Falling horsepower

• Thread starter Jayjitsu
  • 5 comments
When progressing through a long series (one after the other) race, is there any way of getting around the problem of decreasing horsepower?
Usually you can just go for an oil change, but since you can't change oil in the middle of a series race you end up losing horsepower.
This happened to me in the GT World Champs in Amateur. I was driving the Impreza Rally Prototype, and ended up permanently losing 11hp (from 549 - 538) - this really pi**ed me off! I easily won the first six races, but then dropped off the pace big-style.

to avoid this problem always get an oil change before and after a long series or an endurance race.  If u do this than the oil will not go bad throughout the long racing periods.

Sometimes, even changing your oil before a long series, your oil light will still come on during the series.

FEAR NOT - the other cars will also experience loss in HP.  Driving with less time in the REDLINE will also prolong the life of your oil.

:)

You guys will not believe what just happened. I finally won an audi tt because I didn't want to waste my money buying one. I automatically bought a few upgrades and raced it in the begginer audi tt cup. I got a 6th place, 5th place, 2nd place, and two 1st places(not in that order). I got really pissed cause I didn't know the tt sucked so bad and I was about to restart from where I last saved(right after I won the audi) when I found out, that I won. I was so amazed because the computer didn't add up anyone else's points after cote d' azur so I got 1st. Weird huh? Responses?

Yep, the lost hp! My Toyota GT1 Race Car had 1350 hp but now with 535 miles it has 1260 hp.  Damn!!  Most of my cars also drop hp.  

Quote: from Jayjitsu on 5:47 am on Aug. 6, 2001[br].........  I was driving the Impreza Rally Prototype, and ended up permanently losing 11hp (from 549 - 538) - this really pi**ed me off! I easily won the first six races, but then dropped off the pace big-style.

I forgot to tell you, you must re-adjust your trans. and power band to squeeze every last drop of HP out of your engine.  Good luck!!!

Back