent picked up my copy of GT3 yet.

I will be doing so tomorrow.

At least I know where I can come for tips and info from long term players of the GT games. GT3 will be my first as I never bothered to get a PSOne.

I have played the deom however and cant wait until tomorrow.

The Sprinter probably has more potential than the Beetle.  I've not purchased a Beetle yet, so perhaps someone else who has can give you more info.

Well thanks for the reply AltF8, I was thinking about going with the Sprinter, but then I still have the problem of not having a FF car to beat that race with.  I kinda like to beat the races in the order that they are listed.

Glad to have you to aboard. As far as your question go's, I would not stick with the beetle. Even souped up they are very under powered. If you can, race until you can afford a Mitsubishi FTO (21 22k??). They are very good cars, especially after you modify them. Hope this helps a little.

Yeah, the FTO has always been a good car in the other GT games, I'm sure this one is no different.

NYJuggalo45, don't sell the VW just yet, there is a race specifically for that car in the Beginner series.  (It's near the right end of the list)

Beating the races in order is an exercise in futility.  Once you get to the specialized races, you won't have enough money to buy a car, much less mods for the next race.  I hav most of the Pro stuff done, but I havnet finished beginner yet.  (I really want that damn ALTEZZA LM)

Yeah QuickSilver, I don't plan on selling any cars unless I get doubles (according to the book your garage can hold 200 cars), but I do see what you mean, there is a Beetle Cup.  So maybe I'll just run the Sunday cup about 10 times, get the $30,000 and buy a solid car.  Boring for about 2 hours, but then I'll own somethin pretty sweet

First off, this board kicks ass!  Okay, here's what i would like to recommend.  First, you save up enough money, buy a good car, i stuck with the Subaru Impreza WRX STI and rocks fully suped-up.   Plus, its four-whel drive.  Then, when the time comes, get rid of the original beetle, and buy the expensive one for the beetle cup races.  This car is actually very good.  I still own my Subaru and now i have the Suzuki P.P. version (badass) and i also just got the F1 car too.  Just keep makin money!!!

Yep, my prize car Lancer from the Beginner Championship is destroying everything on the rally tracks.  35,000cr. and a 75,000cr. prize car for each three track set!

Back