simple questions needing answers

hello,

I got GT3 a couple of weeks ago and am totally addicted to it, i am trying to eradicate the unimportant things in my life (sleep, food, social life etc) so i can focus totally on it and play it 24-7.

I am relatively new to the game and seeing as you all are grand masters i thought you might be able to help me with a few basics questions:

i have about 500,000 credits and have just got my rally licence, which is a good rally car to buy?, i fancy the ford focus..is it any good or are there better rally cars than this??

so far i have only bought the 'sports tyres' for racing (about 6,500 credits) and am doing alright, is it really worth buying the racing tyres with various compounds to compete with?

currently i am racing with a viper and its well fast (615bhp) and am thinking of purchasing another top end sports car - any recomendations?

i am now entering amateur races and winning, the cars i have won are not available to buy but look a bit weak, they are worth loads (sprinter trueno thing is worth 125,000 credits) are they worth keeping or should i sell them and buy something nice?

well i cant think of any other questions, i know these are all probably well basic questions for you but i would appreciate it if you have any answers/suggestions etc.

thanks and drive safe!

Which Rally car? - I 've found that with a little tweaking, most of the non-rally cars do better in the dirt. Case in point; my Impreza 22B mops the floor with the Impreza Rally car.

Tires - Sport tires are cool in the beginning due to the price, but now that I got the $$$, I use a mix of medium-hard, medium and medium-soft tires on my cars. (They don't always match front and rear due to either wear and/or handling considerations, but I digress.) These seem to provide decent grip while maintaining acceptable durability.

Cars - The Viper is a quite competent vehicle. It gives my 1072 HP Skyline R34 something to worry about in the top end category and is quite good in the corners too. You might consider maxing it out before moving on.
However, it's always good to have a kick@$$ 4wd in your garage too (for rally and 4wd challenges). Skylines are excellent on pavement, but iffy for rally, and Lancers are the opposite; Imprezas are equally adept on- and off-road though. GO big and buy a 22B. It'll get you through until you win either the Impreza LM or the FTO LM.

For rally races keep your 5000000CR and win a race with a subaru - works well on rally and track, I used a 350 HP 22B subaru as second car. Once U win a rally race (fairly easy) U get a rally car that U can tune up for few credits.
Racing tyres are much better to my opinion than other ones, you'll save many seconds - unfortunately they're expensive, especially if you want several models.
If you're starting amateur league with a Viper, U can win a Gillet Vertigo in the European championship. This belgian - as I am - car is rather ugly - (who said as I am ?) - but is very light - as I am not ! - and you've a car to beat all the other ones that has very pleasant handling and can be tuned up to over 750 HP for little credits - though you don't need this power to win
It's up to you to decide what are the cars to keep but U usually don't make much money by selling them to 25 % of purchase cost, and it'd be a same to have to purchase this car again later on for a peculiar race ! Also some cars cannot be won twice. Personally I keep all the cars except the craps under 150 HP .

Here's some thoughts of strategy:

i have about 500,000 credits and have just got my rally licence, which is a good rally car to buy? , i fancy the ford focus..is it any good or are there better rally cars than this??

Subaru WRX Sedan should work just fine, however if you build up an evolution (which you also need for other races) should also work out just fine.

so far i have only bought the 'sports tyres' for racing (about 6,500 credits) and am doing alright, is it really worth buying the racing tyres with various compounds to compete with?

It most certainly is. You will find that using wise pit strategy is the only way to win some of these races. Harder compounds=less pitting Softer compounds=more pitting. Finding that balance which compliments your driving style will be an important factor.

currently i am racing with a viper and its well fast (615bhp) and am thinking of purchasing another top end sports car - any recomendations?

Personally, I would save your money for upgrades to current vehicles because you WIN a vast majority of your cars from races. For an example, I have over 126 cars in my garage totalling at over 60 million cr. Of those 126 car I have only had to purchase 5 cars, and 2 of those were the first 2 cars in my garage. A lot of the cars that you win in the Pro League and in the Endurance league are nice, fast, racing machines. Some cars you'll just have to buy in order to meet the racing requirements of a paticular series.

i am now entering amateur races and winning, the cars i have won are not available to buy but look a bit weak, they are worth loads (sprinter trueno thing is worth 125,000 credits) are they worth keeping or should i sell them and buy something nice?

:) As far as the Trueno with the black hood? SELL IT! (unless your into collecting cars just for the sake of keeping them.

Later....

Welcome to GTPlanet speedjunkie.

