Car of the Week | Week 58: Honki Honda (Honda RA272 '65)

We learned from last week's Special Challenge that the R5 Turbo is capable of not just winning WTC600 events, but it can even hang with Gr.4 cars in WTC700 races! Well done!

@Yard_Sale has put off their opportunity to pick the Car of the Week owing to a foot injury, and while they aren't 100% yet, they've chosen an old favourite of theirs—the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13—to feature on Car of the Week!

Gran Turismo® 7_20240512214108.png

Yard_Sale​

Sooo…heel-toeing is out of the question for another month - at least. With that said, I’ll choose the Ferrari GT3 458 for my car. It actually was the first ever car I picked when I joined you guys a few years ago. PLUS (and the main reason if I’m being honest), I already have half of a review done for it.

Ferrari's representation in Gr.3 may now be more than a decade old and two generations out of date, but I argue that it remains the best looking and especially best sounding modern Ferrari! It's also cinched victories at events like the 12 Hours of Sepang, Bathurst 12 Hour, and the 24 Hours of Spa, just to name a few! Can BoP make it competitive in Gran Turismo 7 against much newer machines, though?

Weekly Lobbies

Our weekly lobbies are ongoing as usual, and anyone (not a dick) is welcome to join us in racing bone stock 458 GT3s under BoP conditions!

Click on the hyperlinks to convert the times to your time zone, and feel free to add the hosts as friends on PSN to make searching for the lobbies easier!

The Americas Lobby

The Asia/Oceania also kinda European Lobby​

BoP/Settings Disabled: On (temporarily reverts cars to bone stock; WIDE BODIED AND ENGINE SWAPPED CARS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!)
Tracks: Randomly selected by lobby participants (~10 mins practice, ~10 mins sprint)
PP Limit: 750
Car: No Limit
Tyres: No Limit

~Special Challenge!~

The 458 GT3 has always been known to be a spicy customer in the handling department. This week's ~Special Challenge!~ is to tame that tail happiness of the 458 GT3.

The task is to take a bone stock 458 GT3 and set the fastest lap around a Spa Full Layout (NOT the 24h layout!) at the Rainy 13:45 preset. The twist: you're to do that lap in Drift Trial, and your lap is only valid if it meets the following conditions:

• Your drift score must be ZERO at the end of the lap
  • 2 wheels must be within the white lines at all times during the lap
  • The car's setup must be at its default
  • Tyres: Racing Inters/Full Wets
  • Brake Balance and ABS adjustments are allowed
  • TCS must be zero at all times during the lap
  • Replay must be saved; I might ask for it to be shared with me

Since Drift Trials don't display lap times in the HUD, you'll have to take a screenshot of the car's dash in replay mode to see your lap time. Have the HUD on to display your drift score as well when you do this!

I went and set this challenge somehow completely missing the fact that Yard had set his own special challenge... wow me, good job.

Here's Yard's original challenge for anyone interested:

Yard_Sale​

My challenge for the week will be a TT on Bathurst. Stock BOP (well, as much as we can regulate it in SP TT mode), with whatever assists a person needs to use to wrangle the stallion down the mountain

As of v.1.46, the 458 GT3's High Speed BoP specs are: 488HP (364kW) and 1,325kg (2,921lbs).

Of course, we always welcome opinions, tunes, liveries, photos, videos, or stories about the car here on the thread!

Friday:
finished writing and uploaded early my analysis and thoughts

Saturday:

full

"DOKE!! KONO.. KONO BAKAYAROU!!" ~ Peigi Daitoku, Week 4 "God complexes, and a complex God".
Obligatory Peigi related song

full

"This is Bandit 1000, slick. What we are dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law, heehee.. I always wanted to say that." ~ Ramlie Ajie, Week 15 "At Ease".
It's the Bandit, so I'll of course link it's iconic theme song.

Found 2 more cars that are just similarly as fun as the R5 Turbo with not even a 2 PP difference..

Haiyaa, I cannot believe this, mah. I'll just put off the writeups back to Sundays.

full

least I finally get to use the picture

‘Low risk’s just not enough for me anymore,
There’s so much left in me that I could laugh,
There’s no point in saying I’ve got nothing,
Throw your hands up and give me a Hi-Five,

It’s boring to just fall in line and follow behind someone,
“Declare your dreams and chase them!” is this town’s standard,
I lied when I said I just want to keep watching,
It’s about time, throw me the mic.

If I’m already here, then let me do something that I won’t even be able to take back,
I want to keep getting deeper into this,
Somehow, I feel like I’m in a romance,
I’ve fallen in love with this, or so I say….’

IMG_1788.jpeg

‘Then let me take you with me just like this,
Wherever you want, if that’s what you wish,
& I Wanna - I’m completely fine with just wanting more, some more,
If it’s possible, I want to know about and walk into the world beyond here….

Ready Steady

IMG_1789.jpeg

A plain-looking hatchback with its rear arches widened to accommodate a metallic, fuel-injected, turbocharged Inline 4 rear passenger instead of the usual flesh-based ones.

That is the the Renault 5 Turbo in a nutshell.

Unlike the Renault 5 Alpine and its confusingly named Renault 5 Alpine Turbo variant, the Renault 5 Turbo is a much more radical design, ditching its parent FF drivetrain for an MR one to herald Renault’s return to rallying.

With a lean 970kg body propelled by 159 purebred French horses to the rear wheels, the R5 Turbo is born to carve through corners like a chef carving up meat. Brake, release, toss into the corner, floor it when it’s time to go straight and correct as necessary. The R5 Turbo may have a healthy portion of power, but it isn’t overwhelming, even in the rain when served with a good dose of caution and quick hand on the stick shift.

Are there cars that offer more bang for your buck? Yes, the ‘17 Alpine A110 offers 56% more power at less than half the price of an R5 Turbo (or is complimentary for skilled drivers with a full collection of Gold medals from the normal IA tests).

But for those seeking an introduction into the world of mid-engine rear wheel drive cars without recklessly throwing themselves headfirst into the deep end (or into a wall), they can’t go wrong with the R5 Turbo.

We've had a few (really good) submissions in the PS Chat for "The Longest Yard" TT challenge, but we haven't had a submission for the "Slippery When Wet (or dry...)" special challenge yet!

What? Is Yard's challenge more fun? Is he more handsome than me? More cleverer?

Here's a replay of my 2:48.34x

One of the more common criticisms against GT7 is that some of the cars in its de facto Gr.3 category are horrendously out of date, and the 2013 458 Italia GT3 that is Ferrari's sole representation in Gr.3 is one of the more glaring examples of this, being more than a decade old and two generations out of date at the time of writing, with many crying out for a 488 GT3 or 296 GT3 to be added into the game.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240518183253.png

Me personally, I've never understood the point of adding new Gr.3 and Gr.4 racing cars to brands that already have representation in said categories, because the moment that happens, the old, perfectly serviceable racecar of the same manufacturer gets bopped out of contention by "Balance" of Performance to encourage players into the newer machine. We've seen it happen when the Supra Racing Concept replaced the FT-1 VGT, when the RX-Vision GT3 replaced the Atenza Gr.3, and we continue to see it with the BRZ GT300 replacing the WRX Gr.3 and the 2013 GT-R GT3 being a complete disaster to drive in comparison to the 2018 GT-R GT3, just to name a few examples. There's always an indisputable, objectively "better" car to be in among the choices offered by a manufacturer that offers more than one car in any given category, and not being in that car inadvertently has the effect of making one's racing suit look like that of a clown's.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240515234533.png

This practice is one that utterly baffles me, because one would think that having more options ought to mean more variety to choose from. Drivers for BMW could have been made to choose between straight line speed of the M6 and the handling agility of the Z4, or deliberate between short lived speed versus steady longevity with the two M6 models, but NOPE, you will drive the M6 Endurance Model for any and all purposes if you want to drive a BMW in Gr.3, and you will like it. The sad reality is that racing games are just another arm of marketing for manufacturers, and which marketing department would okay an older, out of production car walloping a shiny, newer car whose silhouette is actually on sale?

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240519031116.png

From the players' perspective, what's the point of having Polyphony Digital spend what precious little time, effort, and resources the relatively small studio has into adding a new racecar into a game, if said racecar is going to serve the exact same purpose of a car it's going to make redundant? Just for the sake of being a little more up to date? I don't know how many have noticed, but with the insane fidelity of cars in GT7, there's seemingly a gap of 2 years at minimum between when a non–Toyota car is launched in the real world and when it gets added into GT7. In other words, a car new to GT7 is always going to be out of date by real world standards, doubly so if it's a racecar in a widely adopted and often used category.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240518183246.png

So then, my interpretation of players clamouring for a 488 GT3 or 296 GT3 to replace the 458 GT3 is not that they want the variety, but because they want something else to fix Ferrari's Gr.3 representation, because—hoo boy—does the 2013 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 badly need fixing in this game.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240515235905.png

Style edited from Ferrari 458 "Itariya" GT3 by XSquareStickIt
#itariya #italiya #gte

This might come as a bit of a shock to those that know me well, but I'm going to start by praising a Ferrari: the 458 GT3 has the looks of Medusa, the voice of a succubus, and the purity of an angel in its 9,500rpm–capable 4.5L NA V8 powerplant. And don't think for a moment that it's all show and no go, because it has a front end so incredibly agile that it's boarderline difficult to get used to, partially because it's difficult to believe how responsive it can still be deep into a corner with the brakes held, but also because I know that getting used to this responsiveness is going to spoil me silly when it comes time to drive another Gr.3 car—it feels like a Radical SR3 in a sea of what might as well be family sedans. It's THAT ferociously sharp of a front end.

