BEST MOTORING ( A fan's tribute series )

Australia
Raymond Terrace
Jase_McMillan
Anyone else a massive fan of the old Best Motoring series from Japan?

After watching the battles countless times, and failing to generate any interest in such a series in the online lobby for GT5, I am desperately seeking some clean driving GT5/Best Motoring fans who wish to re-create some BM & Hot Version style battles at the circuits of Suzuka, Fuji, & Tsukuba.

To start off with, if I can can get some expressions of interest, I'd like to organise some one-model events at the above circuits on sports hard tires with the cars power & weight figures set to real world figures, ABS & TC on or off depending on whether the real life car is equipped with such aids, & no other tuning allowed. After having a few sessions like this we can establish who the best and worst drivers are in the group, as well as those who are most interested. We can then have some mixed model battles based on similar style to Best Motoring with a heavy focus on JDM and super sports cars, and the most skilled drivers in the slower or more difficult to drive cars for extra close racing.

Please note that this would not be a series for those who love winning above everything else, but rather for anyone who strives to not make contact with other cars and who might often stay behind a car for a little bit just to enjoy the close racing, rather than push someone out of the way to get through. Those who know what I mean, should need no further explanation! :)

An example of some possible battles would be as follows:

'Early '90's JDM' 'Type R Legend'
Tsukuba 5-Laps Tsukuba 5-Laps
'88 Supra '89 300ZX '96 Elise '97 Civic Type R
'90 Silvia '90 RX7 '02 NSX-R '02 GT-R
'91 NSX '91 RX7 '02 Silvia '04 Integra Type R

'WRX vs EVO' '2002 Super Battle'
Tsukuba 5-Laps Suzuka 3-Laps
'99 EVO '05 STI '92 F40 '94 F1
'05 EVO '07 STI '02 NSX-R '02 Viper
'07 EVO '10 STI '02 Enzo '02 Esprit V8

'2007 Super Battle' 'The 2012 Final Battle'
Fuji 3-Laps Fuji 3-Laps
'02 Enzo '06 GT '09 458 '09 ZR1
'06 Z06 '07 R8 V8 '09 R8 V10 '10 LFA
'07 430 Scuderia '07 GT-R '11 Aventador '12 GT-R

Would be looking to hold these races regularly on a Sunday afternoon/evening Australian Eastern Standard Time, other Aussies interested are most welcome, as we'll be less likely to have any lag issues, but all are welcome.

If you don't know what BM is then for crying out loud do a search on youtube and thank me later! :)

Give me a reply if interested and friend request me on the PSN, & I'll look to hold first events hopefully about a week from now.

Cheers,

Jason.

This one is clearly dead before it has even begun, no interest at all???

It's as dead as BM itself, very sad. I'll wait now until GT6 perhaps and then see if I can get some interest in a series like this. :(

Latest Posts

Back