Oil Change

Oh, I'm sorry, after driving about 187 miles the oil light should come on...

Here ya go, I posted this under a different thread yesterday I think...

CHANGING YOUR OIL

A new feature (or burden) introduced in GT3 is the oil change. Unlike the carwash and the wheelshop, changing oil is crucial for the maintenance of your cars. First and most importantly, whenever you're about to race a new car for the first time, change the oil. YOur car's power will increase anywhere from 3 to about 40 hp depending on it's original horsepower. Second, after any series of races and certainly after a few single race events, you should change your oil again. In any event, after driving for about 187 miles without an oil change, the oil lamp below the tachometer will turn on. If this happens, you should change your oil as soon as possible. If you neglect to change your car's oil, you'll notice the horsepower decrease after a while. If you continually drive without changing the oil, you may permanently lose some horsepower. In championship series events, you won't be able to change your oil at all for the entire duration of the event. Because of this, your hp may drop at some point in the middle of the series. In these situations, if you change your oil afterward you'll still regain lost hp, but only up to the stock level of the car.

I was just quoting the U.S Producer of GT3, Taku Imasaki.., and the magazine TIPS & TRICKS...

Washing isn't crucial for maintenance, but it is crucial for improved aerodynamics...

Know what I'm sayin'...?

(Edited by Josh at 6:20 pm on July 25, 2001)

It says it improves aerodynamics, I can't remember where it said that, but it was either in the booklet that came with GT3, or the Versus Official GT3 Perfect Guide.

Back