GTPlanet Race Series.

• Thread starter GVX
  • 97 comments

GVX

OK, There's been a few races/challenges been happening so far with different people trying to get series going. As with most things there's been very little interest.

đź’ˇ Was there ever going to be a GTPLANET race series?? We need to have an official GTPLANET Moderator controlled series with set procedures for submitting lap times etc..

In doing this we should be able to get a decent series going and generate some more interest in this part of the site.

I would appreciate any feedback on this as I'm keen to get something up and running soon.

Chez
GVX

Yeah, that would be good, but I want a GT2 series too. You could have a seperate series for each, otherwise those who don't have GT3 (ala me) would be excluded. Otherwise, yeah-great idea.:D :cheers:

This is a great idea, but I just don't feel like I have enough time to manage a large challenge like that. But, if one of our moderators would be willing to take up the task, I'll do everything I can to help get it set up. (I think a dedicated forum would be nice!) :)

Yeah i love it, GERMAN POWER!!!!!!!!! 440+hp V-8 BMW M3!!!! The Schitser boys rule this world, but i still love Porsche's better.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it! :D

Dan, I'd be more than happy to let you run the challenge. We just need to get people signed up! :(

Please, if you're interested, reply to this thread!

Has anyone made up a race schedule, how many different classes are there if any, any rules as to what is allowed & how munch hp for turbo, & non turbo ,and weight limits, what will be the race duration, will it be # of laps or a time limit, best time in a set # of laps is probably the most accurate, will it be 1 race a week ?When will the participants post their times ?How many races in the series? And of course , which game system will be used ,ps1 or 2 or both.

I would not mind assisting on this as I have a lot of ideas.

1. Set up stepping stones series open to all racers.

2. Set up pro-series for all.

3. Elites for those that earn it.

4. 1 owner per team

5. 2 drivers per team.

6 1 test driver.

7. The owner selects his team.

8. Team mates must run the same car.

9. A test driver may race with another team and with his own if one of the
racers cannot, but the racer he replaces will get the points.

10. The lower classes can be used to assess drivers.

11. Cars will be limited by power-to-weight ratio and suspension adjustment.

12. Near stock racing will be highly limited, stock means no changes except possibly for simulation tires, and
near the higher class races there will also be limitations. Near the middle
it will be more open. Limitation by number or percentage, based off of the stock numbers for whatever the allowed parts are. Be careful with rules for
gearing since if in, for example GT2, you have gearing like this:

Setting 22

Going to a 4.175 and then moving to setting 21 and then back will change the
other gears.

13. Set a variety of championships.

14. Points for pole, best speed with best lap, best sector time (if applicable), place in
race.

15. Past a certain position, only 1 point or no points.

16. Extra points if team mates finish within the top 15, 10, whatever.

17. Manufacturers' points.

18. Manufacturer teams, of course.

19. Annual endurance races for those that qualify.

20. End of year super endurance race for the champions of each series.

Here it would be the combined time of several tries of a race.

So if you decide to use a pre-existing endurance race, like the Laguna Seca
one, then you would have the total of 3 races combined to get your time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey man, you're way ahead of me. I'm quite happy with those rules, if you clarify them to everyone before the start. I've got an idea too. We'll have to do it on hp so GT2 & 3 can compete. What we could do is as well as the main event, do a game event knockout (GT2 vs. GT3) in pairs and have a grand final at the end. What do you think?

Well, I'm going to sleep shortly and will need time. But I would like to get a consensus on whether or not any races should have handicapping, horsepower taken away, reduced downforce, et al.