So much that the rear end simply can't keep up with it whatsoever.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240515225535.png

While there may be other tail happy cars in Gr.3, none let go as willingly and quickly as the 458, and despite many of the automotive industry's most notorious widowmakers calming their tits down with GT7's current understeer biased physics, the 458 retains its psychotic handling undeterred and untamed across several different versions of multiple Gran Turismo games, seemingly never to find peace with any set of physics not licenced by Ferrari. The 458 GT3 in Gran Turismo 7 struggles immensely to put down power out of a turn; past 80% throttle, the rear diff locks up at the worst moment possible—when a driver is meaning to unleash all the horses as the curve straightens out—causing the entire stable to spin. It's deathly allergic to even microscopic bumps on the road, to say nothing of rumble strips and grass, making tracks that necessitate heinous offroad cuts, such as Lago Maggiore, a deeply frustrating drive, especially when the 458 squirms suddenly at the apex and earns its driver a track cut penalty. This thing is ENITRELY. INCAPABLE. of trial braking on a downhill whatever the brake bias or ABS setting. In the wet, I suspect that wheel users have it extra rough because this thing won't even need the steering wheel or the throttle pedal to break sideways: just stomp hard on the brakes going into Spa's Pouhon from the outside, and behold in amazement as the 458 GT3 so vehemently refuses to hold a straight line under braking that it would sooner learn how to tear into another dimension to leap across space and time than to simply go straight: the way it spears off under hard braking in seemingly random directions in the wet somehow makes me think my car somehow got backported to Gran Turismo 1, and this behaviour makes me leave safety margins so wide that my 16:9 flatscreen TV might as well be a 4:3 CRT.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240515225542.png

Is it a fast car when allowed to slide? I don't know, and I don't care enough to know, because in my hands, even something long obsolete like an Atenza Gr.3 would have the same "practical speed" as a 458 GT3 across several laps, even if the Ferrari can set much faster lap times if it felt like cooperating once in a blue moon. Under v 1.47 BoP, I notice that the 458 GT3 has strong acceleration for a cornering car—if you're charitable enough to call it that given its eager front end—but wanes off in fifth gear at around 235km/h (146mph). Unless a rare Sport Mode race allows for adjustments to the suspension and differential, I would stay the hell away from the 458 GT3 and pick among the swathes of easier to drive and faster RMR Gr.3 cars, such as the 911 RSR, 650S GT3, Huracán GT3, R8 LMS Evo, or even a surprise sleeper that I'm sure SPD will tell you more about. I will have to note however, that the 458 GT3 feels bewilderingly comfortable at home around Nürburgring GP for some reason, so much that it made driving the 458 GT3 around other tracks feel like trying to force a Nürburgring GP–shaped peg into a round hole.

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240519031109.png

While the ever changing Balance of Performance can adjust a racecar's power and mass figures to make different cars competitive at different points, BoP doesn't ever change a car's default suspension, aero, diff, and weight distribution setups, which are locked most of the time in Sport Mode races, and it really shouldn't be any excuse for a more casual player to put up with the 458 GT3's nonsense. I'm with the crowd that badly wants a 488 GT3 or 296 GT3 to replace the 458 GT3 for this reason, but I'd also be lying if I said there isn't any part of me that wishes the 458 GT3 could be fixed instead of taking a chance at the completely unknown, because it is still the best looking, best sounding Ferrari in my eyes. IF a 488 or 296 GT3 ever does arrive to replace the 458, I suspect even someone who dislikes Ferrari as much as I do would feel a bit sad that the 458 GT3 will be retired. Here's hoping for the love of pasta and pizza that whatever replaces it will be set up to run on more than a single track...

Gran%20Turismo%C2%AE%207_20240515225522.png

I’ve never been one to follow the WEC or any type of GT racing, despite enjoying the cars that are purpose-built to these regulations. So, I’m coming into this review without any real pre-established expectations of what to expect from GT3 and Gr.3 cars. To make sense of the 458 GT3, I decided to shake off my apprehension and take a bone stock 458 GT3 to a number of races in the Gr.3 series in single player.

Once I’d gotten through these test races, I found a few things I wanted to call out when it comes to the 458:
1) It lacks top end performance on both stock settings and BOP.
2) As a VR user, the shift indicator built into the car is obstructed by the large steering wheel, necessitating that I tilt my head down to look under the wheel.
3) I have tremendous difficulty trying to shift by ear, and the 458’s free-revving, smooth-sounding engine obfuscates its engine speed more than it helps. 8k and 9k RPM sound too similar to each other for me. Combine this with the unhelpfully obstructed shift lights, and I find myself slapping the rev limiter like it owes me money.

The handling, while in line with other GT3s of the era, didn’t really strike me as anything special. I found myself more engaged with the R34 GT500 and the Suzuki VGT that I tested as comparison points than I did with the Italia, especially the Suzuki.

Honestly? I really don’t like the 458. It just feels like a 458 that’s been stripped of its entire personality and forced to run on a treadmill until it keels over. It’s a car devoid of charm outside of those who fanboy over anything with a prancing horse on it. It doesn’t really engage you in driving it, simply choosing to comply with instructions like a German car would. And to add insult to injury, it doesn’t even have the necessary waft to keep up with other Gr3s under BOP. And since we’re talking about competitive GT, when was the last time Ferrari actually made it to the GT Manu Cup’s live events?

The 458 GT3, in its current state, is pretty much worthless. Drive it if you like Ferrari or signed with them, but… good luck getting anything meaningful out of it besides the noise.

SPD Writes Gran Turismo 7's Car Of The Week: Week 57 - Ferrari 458 Italia GT3

full

From the boot shaped lands of Italy, I bring you Gran Turismo Sport's most famed, rear kicking deathtrap at 160 miles per hour.

In the 2010s, Ferrari were rolling in fame and praise with the recent release of the 458 Italia: a car so well made, they say it's deserved of it being suffixed under the country of origin. While that car's a hit in many ways, it's also an electronically assisted cage that houses a mighty wild V8 with a wholly new aluminum body derived from their Formula 1 technologies.

Now to the race car. Sending it over to their usual race tune team of Michelotto Automobili that they've worked with since they construed the 288 GTO (someone nominate this car please and thank you), the car made headlines as it makes a surprise debut in the 2011 Ferrari Challenge Trofeo in Monza. From there, it took part, and won its good share of GT racing endurances and sprints for a good 5 years before being replaced by the 488 in 2016.

What's been done to the car has mostly been out of the engine, as that's literally a detuned variant of the road car. What we see is a new sequential 6 speed, replacement of nearly all parts with racing spec variants, a carbon fibre shell, the giant wing and splitter, and Motegi racing wheels. On BOP, the car runs with 489 horsepower over a 1.32 ton load (on High speed, it's 495 horsepower). This little power, and it's turning out to be a straight up handling car, if you ask me. But guess where the root of all the complaints are for this car? I'm not going to answer that.

I don't know what to say since past SPD went to say something about the need for GT racing, so WHOOPS: he be jammin'! The car did appear once in week.. umm the one with the GR010, I think? Though, after 2 weeks in a row, I feel I don't want any racing to show this week.

And another thing: this whole writeup is done on Thursday.. And let's get this out of the way: you know what I thought of the moment this car was nominated? No, not the good old days after 9-11, and I was going to say you're close.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 57: Pure red hues of enlightenment

A small eatery within Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Night

full

Being directed to a private room by the restaurant manager, a well dressed Candy struts in to an empty private dining area, prepared with a pleasant flowery scent and ambiance.

Admiring the decor, she as she looks about the warm candlelit table.

Candy: "Hmmhmmmhmmm.. Nash sure has a way with women.."

As she readied to sit, the door she came in shut.

A quick look around, and another man who's definitely not Nash Kirkham awaits her, somberly asking..

Clark: "Bitch, what gave you THAT idea?"

Candy: "Hngk-"

She turned, only for Nash to set up a meeting with his brother instead of himself, prompting a reason to panic.

Crawling into a corner, she whimpered..

Candy: "OH PLEASE DON'T HURT ME I PROMISE I'M GOING TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU!!"

Clark: "Hmm.. I do miss that of Cierra, surely.."

After a quick reminisce, he then went back to business, declaring sternly..

Clark: "A fuss in the middle of a public place is the last thing I want. Sit."

As if her greatest fear of being on the spotlight came to be, she couldn't stop shaking, while sitting.

He then sat too, and as soon as they both are settled on the specially prepared table, he makes his move..

Clark: "Listen, you shrimp: I aim to get to the bottom of what mess you caused.. So.. if I'm hearing right.. Cierra.. ran away at her own volition?"

Candy: "You.. don't believe that, do you?"

Clark: "At first.. no. So far, that remains a no unless I get word personally. Good luck getting THAT out of her."

A brief pause then followed, but Clark knew enough from what he saw with her nervous worried face.

He asked, roughly and politely.

Clark: "Are you not hungry?"

Candy: "My appetite's gone.."

Clark: "I know what you're thinking.. the thick air's got you all mucked up, you can't even take a nibble?"

Candy: "I.. uhh.."

He then felt his relations souring with her causing this, prompting him to declare..

Clark: "I'd say you have a hand in all this awfully awkward foolishness. I was going to have The Guts join us, but that would mean an extra... 10 to 20 Euros out of my own pocket. Not to mention that f[BLEEP]er can eat."

Candy: "Him.. eat?"

Clark: "Yes. You know.. with their mouth? I don't care what planet that t[BLEEP]t claims to be part of. To anyone he's an alien, sure, but to you and me: he's still a mortal who can f[BLEEP]ing bleed."

With that in mind, Clark then followed by pointing at one side of the restaurant..

Clark: "Look over there.."

The man he points to, joyfully munching down a meal for two, is somebody who still wears a race attire, but with a full balaclava mask on, giving Candy a curious thought..

Candy: "I've never seen a man eat with balaclava on.."

But remembering The Guts also got her wary, asking..

Candy: "Ergh.. I hope you have your phone with you.."

Clark: "Oh, that's still here. Never had an issue with that kleptomania of his. No sir."

They both go back to each other.

Clark: "I know you're thinking in what ways am I going to strip your soul from your body. Lest you forget that both Ginoa and Boniface are under my supervision in some form."

Candy: "Oh, huh? (HOW COULD I EVEN FORGET THAT?!!)"

While all that happened in the mind, Clark sees that she can't hide it through her face.

Clark: "Let's get this heavy air out of the way. You think I'm here to serve you your last meal while I then eventually find a way to eke out some form of revenge, is it?"

He asked, respectfully, but Candy remained unmoved.

Clark: "I may like violence.. but I sure am not unintelligent to challenge those that.. let's say, protect you."

Candy: "Protect? Hah. If not Minori-chan, who's as we both know, quite rogue.."

Clark: "Rogue is just a nice way to put it. I mean, I might have my beef with the Guild, so what?"

She remained on edge, which was not in his schedule for what he has in mind tonight.

Flipping the pages of a well made menu, he then shared..

Clark: "But I suppose for you, since you're not hungry, I can skip straight to dessert. That's what Ginnie's been telling me. Go ahead.."

He slid over the menu, revealing various pastries and cakes flooding the pages.

However, she remained, once again, unfazed.

Candy: "Urhh, she has more reasons for me to dock her pay.."

Clark: "What, reporting to me is strange? You really believe she's loyal to you purely? Rubbish. She looks out for herself more than anything, then to us. It's how f[BLEEP]ing she operates."