1st? I used the Lancer with all the mods I could buy and won all the Rally Races with it, No Problem. :) If your racing the Ameteur Series now then you shouldn't have to buy one you should have already won one.

2nd? Definitely buy some Dirt Tires for the Rally Car your gonna use and as for the other cars, just buy what you need for the cars your using.

3rd? Don't sell any car unless you need to. I like to collect as many of the cars as I can. There are some things that can be done to get some extra credits in the game.

Click the link in my signature for more info on this..

Gost.gif

If you have an Evolution enter it in the Amateur Evo Challenge to win an Evolution Rally Car, my personal favorite.

If not put rally tires on a 4WD car and win a rally car.

If you're racing 3 - 5 lap races definitely go with soft, medium soft racing tires. How each compound does depends on the car the track the # of laps and your driving style. If it's a good car you'll use it on3, 5, and 10 lap races so you might as well have different tires for it.

You shouldn't have to buy anymore cars really. In Amateur American champ[ionship series you can win the Camaro race car which handles welel and goes up to 993 hp. As well, you can win the Vertigo in the European. I think you can win an Evolution or a skyline in the Japanese. Those three cars should win most of the races in Amatuer. The German touring car challenge wins the Opel Astra (829 hp, fast, good handling), a Ruf 3400s, and a beetle. And the Grand Turismo world champ wins the Toyota GT - One.

Except for races requiring certain cars these should take car of most races.

Have you seen the prize lists, etc... See the first posts to the forum.

Do you know how to get the car you want from a series? ie saving second to last race with 11 point lead, reloading game, etc...?

DO NOT GO WITH SOFT'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They only last 3 laps, so u'll have to pit! They only lasted 2 laps with my 1350hp Toyota GT1 car and soft's are over-rated, just use medium-slicks they less grip than mediums but they are better.

Pako has a good point but if u wanna really cream the rally cars buy a 22b sure its 50 grand but its better than all the Subaru's in the game and all the lancer's. And do not sell the Tureno SS it is one of my fav cars in the game, sure its worth a lot of money but it also handles better than most cars and it can get a nice amount of hp round 350-370.

Originally posted by speedjunkie
hello,

I got GT3 a couple of weeks ago and am totally addicted to it, i am trying to eradicate the unimportant things in my life (sleep, food, social life etc) so i can focus totally on it and play it 24-7.

I am relatively new to the game and seeing as you all are grand masters i thought you might be able to help me with a few basics questions:

i have about 500,000 credits and have just got my rally licence, which is a good rally car to buy?, i fancy the ford focus..is it any good or are there better rally cars than this??

thanks and drive safe!

I think that buying the best car really depends on your personality. I tend to do well with a car that is 4wd, with slight leanings to extra power in the rear. My friend loves RWD cars, and couldn't pass any license tests with FF cars at all.:)
As for the rally car, I like the Peugeuot. It's not as fast as many others, but it is extremely well balanced.
As for cutting things out of your life, try glueing mirrors to the backs of clothes hamper lids. Form a reflective maze from your television to your bathroom. Throw in 5 or 6 PS2 cable extenders and you should be good to go.:D

Also, be careful selling your cars, that 125,000 is pretty good for the low-power Trueno SS, but if you sell it, you'll never be able to win it again (without restarting). And as for concerns about the rest of your life, I'm thinking that once I hit 95%, I should stock up on Doritos, Mountian Dew, and Depends, then take a few days off work and power thru to 100%. :)

THE MUST HAVE CARS ON GT3 THAT YOU CAN BUY:
Nissan Skyline GT-R(R34)
A race-prepped Skyline
Z06 Vette
(A Viper just to have fun)
Escudo

Feel free to add to this people

Originally posted by BMW///M3
THE MUST HAVE CARS ON GT3 THAT YOU CAN BUY:
Nissan Skyline GT-R(R34)
A race-prepped Skyline
Z06 Vette
(A Viper just to have fun)
Escudo

Feel free to add to this people

Astra Touring Car and Pergeot 206 WRC

i just wanted to say thanks for all your suggestions.

I had a late night/early morning session on GT3 last night and managed to win a mercedes CLK touring car which is really really fast and also a mistibushi rally car so that opens up a whole new lot of races for me and will keep me entertained for a while.

All your other advice has been taken on-board (i am using slick mediums and am souping up my viper)

and ill print the replys out to take home should i need some help

Once again thanks and ill probably be back with some more basic questions that you can help me with soon.

remember: mirror - signal - manouvere

:)

Back