Talentless , bejeeesus , I need a freakin secretary & a lawyer to keep that all streight, would it be simpler for qaulifing drivers to have the needed liscence. And I figure that all who participate will have a Int A Class liscence . Suggestion #9 sounds like a way for a participant to race on more than 1 team, how about the owner is the driver on the team ,1 owner 1 team of 2 drivers, should there be more than 1 of a same make car or producer such as the Supras,or skylines, then the team shall be given a designation , A team shall be able to submit a team logo,per ex ( The Wild Cats).Suggestion#8 is cool I like that , simulates a real GT race , A ? about # 11. Does GT2 have power to weight ratios?in their profile of cars ?
#12 I doubt that there will be no more than 3 classes of cars . However a team may choose to race in all 3 classes ,if so that team must stay with the same manufacturer in each class, per ex class 1 honda ,class 2 honda ,etc . Each class must be specific as to modifications & hp, class 3 shall be unlimited pro, no rally or hybrid permitted .# 14 Pole position ,would only be good for points ,I can see how that would work ,good idea:) How many championships would there be ,3? ,,overall, team ,manufacturer,& class , and how that all could be kept track of is a bit beyond me , see what I mean by a secretary .

Talentless, pls understand that I am not trying to be a bummer & extuinguish your enthusiasim, far from it , I respect and admire the depth at which you can forsee the complexity this event could envelope. If I may ,I ask of thee ,to review and simplify your suggestions so that the person whether a hardcore raceing fan of GT race circuit or like myself an entranced player of the GT psy games that has some knowledge of what the GT race circuit is ,can more easily assimilate and process & evaluate results in their heads, I look forward to your further input ,as well to getting this series off the ground .
:)

Suggestions, expect changes if adopted.

Races

Manufacturer Cup

Premise: Single make series which will race 5 events over different courses.

Races: 5

Race distance: 25 miles

Cars: A single model from a manufacturer will be selected and have only the change of normal tires to simulation tires done to it.

Touring

Premise: Four door sedan competion.

Races: 8

Race distance: 75 miles

Cars: Four door or seat vehicles whose adjustments must be within + or - 5 % of sport suspension settings, sport tires, a power to weight ratio of 0.125 or less.

Super Touring

Same as touring except that the 5 percent limitation increases to 15 percent (based on full racing suspension, suspension includes gear ratios and electronic adjustments), the tires become full racing and the pw is now 0.125 to 0.175

GT Series

Premise: Similar to Super Touring except that cars will be two door or seaters and the pw is now 0.175 to 0.2

races:8

race distance:75 miles

GT Grand series

Premise: Same as gt except that the range of adjustment increases to 25 % and the pw .25

races:10

race distance: 100 miles

Open Class

Premise: Open

races: 12

race distance: 100 miles

GTPlanet Endurance

races: 1

race distance: 125 miles per driver is combined for a race distance of 375 miles for each team.

Cars: Any make or model is allowed. The combined submission of each driver of a team will determine a team's time and the winners. The race field will be made up of different divisions like the ones mentioned earlier.

GTPlanet Elite: An end of season race where the top 5 drivers of each class compete in a set up like GTPlanet Endurance except that the distance for teams becomes 175 miles per driver of team for a total of 525. This series determines the GT Champions.

Teams may field up to two cars with one driver in each except for endurance races which must be comprised of 3 drivers per car.

Point system

Qualifying: 1

drivers:
1st:10
2:9
3:8
4:7
5:6
6:5
7:4
8:3
9:2
10:1
rest: 0

Team championship points will be determined by the total drivers points of team mates plus a 1 point bonus if both cars finish in the top ten.

Opinions?

dan, Thankyou very munch for your offer,I accept , I hope I don't slow us down. Looking forward to workin with you if we can work out the details & get this series going :)

Talentless, i think that proposal is a great idea, i'm 4 it.

To all GTPlanet members:

I need a teammate 4 this, i'm not a bad driver but not as good as others, so if u would like to me my teammate or me be your teammate please PM me.

Cool Cerbera:) . I'm not worried at all about you slowing us down. You're fast already, and with a few of my tips on setups, you'll be even faster (or I'll bugger everything you ever learnt up!)
Don't worry, I'm impressed by you're current standard and we can work together on the setups of our team cars so we can whip some @ss.:D

By the way, in case you missed it, Zerocool is currently looking for a partner and he is being modest. He is ****ing fast, believe me!;)

Talentless, I've now had time to read the rules properly, and I really like it. As things progress we just need to announce the challenge terms before each race. This is gonna be good!

Dan get one of Pako's or ask him to make one with the C5R, unless he has already made one, i havent been on that site in a while.

Go to your "Gone in 60 seconds...." thread.

Back