Knocking herself out of this trance, she asked..

Candy: "So, what brings you here to this part of Croatia?"

Clark: "Sim Gear, if it's not obvious enough. Only that we're a man short, but the show must go on, as they say. Dragon's Trail is ours for the next few days.."

Candy: "We're racing this weekend."

Clark: "The more the reason I want less about it. But being the f[BLEEP]ing face of Sim Gear, as well as even being the main sponsor of the race means I can't crawl my way out this time."

She's reading through the booklet, but Clark hasn't an intention to keep the air feeling weighted.

Clark: "Right.. umm.. pressured, are we? How about something else to calm those waves. Ever hear on how I treat women?"

Candy: "That's not.. what I know a lot of. But Minori-chan.. every mention of you, she's got nothing but good words for you."

Clark: "It's because I treat her with f[BLEEP]ing respect, and that I get back. Never had a love for anyone who disrespects the females. To harm them is to be treated similarly to those that takes advantage of the weak.."

He spoke it out loud and clear, he followed up, still with his usual gruff tone..

Clark: "You got it, champ?"

But his expectations end up broken when she then retreated off the table, and crawled under it.

Candy: "I.. I don't!! I'm going to be the exception!! I. Am. Doomed!!"

He looked under, seeing the little racer cowering in ample fear.

Clark: "Daft c[BLEEP].. She misses the point, entirely.. Snap out of it. There's NO way you giving up Cierra to those shady bums would lead to such an outcome. Not by me, at least."

He snaps his fingers, but refused to act further.

Not in a mood to scheme something, he revealed..

Clark: "This meeting is set up by my brother, and even if I was bul[BLEEP]ting about my treatment to good women, there's no way you're coming out of it hurt. Even though you disobeyed orders.."

Candy: "La la LAAHH, I'm not having any of it!"

Sternly, he continued..

Clark: "Please.. you're probably the first person I openly talk about my old flame Dorah about. Not even my brother gets that special treatment."

As it went on, another person enters the room, with his theme song going on, and seeing the scene briefly has his thoughts collected enough..

Nash: "Oh look, my brother's a terrible socializer like he's always been."

Clark: "Sod off. Don't think it's MY fault this time."

Nash: "Well. it's SOMEONE's fault, and look how lost she's in. All we gotta do is.. clear up the discord."

Clark: "Clear up the discord.. right."

He closes the distance, and leaned down, requesting peacefully..

Nash: "Come now, Candy.. all my brother wanted to do is apologize."

Clark: "Apologize? F[BLEEP] off with that s[BLEEP]e! I'm the victim of this encounter, don't you say?"

He argued, not angrily.

Candy saw these two men together, and that enough granted her a smidge of courage, leaving the undersides of the table..

Candy: "He's right. I mean.. it happened in front of me so quick, I didn't.."

They knew what she was about to talk about, but before she went further, Nash stopped her, consoling her..

Nash: "There. It's in the past now."

Clark: "She's going to do more than just plain forgive and forget to get back my trust, brother."

Nash: "Well.. tiny steps then."

Seeing the situation change for the better, Clark then noted, cheekily..

Clark: "You hear that. I'm giving you mercy."

Candy: "Don't remind me."

She gets on her feet, now soothed of the troubles she faces from Clark by himself.

Nash, on the other hand, has other thoughts..

Nash: "As a matter of fact, I'm at the mercy of my appetite. Got something ready for me, brother."

Clark: "You know, I thought the doctors said you have to fast.."

Insulted through a man's appetite, Nash didn't hold back, even though he obviously was trying to keep his composure strong..

Nash: "How many times do I have to-you KNOW I don't need to fast when travelling, brother, how dare you!"

the news day.jpg

Dragon Trail International Raceway - Seaside Route
Dalmatian coast, Split-Dalmatia county, Croatia
Morning

full

The well known GT race venue has been a host for many events, including the upcoming Sim Gear Grand Prix.

full

A whole host of teams bring out their beasts as they come to conquer the famed Seaside route, inclusive of one Le Glace Pacer.

full

Passing through a few cars on practice, Candy then notices a sight to be afraid of..

Candy: "The dark one's on practice too?"

full

Pushing past an Alfa Romeo, she gives chase to the flame embroidered Mustang..

Candy: "Let's see how good is he on these popular high speed roads.."

full

It's not her first time, but assuming it's the Mustang's first time, she finds a reason to be awed, and also to to push further as it paces similarly to the chaser.

full

Closing in the gap by the Chicane of Death, the two cars pass it with no issue..

But they're not alone.

full

A white Italia GT3 too comes by, plowing any resistance aking to an unreal gust of speed engulfing it.

full

Looking back, she noted..

Candy: "That Ferrari on my tail.. seems familiar, though.."

full

later 3.jpg

full

As the track remains available for the racers, Candy, strolling along the pit area, finds it is time to take a break.

As one of the earliest comers, she then notices the garage aside her team's..

full

Candy: "Moto-san's here to rumble.. I know he's near."

Walking past the car, she then sees the driver of the black NSX, meditating with his racing attire on.

She crept up close, only to see his eyes open, and leaping upwards off his meditation position and on his feet..

With his usual grin and cross eyes, he greets.

Hayato: "Greetings, Candy-chan. You look well.. but it's not like you ever aren't, heehee.."

Candy: "Umm.. you too.. seen Nash anywhere?"

Arms crossed, he replies without a positive answer.

Hayato: "Yes, Jiji is here, but.. tsk, I seem to have lost track of him. Tough luck."

Candy: "I'm not looking for him, but least I know he's around."

While having a quick look around the NSX, she notices Hayato's preparedness, asking..

Candy: "Was that you in the Ferrari?"

Hayato: "No. Not this time. I know the answer, but first: Some say he would make millions writing his autobiography in exclusively Swahili. And that he's in some way directly related to Count Binface. All we know.. he's The Guts!"

Jumping from a storey above, the Guts then lands aggressively in front of them, with great hints of a superhero landing.

Instantly after, he stands back and crosses his arms like he usually would.

Candy: "It had to be you, right? I wonder, since I made you bleed that day, that you went for Ferrari to race for?"

He then shook his head, gesturing to the two of the Genesis garage a few slots ahead..

full

They didn't move, but Candy saw enough hints that the Genesis X is around, continuing..

Candy: "I see the X is here.. Figures. I wonder who's going to be the one driving the Ferrari on race day.."

Noticing the Guts using a phone, she curiously wondered, as Hayato then spoke with interest..

Hayato: "Tip tap tip tap. He's got a phone already? You work fast, Candy-chan!"

Candy: "Ai? I appreciate the compliment, but that's not mine.."

The two then receive a notepad writing, which Candy reads..

Candy: "No idea, shrugging emoji.."

But she had a feeling..

Candy: "You know what, this phone feels familiar! Who's it from, our supermassive phone thief?"

She asked with intent, as she grabs it for a feel.

Hayato, with a quick inspect indirectly, then deduces..

Hayato: "Is it? Heyy.. this is Rin-chan's phone!"

Candy: "My, it is.. This would be the third time he's got it.. and the second time on Dragon Trail."

Disgruntled, he turned to Candy, then asking curiously..

Hayato: "How'd you count that up?"

Candy: "I.. don't know.. my big sis has got to be the worst in phone security. Isn't she like.. in Interpol too?!"

Not wanting to get in trouble, she hands the phone back..

Candy: "Well, here you go, Guts. Perhaps you should bugger off, because if I know my big sis, she's bound to be close with something like that missing."

With questions abound, Hayato asks..

Hayato: "I was wondering.. why give it back to him?"

Candy: "What if big sis saw me with her phone? She's going to get back at me.. she might disable my electronics! And just as I was going through the first act of Baldur's Gate 3.."

Worried about what happens after her heroes escape a wrecked mind flayer ship, she then notes of a cool looking fellow walking by, realizing it's..

Candy: "Lulu's brother!"

Startled, he turns towards this small crowd, then waves..

Williem: "Guten tag! How have you been? Schweister has been mentioning you being in a bit of a mess right now."

Recalling her episode yesterday, Williem then turned to the Japanese hotshot racer..

Williem: "While she thinks, I should address you back, Moto-san."

Hayato: "Hello. Salutations. How are you? Beep beep."

He replied like an emotionless robot, much to Williem's chagrin.

Williem: "Charming like the great Moto-san would be. Wow, how fascinating!"

Hayato: "You seem to be in a good mood. We're clashing on track in a few days, again. Perhaps this.. good mood of yours will be your last until then, hehehehee [slow clapping]."

Back to the real world, Candy added..

Candy: "Don't mind him."

Williem: "I know."

Said Williem as he gestured her away calmly.

Now noticing him as missing, Hayato then explained..

Hayato: "The Guts went that way, but if you want our company instead.."

Williem: "Sure! Sure! I see he got ahold of Frau Nishimura's phone."

Candy though then wondered..

Candy: "How'd you figure that?"

Williem: "He's got that phone from the moment I arrived. Saw enough to see the screen logged in the Interpol databases and I can figure... who on the track has this kind of information at the ready.."

As he finishes, they then see The Guts making yet another episode of The Escape..

And his usual victim follows him, wiping away her sweat..

Rin: "I CANNOT BELIEVE THISS!!"

She leaves, but not without gathering mention from the nearby racers watching it unfurl..

Candy: "I'm surprised she hasn't gotten fired."

Hayato: "To know is one thing. To share is another. I doubt unless the animal is offered a large sum of credits, he won't be telling anyone of this antic of his."

Williem: "Guts? Speak out? Preposterous! Kamerad, I know nothing of his intentions with the phone. Perhaps he thinks it's fun?"

Hayato quickly rebutted, putting his thoughts of a certain alien in focus..

Hayato: "Fun's not in his vocabulary considering his on track results."

Williem: "Too true.. too true."

Candy then wondered, with the presence of these two..

Candy: "Anyone else racing among us?"

Williem: "Guts, Nash, Me, you, him, Nishimura and Ross."

With that in mind, she then decided..

Candy: "That's well accounted for.. Well, I'll like some me time. I'll see you two later?"

Williem: "Alright."

Her mind flooded with helping her big sis's current predicament, Candy wandered about the pit lane.

As she enters the Ford garage, she then notices, behind the cars..

full

..clearly seeing one man passing a package to the other.

Candy: "Shady.."

Before she made herself unknown to the exchange, one of the men turned his gaze towards her, as if a red hue was infront of it.

That man then spoke, displeased..

