A real noob needs help

Hi, I'm new here and just starting drifting yesterday. I have 4 drift cars (trueno sprinter ss, silvia 2000cc S13, spoon sports S2000 and SuperAutobacs MR-s)They are all under 500HP and my favorite is the MR-s because it drifts easier(mid engined) I don't have a steering wheel so I need to use the controller (I suck). I didn't modify any settings but the ride height. The two tracks I drift the most are Apricot hill raceway and deep forest raceway(they are easy) If you have suggestions for tracks,cars,settings,anything you're free to put them here.

How do I put a video from the Playstation 2 on my PC ???

I'm french so don't bother my poor english

Hi, I'm new here and just starting drifting yesterday. I have 4 drift cars (trueno sprinter ss, silvia 2000cc S13, spoon sports S2000 and SuperAutobacs MR-s)They are all under 500HP and my favorite is the MR-s because it drifts easier(mid engined) I don't have a steering wheel so I need to use the controller (I suck). I didn't modify any settings but the ride height. The two tracks I drift the most are Apricot hill raceway and deep forest raceway(they are easy) If you have suggestions for tracks,cars,settings,anything you're free to put them here.

I'm french so don't bother my poor english

I'm not a drift-pro or anything, but my advice is to cruise this forum a bit, you'll read plenty of tips and advice no-doubt. And surely other people will comment here. There are so many styles & methods to drifting; i would start off doing small, short-lived drifts and gradually you'll get the hang of it. Oh, and your English is fine :) I sure don't know any French :(

Now that I have GT4 (I got it today). Well I'm gonna drift in GT3 for a while until I can make enough money in the fourth to get a good car

GT4 has a totally different feel, doesn't it? The consensus is that GT3 is easier to drift than GT4, since it hasn't got as much realism hitting the models.

I've got a pretty good car in the fourth now but like you just said it's more difficult to drift unlike the three.

Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) with 300HP :

in GT3 i have many many drift cars some ive even just bought a turbo for like the the toyota sprinter adn they all drift easly but in GT i have the mustang GT with a huge spoiler and 512 BHP and Nos of course for those tricky races and all i can get it to do it burn rubber its almost im possible to drift, advice would be nice
thanks

take away some of the hp. make it 300-400 hp. take off the wing. eeeww :yuck:. you dont really need nos. my setup is usually a really soft susp. ride height all the way down.spring rate all the way down. move rear camber to 3. 4 for the bound, 6 for the rebound. take off all aids. and put on either n1 or n2 tires. its a pretty good setup and works for mostlt anything. i still have to tweak it but its suitable for a noob consideing im only an amatuer. it works really well with 4 wheel drives also except with 4 wheel drives you need to change the dif to have a 10 to 90 ratio. is it the svt msutang? that was the first car i tried to drift. it was hilarious. you should have seen the rear camber on that thing. it was hilarious.

naw its the GT one, its also got alot of sport stuff in it like gear box etc. i took ur advice adn changed that but i left the horse power the way it was just to see what happened and it worked really well on the large corners but on the smaller ones it usaly just went of the track

did you use n1 tires. i usually use n2 because it gives a little more pull on small corners. . thats also why i said i had to tweak it a little though. also because its a mustang you might want to pedal it during the corners ( on and off the gas) if your having any problems. as i said before i mostly use 4wd, and for some reason small corners are 10x easier with 4wd. most of your problem probably has to do with entrance to the corner other than that. try tweaking a little yourself if you come into any problems. another thing is track preference. the suggested tracks from me would be trail mountain, autumn ring (not mini), and that city track ss whatever, i forget what its called. anyways try to find a track that you like therefore you will end knowing how to enter each corner perfectly or just succesfully. have fun.

i think 4wd works better as u have 4 wheels pulling the car, if u have the differentail or wat ever it is at 50 50 then short corners are nearly all u can take but wen its 10 50 the car say an evo can take a nice long slide

Hi ooDrifteroo,
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2325899&postcount=5
and
check this out: http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/record.htm
It tells you all you need to know on how to achieve the above.
It's somewhat outdated but the principle still applies.

Trust this answers your 2nd query.:)

Edit: Just noticed you're playing GT3 (and not GT4), sorry above may or may not be possible with GT3. As I've never played GT3 I cant confirm if this will work.

AMG.

Back