2024 Touring Car Thread - BTCC, TCR, and more.Touring Cars 

They've done well to get on with schedule so far given the early delays, frustrating sure, but ultimately the safest and wisest moves to take the precautions TOCA did.

-----

Big rollover in the Legends race just now, definitely a red flag stoppage. Perhaps the only danger with the legends given the wheels protrude out at each corner, so it's easy to dig in and roll spectacularly.

Edit: Race won't be restarted, but the driver involved is ok thankfully.

Last edited:
Statement of intent from Ingram in race 2, himself, Sutton and Hill were so closely matched all race. Increased Hybrid boost definitely seems to have a more noticeable effect.

I think Sutton will be glad the race wasn't a lap or two longer, judging by the blue smoke and what looked like fluid it was dropping on the in-lap. Close battles through the field, great drive by Huff to a potential reverse-grid place.

Edit: Well as it turns out, Huff will be on reverse-grid pole for race 3 :lol:

Last edited:
Huff on Reverse Grid pole.

I was not wishing any harm or anything like that whatsoever on Rowbottom in Race 1.

I obviously made a bad choice of words which is a problem I often have because I am on the Autism Spectrum.

Last edited:
Masterful drive by Moffat to hold all 4 of them off to win. One his best in the BTCC dare I say. Huff will be a little disappointed to finish in 6th, but he definitely had good pace. His Corolla didn't look as comfortable as Moffats though.

Sutton with some epic moves on both BMW's as well. All-in-all a great way to end a day of BTCC action 👍.

Masterful drive by Moffat to hold all 4 of them off to win. One his best in the BTCC dare I say. Huff will be a little disappointed to finish in 6th, but he definitely had good pace. His Corolla didn't look as comfortable as Moffats though.

Sutton with some epic moves on both BMW's as well. All-in-all a great way to end a day of BTCC action 👍.
Yeah, I'm a bit gutted for Huff but he should be a contender for a race win later in the season at least.

It's not the first time Moffat has won under pressure. Held off Ingram at Silverstone in 2018 under similar circumstances after all.

Sounds like race 3 was a good 'un. I was out on Sunday afternoon but had it recorded on season link. Unfortunately because it over ran due to the mornings rain the recording stopped just as the grid lined up... :rolleyes:

I think ITV show highlights at some point on a Saturday, so i can probably catch up with it then.

Sounds like race 3 was a good 'un. I was out on Sunday afternoon but had it recorded on season link. Unfortunately because it over ran due to the mornings rain the recording stopped just as the grid lined up... :rolleyes:

I think ITV show highlights at some point on a Saturday, so i can probably catch up with it then.
Think there was highlights this evening at 6:30pm to 8pm, if you hadn't already caught them 👍.

Otherwise there's another highlights show at 7:30pm - 9pm this Sunday 5th. Both ITV4.

Think there was highlights this evening at 6:30pm to 8pm, if you hadn't already caught them 👍.

Otherwise there's another highlights show at 7:30pm - 9pm this Sunday 5th. Both ITV4.
I remembered I could probably watch it on ITVX so did so earlier 👍

Was a bit of a pain as I only wanted to watch the last 3/4 hour of a 7+ hour broadcast and ITVX only lets you fast forward through it fairly slowly. You can’t just send it to the end and rewind a bit. But if you just sit there letting it fast forward on its own the app goes to sleep after a few minutes and you have to start again. So you press play every few minutes so it doesn’t. Every time you do that you have to sit through two or three ads. Took forever! Good race though!

I remembered I could probably watch it on ITVX so did so earlier 👍

Was a bit of a pain as I only wanted to watch the last 3/4 hour of a 7+ hour broadcast and ITVX only lets you fast forward through it fairly slowly. You can’t just send it to the end and rewind a bit. But if you just sit there letting it fast forward on its own the app goes to sleep after a few minutes and you have to start again. So you press play every few minutes so it doesn’t. Every time you do that you have to sit through two or three ads. Took forever! Good race though!

Yea, sounds about right. The ITVX app can be quite clunky to be honest. It works though at least, though the only time I use it is to catch up on BTCC on the chance I've missed the live broadcast.

But yea, brilliant races, race 3 especially. The small grid certainly hasn't detracted from the quality of the racing on track it seems.

*Small by BTCC standards anyway.

Back