Jake Ross: "Tell me then.. my little Asian flower.. you saw.."

Candy: "N-nothing!"

She wanted to run, but not only is this man a friend in her head, but her urge to do so disappeared as he continued to declare with a fearful vibe about..

Jake Ross: "Y'sure about that? I don't tolerate liars so well, y'know?"

Candy: "I'm at that thought process where.. I saw you with someone, but it's not visible enough for me to tell if it's a good or bad thing.."

Amused in his head, he then reaches to the back of the Group 3 Mustang, revealing his signature machete laying.

After twirling it about, she then realizes, as he feels the blade with his racing gloves..

Candy: "It's.. bad. Very bad? Very very, very bad?!"

Jake Ross: "You remember this?"

He spoke sinisterly upon inspecting the fine blade, referencing back to Week 2.

Still, she spoke back, not wanting more of this..

Candy: "Hee.."

He's not showing hints of how amused he is, but it was enough for him to reveal..

Jake Ross: "Don't aim to get you to panic, but.. I guess the secret's up. That's an Augur man."

Candy: "Interesting. I mean.. not interesting! What's in the box?"

Jake Ross: "(She failed to hide that intent..) Ain't relevant. Yet. Right now, I'm famished, and need some shut eye.."

Just as he turned away, he looked to a mirror in terms of the person's physique that appears..

Jake Ross: "Guts? What're you doing here?"

Instantly he was handed a certain phone, and inspects..

Jake Ross: "Oh?"

Candy: "Big sis's phone?"

The Guts then departs, but to what form is up to the reader's imagination.

And after, Jacob remarks..

Jake Ross: "Her world is in my hands."

Candy: "You planning on returning that?"

Jake Ross: "Eventually.. but if I'm being honest, I dunno. We'll see if she finds out he's now running for the heck of it."

Candy: "Naughty."

As he scrolls left and right, an impatient little racer interrupts..

Candy: "Well.. are you going to tell me something?"

Jake Ross: "About that.."

He skims left and right, but not willing to risk it, he describes..

Jake Ross: "I feel we remain in the phone's chat room. If not me.. Keith.. Ayumi.. we got lot of work banter, but looks to me Jess's team are scattered all over the planet. She's being based back in her home place of Tochigi. With family."

Candy: "She told me about it.. actually shared a picture of her home on socials.."

Jogging her memory, she remembers that..

Candy: "So that would mean the old man Alan?"

Jake Ross: "Yup. You know he married her mom? Strangely, that makes him family."

Candy: "If we take the logic of my big sis, then it would mean the Bristol Harbinger is my step-dad? To believe that to be true is.. just real unheard of."

As more thoughts of how unreal this family tree branches out, they were joined by a mad dasher from earlier..

Rin: "Whew.. huff.. I.. should've brought my blades.."

Noticing her phone, she snatched it off without hesitation..

Rin: "Thank you very very much.. oh, looks like you're here too, little sis?"

Candy: "Hey.. so I've been meaning to ask for the past week, but how was Chamonix?"

Knowing he could answer that, Jacob takes offense and argues..

Jake Ross: "You.. chose to ask her, not me?? That hurt."

Candy: "Get over it, you big dark baby."

Rin then delved back to the white bliss of snowing the past week..

Rin: "Oh, well.. if you've been skiing on Japan one time in the past, in France it's different.. still fun."

Jake Ross: "Shame we had to cut our time hanging out with Daphne."

Recalling that name, Candy had positive vibes as she brings it up..

Candy: "Ohh.. Daphne! I'm sorry.. I'm not wearing the hat today."

Jake Ross: "She said you found her?"

Candy: "More like she found me."

Rin: "And you raced with her.. Don't keep us waiting: how was it?"

Candy: "A nice, cute little race between what was going to be a bunch of friends. Next time I'm in the US, we visit her, no excuses."

He yawned, but not meaning of boredom.

Jacob then spoke, fatigued..

Jake Ross: "Alright. Yeah, I know the place. But right now.. I need rest. I'll leave you lovelies to it."

He walks to the back, and as Candy watched him exit, she turns to her big sis, and notices the sneering grin of evil suddenly popping out..

Candy: "Soo.. w-what's new?"

Rin: "That Guts! I'm putting an arrest warrant the next time this shenanigans come about.."

Candy: "No way you have the authori-"

Interrupted with a palm to her mouth, Rin's fumes remain on full heat..

Rin: "Don't ruin the buzz, little sis! I'm going to get back at him so I can cool off a little.. hmm.."

In a swift fashion, she gripped her little sister's hand and dragged her out of the garage.

Candy: "Wh-where are we going??"

later 2.jpg

Dragged down the pit lane (gladly not by her dress collar this time), the women arrive at a sight..

Rin: "AHH HAH! This would be his car for the day.."

full

Candy: "The Sim Gear Ferrari? Absolutely not! I saw the Sim Gear Genesis X!"

Rin: "I don't care: I saw him out of it. That must mean he's driving it in a few days.."

Candy, not liking being around, argues in hesitation..

Candy: "Big sis, before we jump to conclusions.."

And as she readies to exit, she runs into a most divine underground racing kingpin.

Clark: "Morning."

While he's now in a professionally styled look, Candy still puts the Sim Gear host and the Messiah as the same person, and began to scream..

Candy: "UUWAAAAA! It's the patron saint of the London underground!"

As she backed away to the Ferrari, Rin joined him as he wonders..

Clark: "She's still shaky about yesterday, I wager? Come now, you had a most delectable pudding last night.. that I paid for.. three times over."

Rin: "Uhhh... no comment. Hi there, Clark-san!"

In a strange sight to her, Clark revealed a smile.

Clark: "My phoenix Rin! You never come over to say hi to the man that taught you all he knew? F[BLEEP] me, I'm.. flabbergasted."

The hostile air disspiates with that tone, which then she questioned..

Candy: "What on Earth just happened?! B-big sis?!"

As Candy exits her cover, Clark, in a much better tone, spoke..

Clark: "That's news to you?"

Candy: "What does the confused response mean to you then?"

Rin: "My little sis is learning more and more about us.."

Entertained by her befuddlement, Clark recalled..

Clark: "I told you I respect women, right, Candy? Behind Dorah, she's the prime suspect."

Rin: "As part of the Mythic Initiative, I was given to him to learn how to race, ehe."

Candy's head might be full of questions, one such question dropped as she learns..

Candy: "You mentioned none of this at all.. it explains your amazing driving!"

Rin: "Guiltyy~"

Teased Rin as she pulled her cheek in humor.

Clark, acting nicely, has an idea..

Clark: "At any case, since you still have that ounce of guilt, how about you do something for me.."

Candy: "A-alright.."

Walking to the Ferrari GT3, he then rubbed his hand over its smooth lines, then explaining.

Clark: "I've been gathering telemetry data for that Ferrari.. I'm hoping that with some input from a few more drivers, I can perhaps find the best ways to adjust it for the final race. All you have to do is drive. If you want I can make it so you can drive your f[BLEEP]ing heart out.."

Candy: "That won't be necessary! I'll get my helmet.."

She then dashes away, but this time not by force, as Clark then watches her go..

Clark: "Swell. Rin, if you would.. warm up the car for your sister?"

Rin: "We're not really sisters, but you know: we're bonded.."

And while Rin gets to asking around, Clark then frowned, trying to solve the riddle in his head regarding..

Clark: "Three puddings. Three. Three f[BLEEP]ing, sugar filled, sauce bathed, calorie dense puddings! And look at that t[BLEEP]! Just how can she be f[BLEEP]ing fit?! Her metabolism for sugar is just on a whole different level!!"

Still Grey
Pendulum
Hold Your Colour

To Candy she's behind the wheel of another racecar: an accurate way to describe what she initially thought.

full

However, laps later, she would have eyes widened and her blood pumping, akin to the days she rode in a 787B around.

Unsure of what to expect, her radio then receives..

Clark: "Come in, you little runt. Now.. give me a brief thought.."

Candy: "This thing is wild!"

He plays coy, remembering a woman similar to the one in the Ferrari..

Clark: "Is it, now? Cierra didn't think so."

Candy: "That's an insult, isn't it? That's so her to handle power like it was just a day in the office."

Clark: "How about you? Don't you have a taste of ample power levels?"

He's teasing, she thought, but she decided to just reply in a humble manner..

Candy: "Until I get in that LaFerrari of yours, what I say won't satisfy you."

Clark: "Don't play coy now, darling.. I'm sure my car pales in compare to whatever you've been exposed to in recent days.."

Candy: "Logical. The last time I was here.. I went around with a 787B."

Clark: "The real screamer.."

Although she's driving for her life in a less pressured manner, she then asks..

Candy: "Did you have plays in power before the.. you know?"

Clark: "Before? Not quite. But after.. well, I'm a f[BLEEP]ing mainstay of a once incredibly popular car program.. cars are never out of my reach for variety."

She didn't like that answer however..

Candy: "Hmmph.. lucky man. Keep it silent, please? I'm going to bring it real hard."

Clark: "This'll be good. Clark out."

Do you ever have high hopes for a car waiting to bite and try to maim you, and you can't do much else of it? This be that one car in a GT racing shape and form. But.. coming with this mindset, let the masochist in this mofo SPD spoil to y'all and say I'm thoroughly disappointed.

full

We'll have to hop on to some of the good the car offers. While it might not be a RWD coupe that has the advantage in longer straights, the Italia has a respectable everywhere else. Good launch, check. Good sharp handling, check, and for a car without a turbo, it has an acceleration profile that's mostly consistent, meaning you're okay putting it to the redline. This apparently is the way to get the car to its best behavior, as the issues for the car mainly lie in low to mid revs, with a torque peaking right in the middle, just shy of 5000 RPM. Shift late as you can, and you avoid that. Of course, you can't quite avoid that if you're racing somewhere with tight corners, which is nearly everywhere. It won't be good for fuel on the very very long run, and even if you strictly save fuel, you're have to note that torque bump, so be wary of that when not keeping this straight.

Not to mention it's definitely a pretty pretty car. No question that Ferrari knows how to make their car look and race good. So it wins in an aesthetic perspective. No wonder people took their issues driving this car to heart.. it's like a venus flytrap.

