NA tune VS. Turbo

• Thread starter NRred
  • 24 comments
You all seem to feel that turbo's are better, why is that?? It seems to me that the fastest cars in the game don't require turbo's like the F1, LM, and GT cars.

What ever gives you the most HP is what I go with.

I'm not married to either one.

It just depends which car on which track.  I find the turbo's are good for rally races and NA cars for road.  If you notice the F cars are not turbo.

Quote: from GT3Maniac on 7:01 pm on Aug. 10, 2001[br]and it rocks also i find that turbo gives me more horsies every time i compare when im tuning my car

Most definitely, unless of course, Turbo is not available. :(

Quote: from bluedawnrider on 7:04 pm on Aug. 10, 2001[br]
Quote: from GT3Maniac on 7:01 pm on Aug. 10, 2001[br]and it rocks also i find that turbo gives me more horsies every time i compare when im tuning my car

Most definitely, unless of course, Turbo is not available. :(

*clearing flem*

More HP doesn't always mean more speed, don't forget there are other factors:
Weight
Aerodynamics
Turning.

Factors found in modified NA cars, not in Turbo cars.

Turbo raise the HP by more than NA tuning, but with NA tuning you don't have any turbo lag so it has the power straight away rather than having to get above a certain amount of RPM.

I would though pick turbo over NA tuning.

I think it depends on the car and how it is set up. For MR and FR cars, NA Tune. For 4wd cars Turbo. And for FF cars, who cares....these cars suck! :D

I think it depends on the car and how it is set up. For MR and FR cars, NA Tune. For 4wd cars Turbo. And for FF cars, who cares....these cars suck! :D

Well, since a stage 3 N/A tune is the equivalent of a stage 4 turbo kit, I'd have to say I'd use either one since they both are equal...

I'd probably choose the turbo over the N/a though because of the cool BOV, and boost guage the turbo has...

For all you turbo people out there, try running a lap at laguna seca in a F094/s and an F686/s and see which is faster for you. 9 times out of ten you will find that the NA 10 cylynder will smoke the Turbo 6 like a phat chronic blunt. Natural Aspiration gives you lightning quick throttle response. Turbo gives you power at high rpms. if I were running an oval, I'd take HP, if I have to turn, gimme Natural anytime. (ironic, as CART uses turbo 2.65s and IRL uses NA 3.5s)

Horsepower does not equate to speed.

Consistancy, Vision, Control. These are the three components of the new generation of race car drivers. Speed is a by-product.
Nicholas Cage
Gone in 60 Seconds

I'd agree, as I owned a 3.1L NA Grand Prix and now own a 2.0L Turbo WRX. The GP had more 'oomph' off the line, but once the WRX hits 3500 rpm, it's all over...:D

Latest Posts

Back