Midfield Enduro?

• Thread starter Zero
  • 20 comments

Did you want to see a Midfield Enduro in GT3?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I think the Test Course is much more boring - why is it so b l o o d y long?!?

Nothing better than long periods driving staring into space. Like driving from Sydney to Melbourne without the scenery.

I hate midfield. Most of the tracks I hated in the beginning but came to love them. Midfield wasn't that bad in the beginning but now I hate racing it.

I don't mind Midfield - it is a bit simplistic. Like a mini-version of Suzuka.

The one corner that annoys me is the fast right left into the sharp left into the tunnel - I can not for the life of me stop a mid engined car there without spinning, I have to back right off before the left right - frikken camber!

i actually love Midfield raceway, one of my favorite tracks, i remember so many times where on the fast left hand turn into the tunnel i have passed an opponent on the last lap, memories :)

Originally posted by spaceviper
i actually love Midfield raceway, one of my favorite tracks, i remember so many times where on the fast left hand turn into the tunnel i have passed an opponent on the last lap, memories :)

I guess we are the only 2 people how love Midfield! It is my fav track i have actually gotten a sub 1 min lap time on Midfield on the first lap!

It's such an easy track, maybe it should be a warm up track, like 40 laps or something. In an F1 you can get sub one minute laps really easy. (Prize cars would have to be junk though.)

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
Prize cars would have to be junk though.

Why would they have to be junk? In the Miata Enduro u can win 3 Miata's or an F1. I was thinking like Camaro Race Car, Viper GTS-R Concept, ZZII, and F686/M for prize cars!

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

I guess we are the only 2 people how love Midfield! It is my fav track i have actually gotten a sub 1 min lap time on Midfield on the first lap!

same here!! did a 57 second lap with the F686/M!

Originally posted by Rice Rocketeer

same here!! did a 57 second lap with the F686/M!

Nice! Which color do u have?

I have the white one with the blue on top. My best is a 58 but i wasnt really trying.

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

Nice! Which color do u have?

I have the white one with the blue on top. My best is a 58 but i wasnt really trying.

damn!! i wish i had that color....i have a red one!! anyway, doing the 57 took a while and i did in n the low 57s too!

Originally posted by Rice Rocketeer

damn!! i wish i had that color....i have a red one!! anyway, doing the 57 took a while and i did in n the low 57s too!

I raced against the red one in the Formula GT Championship. It sucked on all Grand Valley, the 90/S beat it!

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
It's such an easy track, maybe it should be a warm up track, like 40 laps or something. In an F1 you can get sub one minute laps really easy. (Prize cars would have to be junk though.)

Yeah - it is a bit short - I managed to crank the Polyphony002 (the '88 McLaren) in just over 56 seconds - setup's just about there - just a trace of power understeer). Have done a lot of laps there, it's good for testing because of the short lap and it does actually have a reasonably mix of corners when you think about it - fast sweepers, high speed change of direction, slowish spoon corner, sharp low speed corner, and good camber changes (who of us hasn't spun an F1 trying to get on to the main straight with as much speed as possible - might be with TCS and ACS switched off).

Back