I'm sure everyone wants to know how do you spin a Ferrari that's been racing and winning GT races for 5 years.. that's easy. If in game physics are to speak for realism, the Italia GT3 has got to be handled by badasses. But anyone from Sport would know the Ferrari's mainly infamous for this rotating of the body, even coming to agree to see it as the king (or queen, I dunno) of the Group 3 pirouettes, thus the spinning memes. Like most low slung Group 3 cars, if you play with severe cases of undulations, you're going to let loose. The Ferrari too gets this, like with the Citroen or the NSX, but also not acting nicely when weight transfer is involved, ala the Peugeot VGT and the NSX again. You can say it also has power oversteer, but in Group 3, there is no super easy choice like AWD cars in Group 4. Plus that in all BOP levels, it gets a power nerf, meaning you want to focus more on what you can do other than play with the throttle. Said throttle is pure and raw, and you're not going to get the kick certain turbocharged Group 3 cars have.

A turbo is an interesting thought. That's what the Italia doesn't have that its successors do get. Turbos on Group 3 make it an extra worry that you have to manage the turbo's behaviour in the driving, which gladly the Italia doesn't get to go through. The use of a turbo's not all bad, as there are some turbocharged midships that have great throttle stability.. the RS01 and the Alfa Romeo come to mind. Then we have the other end of the spectrum, which for my example we go to where the 2 Volkswagens live at. Stability wise, the Ferrari is.. lively, but not so lively it's going to kill you when you put down the power. You will never feel like the car's going to give understeer, because you're worried that the opposite of that is what's going to happen instead. Though, if you're nervous of taking corners, just intend on bringing this car to high speed tracks without tough corners.

full

I made a meme on how much I hated Bathurst last week, but I'll wait another week to see if I can take that out. I'm just begging for that indifferent loser known as future SPD to start suggesting Goodwood again and reduce the chances of ever getting down there.

Covering the racing techniques, well.. short shifting is very 50-50: you can do it, but you risk locking up and going sideways, especially mid-corner, and that's needless to say a bad thing. In fact, I would highly advise against it, as the car's reasonable, non turbocharged power oversteer is minimal. And there's definitely some loss when you short shift. If you feel you can't quite get it balanced while cornering, some practice throttle braking can be a valauble thought. No, I'm not driving this thing with traction control: it never sits with me well with these Grouped cars. In fact, if you are going to do anything funny in the turns that involve the gearbox, do it without any sudden elevation or lower grip surface involved, as that's where the bad voodoo be happening, ya?

Tuning?
Did someone say.. restraining order for adding turbos, acceleration to 5, boosted initial torque and braking sensitivity to 20 at least, stiffer anti roll bars up front, more compression up front, tighter gears after 1st, when required boost rear downforce, change height and spring rate slowly with more to the front, make sure the numbers are not ridiculously separated between front and back, put brake balance to the front with a minimum of -1, and practice, practice, PRACTICE?
Whew, I don't know why I want to say all that with one breath.

full

Now, it's another Grouped car, so.. anyone considering signing with Ferrari? Anyone already seeing the Group 3 car are the ones telling you against it. If you don't mind the exceptional Group 4 car it has, the Group 3 car needs you to be more precise or pleasant with your everything, or you will suffer. If you're still afraid of the Italia, alternatives include Frenchies in Citroen and RenaultSport. The former having a similar offering in a dominant midships Group 4 car, while the latter has a more balanced selection. If you're afraid of French snorting, you can also opt for fellow Italian Alfa Romeo.. if you're into lightweight small bois that are slow on the straights, but incredible driver's cars which are easy to handle. Porsche is also on the table for a go-to choice with 2 excellent cars in its classes. Honda's on this gang too, only offering a more.. Asian way of saying you hate yourself and wantnalla to sbinalla.

I'm going with a little of a high note here: this car might be, as they say, the most difficult of the bunch to make good work of, but to say that is an impossible task is.. well, an impossibility. And not to mention how good of a feeling it is to be taking this car out to challenge the likes of some other more civilized choices, and telling everyone on track that you lived. Although, after ample amounts of driving time in this, I can say there exist much more difficult Group 3 cars. The Italia is definitely 4 out of 5 stars under the influence of my greasy palms (greased with antiseptic alcohol that is, yes I'm addicted to that stuff even before COVID came about).

With the Italia GT3, all you got to do is, as my inner Sundowner would say, give war a chance. Hey, while a battle is what you're doing internally within this to get it straight, with the recent BOP changes, at least it's not weak.

Speaking of weak..

Running into another traffic car, Candy though finds this one noteworthy, as she activates her communicator..

full

Candy: "Eh? Umm, come in, Clark?"

Clark: "Something the matter?"

full

Candy: "Nash is on track.. I had him driving this car in mind in the weekend, but.."

Clark: "Let me put it this way: if he's the f[BLEEP]ing brains today, my brother will gladly explain in due time. The data you gathered is splendid, by the way. Come in when you feel you're done. Out."

full

Candy: "He sounded glad.. I wonder how long that's going to last."

Thinking of being done for the day, Candy prepares to leave, but not before announcing it to the present Sim Gear gang.

However, just as she closes in to their set garages, groups of people stand outside instead of inside, prompting her to investigate.

And she puts out a sigh of relief seeing a man that might help out.

Candy: "Is something going on?"

Hayato: "Oh? Candy-chan?"

He looks down a little and sees her not feeling playful, as she asks.

Candy: "Something you need, Moto-san?"

Hayato: "No, not really. I know you're going to ask, because narrator-chan whispered it to my head.."

I'm going to make sure she doesn't remember that we're in cahoots, Moto-san.

Hayato: "Nyeeheehee.. where was I.. oh, it's the usual Jiji just trying to convince once again that his aniki's future is on the track, not purely on the streets. Usually it won't do anything, but it can be.. heated enough that the teams have to be put outside to prevent further misalignment.. of the bone, nyeeheehee.."

She's not so sure, but she remarks..

Candy: "I had a talk like this once.. just pure mention of his past sweetheart can help change his mind.."

Arriving as she spoke, Williem and The Guts then chimed in..

Williem: "Only that this time, Frau.. to say it will work again might not be a certainty. Isn't that so?"

He nods at a sluggish pace.

Hayato: "Nyeehh.. that's just annoying. Our dear Candy-chan only having a one trick pony.. don't you think so, Will-chan?"

Williem: "She's right here, Moto-san.."

Candy: "Despite that, he's right. I'd like to come in and say something, but I'm currently at a loss.."

Not realizing The Guts already had left, the man standing in his spot then spoke..

Jake Ross: "Loss, you say?"

While Clark and Jake usually were figures opposing each other, Candy thought them to be somewhat similar, as she looks up to him.

But instead, she asks of..

Candy: "Up and rested, are you?"

Jake Ross: "And would you believe coming in at the right time? Come with me, little lady."

Candy: "Ummm.. alright!"

As they split, Jacob turned back and requests from the German cool guy..

Jake Ross: "Keep the gates secure. Let's get the riff raff at a minimum."

Williem: "Ja, ja, you're the boss, Herr Ross."

And he then turns back again and heads in.

Candy, while following, then notices the same package from earlier on hand.

Candy: "So.. what's in the box?"

Jake Ross: "Hmm.. perhaps it's relevant now. Recognize this?"

He opens the wrapped box to unfurl a tablet, but for Candy, it's not just any regular tablet you can buy online..

Candy: "It's one of those Prophecy tablets.. and.. I.."

Jake Ross: "..Not from Murph.. but.. you will wanna see how this turns out, trust me."

As they enter, the garage might be in a less than ideal condition, while the car remains spotless.

The brothers, arguing like they usually do in regards to the reason, then notices the people entering without resistance.

Clark: "Oh, what's this, brother? The f[BLEEP]ing backup?!"

Nash: "Ross? What are you up to now, you muppet?"

He remains his composure, as he remarks with a hint of snark..

Jake Ross: "There ain't no concoctions or chemical warfare up and about from me, but I know the air here stinks.. I aim to clear it up. Here."

Tossing the tablet like a cheesy movie, Clark then catches it, recognizing..

Clark: "How.. did you get this?"

And just like any cheesy movie, it then plays a sound at the perfect time.

Nash reaffirms, asking..

Nash: "That's coming from the tablet?"

Jake Ross: "I reckon you better answer that."

Knowing his own organization's own tools, he scrolls the screen elements, responding to the mystery caller.

Clark: "Humph. Who's this?"

Not expecting anything good, the woman making the call speaks..

Cierra: "M-Mister Messiah, sir!"

Clark: "Cierra!"

Candy: "W-what?!"

The thick uneasiness then wanes as Clark looks at the tablet, seeing Cierra on the other side.

Clark: "My dear.. Chosen.. are you alright?"

Cierra: "I'm.. I'm fine! Yes.. umm.. before you worry or whatever.. th-these people are doing me a solid!"

Clark: "Good.. good to hear that."

Seeing it unfold, Nash notes to his apprentice..

Nash: "Well.. now we know your connection with those punks have some meaning."

Jake Ross: "Smuggling that around wasn't easy.. had some help from.. I'd rather not say."

Then it's Candy's turn..

Candy: "This is all Cierra's idea, isn't it?"

Jake Ross: "Yup. She's been trying to get ahold of me for weeks, not mistaking.. I deduce Luce has something to do with it."

They then watch the conversation carry on..

Cierra: "I know you want to see us. but.. me and Lulu.. we have a race.. in Road Atlanta. Same time as you guys a-are having your grand prix!"

Clark: "America's a tad far away.."

Feeling he's needed, Jacob walked in and added..

Jake Ross: "Atlanta? I know a guy racing with you.. Wilde, racing for Suzuki."

Clark, unsure how to act, then asks..

Clark: "Tell me then.. is this what you wanted? Us apart.."

He sees her nervously holding back, tears then getting involved.

His expectations of her still high, Clark pushes the limits..

Clark: "No more silence, Cierra. I don't admit to anyone I'm treating you like my own.. But now.."

She began to weep, but refused to look weak from the man that nurtured her adult life, shouting..

Cierra: "I-I-I UNDERSTAND MISTER MESSIAH SIRR!"

Candy: "Volume, Cierra.."

As she rubs away her face, she answered back..

Cierra: "I feel I belonged.. really! In The Prophecy! In here too! W-with a team, I-I.."

Clark: "That's more than enough. You're happy. I can cope with that, CANDY.."

That sudden rage fuelled name drop got her ready to escape, but she struggled to retain..

Candy: "Uhh.. (he's going to lash out on me, is he?)"

Cierra: "I'm.. umm.. sorry for leaving so sudden. I had to find Lulu. I.. never knew that without her I wouldn't be complete."

The ternion needs to come back, she thought, but Candy too chimed in on the situation..

Candy: "Cierra.. I'm.. right there with you. Just that.. I don't want any more with Augur than I already did!"

Miffed at her involvment, Clark moves her aside and speaks..

Clark: "For completeness sake.. do know you're always welcome back in The Prophecy, no matter how bleak your new career looks."

Nash: "Bleak? Brother, I doubt that's what she's getting into."

Cierra: "Roger that.. I better sign off before.. they find out. Anything else?"

Pulling her back in, Clark then spoke, softly..

Clark: "No. You're an adult now.. do what you want. Don't be shy to call me, the Count, or Gary even. And you better apologize to Candy."

Cierra: "R-right! I'm sorry! I'll take care of Lulu. For us!"

Candy: "When's the next time we tussle, Cierra? I want it with all three of us the next time!"

Cierra: "A-a-if only.. well, no promises.. byeee!"

The tablet's call ends, which Clark tosses back to Jacob..

Clark: "Well, I didn't want that. But you all know I needed it."

Jake Ross: "You're welcome."

But while it was a moment of bliss, his violent streak kicked in, frustrated for reasons still unknown.

He started tossing more things around, while aware the car's still there.

Clark: "URGHH!! Damn it all. If Gary was here, he'd get a face full of fist! If not this Fowler Boys crap with The Cinderella, I would've handle Augur like they would like to handle my precious little wonder!"

The two men then notice Candy step up..

Candy: "Well.. what are you waiting for?"

Clark: "Tch.."

Nash had to stop his brother he thought, but Jacob halted him with a swing of his arm.

Nash: "Ohh?"

Candy: "I.. thought I'd be a good punching bag for you.. so.. if you please?"

He respects women, but being as she requested this personally, he didn't abstain.

She felt a fist coming in, eyes closed, expecting a sharp pain coming in.

But as it was to come, it stopped, just by a breath's range.

Clark: "No."

Candy: "N-no?! (He pulled it THIS close?)"

He came close, and instead leaned down..

Clark: "If I landed so much as a single smudge on to your lovely little face, I'd already lose myself. Now.. no more being a scaredy cat, Miss Lam. I have been, as you'd like it too, convinced."

Upon hearing that, Candy's emotional baggage on Clark Kayne has, strangely, floated away.

Relieved, she then sees him continue..

Clark: "Should I even hit you, you find yourself an excuse to not be racing this weekend, let alone any of you. Which would be a f[BLEEP]ing pity."

The white haired legend didn't take long to figure out..

Nash: "Am I.. seeing some development?"

Clark: "Like what I saw with Cierra.. I have to move on, brother. You know that. They know that. But when I f[BLEEP]ing move on, I have to take the f[BLEEP]ing first step. It's been more than 10 years."

His rage quelled, he finds motivation flooding in..

Clark: "And I wish to take it as the true me. Not Clark Kayne, the Messiah, but as.. Maximus Davies.. host of Sim Gear, going into our first ever sponsored GT event."

Unexpectedly, Nash's mission also came to a success, as he celebrates.

Nash: "Oh, verily so.. I'm.. I'm shocked! So shocked, I could weep.. If only Alan wasn't on holiday to see this: you, me, Guts.. on the track!"

Reminded of the old man, he replies to his brother with confidence.

Clark: "Don't leave the geezer out, brother! Let's take him back in."

Nash: "Right! I suppose you're right.. He too has a want to join our cause.. I need a manufacturer.. any suggestions?"

Jacob then came close and noted..

Jake Ross: "How about Hyundai? They got me a nice V6.. nearly took their offer, and trust me: they're desperate for racers."

Remembering The Guts and his Genesis, Nash couldn't find anything against this idea by himself, asking..

Nash: "I'm afraid there isn't anyone that can testify to this?"

Candy: "Not this time."

Jake Ross: "Sophia would. But.."

Remembering the former ambassador of a certain tamed racing animal, Nash then thought..

Nash: "Sophia would.. that's dodgy.."

Clark: "We can.. try to use it as leverage should she come crawling back."

His brother's wisdom once again at play, he obliges to the logic..

Nash: "Alright. But anything out of the ordinary, and I'll have to pull it."

Clark though has had enough of the crowd..

Clark: "Well? I say we're settled. You two are dismissed."

The two outsiders start to exit, but not without some praises of their own.

Candy: "Talk about amazing! Wait till big sis hears of this!"

Jake Ross: "I wonder if they'll see hints of The Messiah's greatness finally on the legal world.. All thanks to us."

Candy: "Nonsense! It's your doing! I was in it for the ride, that's all."

Nash and Clark, brothers of a Mythic declaration, then looked outside..

Nash: "What? We let them go without thanking them?"

Clark: "Not in front of them, no. F[BLEEP] this act of grateful mercy. But you know me enough that I appreciate their efforts. I'll let Rin know. Promise."

2 days later.jpg

Still Grey
Pendulum
Hold Your Colour

full

With perfect weather conditions, and the qualifying sessions settled in past days, the race rumbles on.

full

What's not expected is the amount of action all over the grid, with a Japanese Super Formula hotshot once again butting heads with a Nurburgring track master at the mid pack.

full

Not much further ahead comes a pair of women etching their name strong into the sport..

full

And up at front..

full

The tamed racing animal pounces his way to the lead as usual, but not without some challenge from the man secretly known as The Messiah.

full

Being the man that brought the world the ego centered Sonny Meng to the racetracks, the on track revival of Maximus Davies gave him ample reason for him to show the world he's not washed up, and what better message can that come as he would make a daring overtake.

full

Never happier, Nash watches this change of heart personally..

Nash: "Putting to shame the champion in his debut GT race. Brother.. you planned on a strong, veritable first impression, eh?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought with this anomalous unwieldy handling profile, how the heck could it win races? How could it inspire a future generation of Ferrari GT race cars that's been melded from its shape?

The fact that it works, and is the mainstay Ferrari to look back towards for this shows how significant this has been in the long run. Among nearly all the Group 3 choices, it's the one that aims to ensure you're ready to encounter Sans in a Genocide run: ridiculously tough, but with a bit of know how, is completely workable.

However, is it a Sleeper?

I don't think so. This is the car that's bringing a highly renowned brand at this level of competition for a period of time? It's a race car with race winning pedigree. And I can feel that, no doubt. Very solid Neutral, and I'm unsure if this can be done with some of the real life examples of Group 3 cars.

Let's talk about how I'm going to nominate the Alfa Romeo 4C Group 3 car in the future, and how you too can re-enact the legend, the myth, and the absolute carnage that is me suffering through Week 34 once again. Is it going to be me trying to sneak this car in every week? Well, past SPD.. there's an idea..

Like last week, there are members of the roster that SHOULD be here, but aren't.

I keep telling myself: SPD, you need to only develop and revolve the story around Candy, not anyone else. I'm really bad at this.

And then I'm probably starting to notice a favored bunch of the roster now.. I'll try to diversify next week. Whatever car next week is, umm.. I'm going to use a random wheel for this..

spd uses a name wheel.jpg

I'm going to have Ayumi bring the energy. Which intrigues me: she and her new hubby hasn't appeared since Mazda Month.

If you want to guess who I really was rooting to write with next week, I think it's more interesting if you just guess.

As the main character, Candy Lam is bound to appear in every segment, be it either as the lead role, or as a small mention.

The infamous Sweet Toothed Lone Wolf of Asia, or known worldwide as Le Glace Pacer. While her social presence is significantly poor, her presence on the track hasn't been short of perfection, now under the pressures of being a monetary source of higher powers, as well as her role being the most prime form of woman racers.. But don't let her hear that.

Theme Song: Def Leppard - Bad Actress
Racing Duel Music: Def Leppard - Nine Lives
Nationality: Hong Kongese
Current occupation: Professional racecar driver
Distinct features: Long, clean, straight ashen hair tied to a ponytail via traditional red braids. A stiff, stoic Asian beauty that starts to show sign of wrinkling, covered by heavy layers of makeup. Thin, rounded diamond face, with various beauty signs of it being worked on unnaturally, especially her unblemished small snub nose, heavily lipsticked mouth and thin brown Asian eyes. Short body with small proportions.
Choice of clothing: Typical modern glossy sleveless Hong Kong dress, but 90% she will have her favorite on, that's in blood red with a white bauhinia pattern on, with matching sandals. Most of her clothes and themes come in red or white.
Cars: Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High Performance", MINI Cooper S, Honda NSX Type R '02, Mazda Demio XD Touring

Even though she's a proud Hong Kongese, Candy is actually born in high society Tokyo, and more exposed to living in a usual Japanese lifestyle. An only child, it was easy to find herself spoiled rotten from a young age, getting what she wants and not caring how it got there, thanks to wealth she inherits strongly. Her father notably was an executive in Toyota's racing division.

A target in her younger ages, Candy's early life was full of trouble from others that are against her being a Hong Kong native in Japan. She never made any friends as a result, and this loner habit of hers remained even after changing schools, going so far to even give her a new alias. While her parents have a strong standing in the society she lived in, she remained in their shadow, because she couldn't find comfort out of it.

Upon reaching her adult days, Candy's first 'milestone' would come when an incident in a high class event caused her to run, leading to a manic police car chase spanning several weeks before she was arrested. The victim of these events would have deep ties with various Yakuza families. While her parents retreated to Hong Kong, Candy stayed in Japanese prison, learning that if nothing needs to come her way, she needs to learn something she initially dreaded to do: manipulate the human mind, a state of thought she was once a victim of.

After her sentence, she regained her freedom, and it didn't take long that was noticed by the city's largest street racing community. Still with her inherited wealth, she started off strong in the streets. Years then pass, in which she eventually proves herself as a top competitor for racing in many top endurance races worldwide.

While her fans are out there in many parts around for being a woman dominating a man's sport, she's not exactly a great social interactor, and is a nobody outside the racing community. With many questions still left unanswered, maybe there are more ulterior motives with the unsanctioned blue MINI project..

Tech savvy geek with a forte in extreme sports. While her chaotic nature always gets her into situations unwanted, her overall innocent and kind upbringing gets her to be responsible of being the only one capable of lighting up the complete darkness in her husband's inner struggles for a final identity.

Theme Song: Muse - Guiding Light
Racing Duel Music: Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?
Nationality: Japanese
Current occupation: Interpol special operative
Distinct features: Medium, layered bob burgundy hair. Athletic, slightly wide diamond face. Brown hooded eyes, thin almond nose and a small mouth. A natural beauty with a small layer of makeup that exists only to hide her eyebags. Thin profile with an average height, and above average proportions.
Choice of clothing: Always wears a bespoke pair of sporty earphones. Never with a distinct fashion style due to her clinging as a master of disguise, even though she's more of a master of imitation. Most of a time she's with a sporty crop top, denim skirt with tight sporty arm socks, leggings and sports shoes.
Cars: Lexus LFA, Lexus RC F, Daihatsu Copen

Rin started off life in Tochigi. Not even years in, she has been diagnosed with a minor mental defect which hampered her thought processes. While it didn't get in the way of her everyday living, it prompted her parents to remain her a single child. It did get her to do the occasional odd and unusual behaviour. Aspiring to be the family's model child, she didn't let her setbacks bring her down. A top grading student with impressive feats in athleticism, and to remain incredibly pretty; you can say all these good things about her, it's supposedly impossible.

With her mother, love was unconditional, but her father seems held back. Further on in her teen life, she would find out aside his day job that he's a well known, on and off street racer. The relationship would sour further, but that changed in the aftermath of when she decided it's time to see if she can do better. Acing her driver's test was one thing, but immediately sneaking out and winning a Clubman Cup event in Motegi was the next.

Rin would head to the UK instead of local institutes for higher education, but it was a guise as her father wanted to protect her from local troubles stirred by his actions. Away from home, this would be a pivotal era for her development. An old friend became her starting point in racing. She would meet certain individuals, including her husband to be. But also came a criminal group that wanted to exploit her near perfect genetics, with these events causing mental damage, and giving way to her chaotic shifts in mood.

She would make her escape in marriage, prompting her to stay in California. The paranoia didn't stop there. On the first chance she could, she started working as a police officer, even deciding to adopt identities and learn imitation. But her fears did arrive. They staged an accident, and before she got taken away, she escaped, leaving everything behind for a long 7 years. This time was used for her to anonymously hone her racing to a whole new high, protected by Interpol.

And gladly, that time is over. But a lot has changed. Most importantly: her father has died. Initially succeeding him by joining FIA GT racing, she failed to inquire an investigation on how he left a legacy behind in the form of Candy..

They said if there was a God in the worldwide street racing scene, Jacob Ross' moniker as The Outlaw was the very thing He and anyone else in said scene would be unequivocally afraid of.

Theme Song: Metallica - Disposable Heroes (Remastered)
Racing Duel Music: Gary Numan - I Am Dust
Nationality: American
Current occupation: Rookie racer, in guise of his top street racer moniker
Distinct features: Balding marked, medium swept up brown hair. Roughened up with a few cut scars, but smooth, thin chiseled, and somewhat attractive diamond face. Aggressive, azure down turned eyes, thick grecian nose and serious, semi-thick lips. Tall build, with a fit build carrying developed muscles. Those muscles would artificially expand further when he becomes The Outlaw.
Choice of clothing: Black is the name of the game, usually with a custom tailored suit vest under a dark long wool jacket. Never seen without a black bespoke pinch front cowboy hat, with an engraving: 'Oderint dum metuant'. As The Outlaw, he would add on a thick special bulletproof attire, and a breathing apparatus that steams out an unusual drug should he need it.
Cars: Ford GT '06, Ford Mustang Boss 429, Ford Mustang Gr. 3 Road Car (as The Outlaw)

As the firstborn of a rich Californian racing legend, racing was definitely in his blood and Jacob had that opportunity for succeeding his father, joyous and determined this is the future for him.

But in his youth, something happened to his young psyche, and to say it changed him would seriously put it mildly.

The details remain sketchy, and it remained a sensitive topic within his family even to today. It drove a wedge between him and his parents far enough that he wouldn't be the same after his teens. These events harbors the influence of him becoming a fearless, serious somber man with said fear as a weapon of his own.

Now that the weight of succession is beared to someone else, Jacob carved his own destiny. Mixing his passions of the past with his more darkened methods, he toughed through the many grueling years to become the self proclaimed, undisputed fastest street racer of the US, through being a founding member of The List, aliased as The Outlaw: a drug enhanced, nigh unbeatable driver with a penchant for deceit, destruction, disrespect and fire, usually all combined. It's said that there are unspeakable tales of terror that happens to those who oppose The Outlaw: the identity he protects dearly, so much that over time, he's developed a vengeance to those that threaten this visage and those close to him.

Eventually, he married someone: a youthful Japanese girl who would be the greatest ray of sunshine he could ever get. But even that was a marriage that wouldn't last, as both became a target from greater powers. After a long 7 years, that threat now extinguished, he resumed the bumpy, happy life, hoping to outrun the past he knew wouldn't catch up. These days, Jacob has recently registered as a rookie FIA racer, with initial plans in his head saying to take it slow. All seems dandy, until certain events including the rise of his wife's old enemies resurface, enveloping him in the darkness where he then believes is the only place he belongs.

And if his fans and followers are familiar with his talents that developed his legacy, know that his history with a clenching darkness has caught up to him. It's unsure whether his known heroic side has fallen, merged, or even co-exists with his persevering dark side.

Some say he has an unmistakeable alternate take on the origins of shoelaces, and that he's campaigning a drive to ensure mandatory use of condoms outside of pleasure. All we know is.. he might be a parody of something more legendary, but he sure is one racing animal.

Theme Song: Finger Eleven - Gods of Speed
Racing Duel Music: Celldweller - Unshakeable (BT & SeamlessR remix)
Nationality: oh crap
Current occupation: Speed
Distinct features: Has no hair, and has a mildly chiseled face of a.. unknown if it's Caucasian or Asian look and skin tone. Sharp wide brown eyes, thick grecian nose and unpronounced mouth. Hard to say under his clothing, but its speculated he has a well built body with developed muscles.
Choice of clothing: His signature racing helmet is always on him, but very rarely can be seen without it. Aside from that, he wears whatever the situation desires, usually in shades of carbon black.
Cars: Genesis G70 3.3T, Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo, Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo Group 1

A mute, socially awkward man of unknown origin and information. All the people know about him is his mythical exploits on the track, being one of the fastest beings on the planet behind any type of car. Not knowing where he came from, some say he was a child of a sinister experiment gone bad. Others say he's the resurrected spirit of a legendary racing driver and brought to the world to show how it's done.

Whatever naysay is related, The Guts' unequal presence on the track is by far the single most dominant feeling of 'Nobody but him is winning this race', and with the rise of talents behind his flag, it's been a proven fact. Usually followed by an ambassador to help communicate, The Guts only speaks through body language, or occasionally with sign language. And if those don't work, he often snatches smartphones and somehow get away with it.

Now under the British car show Sim Gear, The Guts non-racing days have been all about testing cars and showing his ego. But some time ago, since the show's discontinuation, there have been rumors of The Guts being related to The List, but not even group veterans and founders aside the big boss can prove this. Although, the indirect proof of his signature Genesis G70 winning top level street races with his name on it has been circulating.

Fourth wall breaking fan favorite racer of the current Super Formula era, Hayato's achievements haze the many dilemmas and twists he's found himself in. A former Yakuza enforcer that doubles as an just as silent and swift ninja wannabe with a unfavorable young personality to back up his race track talents.

Theme Song: The Crystal Method - Play For Real (feat. The Heavy)
Racing Duel Music: The Crystal Method - Play For Real (feat. The Heavy, Dirtyphonics Remix)
Nationality: Half Japanese, half Brazilian
Current occupation: Race car driver
Distinct features: Dyed dark purple hair in the shape of a ponytail. Wide, diamond shaped face with pale skin. White tinted eye contacts, flat thin nose and a slim mouth exhuming a dangerous smirk. Average height, slightly thin build. Heavily tattooed body due to his past within the yakuza.
Choice of clothing: Dark colored, and always covering his skin. Commonly wears trendy clothing, nowaday's its a designer sweater hoodie with 3 quarter denim pants, tall shoes and a belt. Never seen without his traditional made ornamental katana and its sheath behind, presumed a fake to just about anyone who don't investigate.
Cars: Honda NSX, KTM X-BOW R

History was shady, but first records show Hayato was born in Nagoya with a mixed Japanese Brazilian bloodline. Notably, his family carries strong ties to the shinobi warriors of Sengoku Japan, giving him an idea on what kind of person he was going to grow as. However, he was a rebellious soul who could hardly get anything going in curriculum. That journey as a ninja would have to wait until one day, he would personally go on a journey to retrieve an old relic hidden in a deathtrap shaped like a home. He might have succeeded, but the problems started. Said relic was a priceless katana, and word got out, his family and clan were slain or went missing, including his family, who had an abrupt but heartfelt goodbye, not knowing where to go.

After reaching adulthood, Hayato made his way through life with a girl he met. It was thanks to her he got involved in Yakuza affairs, being the sole daughter of a top family enforcer. He would learn their ways, brandish their stripes and worked his way up the ladder. On the side, he applied for a junior Red Bull course in racing, again because his girlfriend said so. That eventually grew as he was noticed by two important individuals: an infamous street racing delinquent, and the head of the multi million organization known as the Kirkham Foundation. With their offers, Hayato had a new goal: to be deemed an icon, as someone significant.

Years pass, and Hayato leaned back to the criminal element strong. But as he grew in strength, that went to the test as the family he served was the same one that terrorized his teenage days. As his connections to the relic he used came to light, blood flooded rivers as he fought his way up to get the answers he needed. All was said and done, but one final test remained: the woman that lived with him all those years pledged her allegiance against him, and in a final struggle, he cut her where she stood. Past all the heartbreak, he would remember her by selling the relic katana to the government, then having a master blacksmith forge a whole new sword: the same one he carries at all times on his back. He branded the sword as 'Yoko': the girl he lived with all his adult life til then.

Now with those bloody ties severed, Hayato stands now a strong contender for the Honda Racing Corporation. While his focus lies on Super Formula nowadays, he's been seen testing out Honda's Group 3 division. And there's a good chance he might be travelling the world, eager to be showing his honed racing skills.

Just like a being that fell from the sky, Cierra brings herself as The Prophecy's unwanted deus ex machina that can do anything.. if her extremely timid self won't hold it back.

Theme Song: Journey - Wheel in The Sky
Racing Duel Music: Pendulum - Witchcraft (Pegboard Nerds remix)
Nationality: American
Current occupation: Racing mechanic
Distinct features: Medium, straight brown hair. Sharp and short triangular face with a just as sharp chin. Narrow green eyes around a thin but pointy nose above a slightly thick, but narrow mouth. Small patches of oil can be seen under her brown eyes. While adult, still retains a teenage look in most of her facial features. Average height, skinny body with regular caucasian skin.
Choice of clothing: Always with her signature blue beret. Her clothes vary, but usually consists of a cropped jacket over a tight undershirt, tight skinny jeans, and leather slippers. Can also be seen wearing a mechanic's getup.
Cars: Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, Dodge Coronet Super Bee

Hailing from San Francisco, Cierra's personal history has been unremarkably blank, until she picked up a spanner from a local chop shop that raised her as one of their own. The shop allowed her to get exposure to her passions as a car mechanic, also earning said staff as a family to lean towards. Slowly but surely, she would earn a reputation modifying cars to be street race ready in a short period of time. Over time, she gains an understanding on what to do if a car needs to drift, grip, drag, or just even lay low on the pavement with lamps all around.

While her social skills remain an all time low due to her timid soul, her ever growing skills in developing and maintaining top levels of performance at a young age manages her to receive scholarships for special tutoring from various manufacturers around the world. From experimental American machines, European supercars, to the domestic powerhouse in Toyota, there's very little in the car she doesn't understand.

Cierra also received the lovely perk of testing out cars from the chop shop just as soon as she reached her sweet sixteens. This skill would work out well for police evasion and warrant issues she piled up. It's unknown how she manages her way in and out of San Francisco with a warrant for her constantly present in the California area alone, but sightings of her in Toyoda would be the last anyone's heard of her in the public.

Her latest caper has her ousted from her home turf, and somehow end up in London, where she becomes another of the Chosen: The Messiah's chosen racers for him to mentor.

An intelligent man who's anger led to better things than just mental help. This figure would be the self recognized leader of the most exclusive and feared street racers within Europe: The Prophecy.

Theme Song: Avenged Sevenfold - Unbound (The Wild Ride)
Racing Duel Music: Slayer - Raining Blood
Nationality: Welsh
Current occupation: If not a fanatically themed cult leader, a car show host
Distinct features: Short red hair over a short, rounded diamond face. Sharp green eyes, with a hint of red in the whites, as if fury's always present. Tearful eyes, thin nose and small mouth. Average build and height with bright skin, but with a more noticeable muscle built upper body.
Choice of clothing: Top of the line branded clothes and accessories, but nothing out of the quintessential British fashion, including a newsboy cap, long multi layered skin covered articles of fancy fashion, and climbing boots.
Cars: LaFerrari, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary, Ferrari F430, Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2

Real name: Maximus Davies. Clark Kayne is merely an alias for this Cardiff born orphan. After his abusive family's demise by his hand personally, he was raised in Manchester, and thus met an important figurehead for his life onward: the sole successor of the Kirkham Foundation, who would end up being a legendary 90's era racing youth, and his beloved brother for life.

Nowadays, he's mainly known as the only, then one of the three hosts in slowly uprising car show Sim Gear. But his real portfolio would be as the sole individual that leads The Prophecy: a London based street crew that houses strict teachings and top end performance car culture, once the sole governing entity that dominates all of the UK's street racing.

While a bit of a pugilist, has a bit of a temper and enjoys violence on a minor scale, Clark possesses a great IQ level, and strategizes often for the next move. Aside writing gospels for his exclusive club, Clark finds himself credited for writing scripts and scenarios for Sim Gear, as well as carrying it initially as the sole figurehead while the studio was still getting started.

Also with a leaning towards illegally obtained Ferraris, Clark has the talent to handle whatever car he can reach forth, infamous for running the V12 Hybrid trinity LaFerrari on the roads without incident. Despite this, his racing talents shine only away from the track, due to a past incident he won't let go from that cost him his reputation and potential partner for life.

Once a youthful, late 90s racing powerhouse with family fortunes secured his good life as the strategic and composed mastermind behind the Kirkham Foundation of Medical Sciences. This Manchester native is settled for many lives worth of riches, racing world influence and overall standing in his many fields, but he requires the help of a few worthy others to achieve the goal of housing the fastest racers on the planet.

Theme Song: Coldplay - White Shadows, Coldplay - Paradise (Epic Orchestral Cover by Carl Abelgas & its_draconix)
Racing Duel Music: Electric Lights Orchestra - Prologue + Twilight
Nationality: British
Current occupation: Corporate director
Distinct features: Medium sized, clean cut straight grey hair with white edges. Wide oblong oval face, with hints of wrinkling. Thick narrow nubian nose with often dried out mouth of average size. Slightly tall, very fit build covered by strongly pale skin.
Choice of clothing: No real preference outside of what's British. Functional is what matters. He's often with designer clothing that make him look and feel youthful, such as a puffy jacket over shirt and jeans, bright tracksuits and if anything is formal, it's brightly colored.
Cars: McLaren F1, Abarth 500

Nash was birthed in his current home turf of Manchester. A rich upper classman of Whalley Range, Nash might be born with wealth on his pocket from day 1 due to his father's role as the figurehead of long time pharmaceutical megacompany: the Kirkham Foundation. But he wasn't quite blessed in other ways. His mother passed from childbirth, and his father's not long for the world with a terminal illness. With connected family unwilling to support this dying cause, Nash was left with the family fortune from age 10. However, his father's advice never left him: he's to only trust himself, and never to let anyone give them a chance to take away the family riches.

With that advice in mind, he's left his lofty life of a giant mansion with servants on every whim to enroll himself to the best, with loyal corporate figures acting as his legal guardians, ensuring he would come up to grow as the future of the company. His trust issues would plague him until he would scuffle with a boy who would grow up to be the UK's street racing pioneer known as The Messiah. Said boy would change Nash for the better, being the first person he would open to, and declare as his brother: a role still going strong today. His bitterness towards others would end, as this period of comforting his always angry brother would give way to Nash's overall kind spiritedness coming out.

Reaching adulthood, Nash balanced out his new role as the Foundation director with the life he yearned to find, and he looked hard. Upon suggestion by his brother was track racing, and while his brother was unfortunate, Nash went on to be a GT racing icon after his debut years, meeting many others in this career. But the good times never last, as he was diagnosed by a rare form of albinism that caused his body to age quicker than usual. While his foundation went far to develop a cure, nothing fruitful arose. His undying dedication to this cure had him hit the books, so hard that it earned him great honors in medical sciences and economics. As he would take on an American protege to give his racing wisdom, he's uncertain of his fate, and adopted a successor to give down his company due to an old friend's promise.

These days, Nash's undiagnosed condition prevents him from racing in his name, despite being in peak physical form, but he's usually out and about racing various top racing fields as the Mysterious NZ. And if he's not co-hosting Sim Gear with his brother, he's scheming away his latest big dedicated project known as the Mythic Initiative. Now with six in tow, he's hoping to rid the discord caused by his own protege entering a dark chapter, hoping that the choice never has to come..

A fan favorite cool cat with a renowned row of accolades for racing street legal machinery. Now expanding his horizons as a member of infamous racing club The List, Williem hopes to bring his long running expertise of the most infamous toll road out to the more savage wilderness that is street racing.

Theme Song: R.E.M. - Talk About The Passion
Racing Duel Music: R.E.M. - Orange Crush
Nationality: German
Current occupation: Street car racer
Distinct features: Mid-long, curled light accented blonde hair. Thick diamond shaped face with slender cheeks and a rough chin, giving a handsome flair. Narrow eyes, thin down pointed nose, and narrow mouth. Teeth show signs it's being worked on externally, and face is artificially clear of any blemishes. Average to tall height, with semi thin body frame.
Choice of clothing: Always wearing a casual motorsports getup, consisting of a turtleneck shirt under a sporty jacket, matching sports pants and shoes. 90% of the time it will be branded with Audi or the Nurburgring.
Cars: Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 4.2, Audi TTS (Type 8J)

Williem came into the world as one of the two children of a well known Nurburgring specialist family hailed from Eifel. Having exposed into the racing at an early age, Williem has his daily life mixed with both racing and education. While a struggle, this allowed Williem to take things calm, cool and methodically; a mantra he lives by to this day.

A fan of 80's rock, Williem takes greatly into their cool nature and also dabbled into music, adapting in and out from playing the bass, synth keyboard, to taking the wheel of a race worthy Porsche in the early 2000s. Giving his life into succeeding the family name in this sport, he too wants his other sibling: a rage inducing little prodigy into this field. But as he learned to consider the feelings of others, Williem would take her around with his side hustle as a Nurburgring taxi driver, realizing that this is his true calling, not racing.

Eventually befriending a hot headed Spanish superstar upon adulthood, Williem would make use of his talents to be a prime car tester around various locales, especially the Nurburgring. Once hosting their yearly street racing tournament, Williem aligned slowly, as he should, into the competitive side of driving. A fan favorite fixture of the Supercar Festival events, he's made a few well known rivals in his day he's yet to best, which are a lightweight specializing French aristocrat, and an overegotistical man known as the Asian-American Badass.

Now in a relationship with a Russian known as the Queen, Williem was then persuaded to join her sister's good friend: a dark cowboy, into the leagues of street racing, with high hopes as a sleeper newcomer to the cream of the crop of US based street crews.

Me personally, I've never understood the point of adding new Gr.3 and Gr.4 racing cars to brands that already have representation in said categories, because the moment that happens, the old, perfectly serviceable racecar of the same manufacturer gets bopped out of contention by "Balance" of Performance to encourage players into the newer machine. We've seen it happen when the Supra Racing Concept replaced the FT-1 VGT, when the RX-Vision GT3 replaced the Atenza Gr.3, and we continue to see it with the BRZ GT300 replacing the WRX Gr.3 and the 2013 GT-R GT3 being a complete disaster to drive in comparison to the 2018 GT-R GT3, just to name a few examples. There's always an indisputable, objectively "better" car to be in among the choices offered by a manufacturer that offers more than one car in any given category, and not being in that car inadvertently has the effect of making one's racing suit look like that of a clown's.
Ok, I should point out that there are exceptions to the ‘one car beats all other peers in its Manufacturer’s lineup for a given category, period’.

The WRX was very competitive in the Manufacturer Deep Forest race last week, its power-focused approach allowing it to excel on DF where the BRZ’s downforce-focused approach would have floundered. Ford drivers heading to Bathurst would have more luck bringing an FR Mustang instead of trying to play a demented form of Twister downhill with any of the MR GTs. And anyone that cannot handle or maximise the potential of the ‘mainline’ cars can run the ‘secondary’ cars instead.

That being said, it is generally true that the newer cars (in terms of the car’s age, not when it was first added to GTS/GT7) tend to get more favourable BoPs than older cars. I have yet to find a situation where the utterly crippled F1 GTR Shorttail beats the 650S GT3 due to the F1 getting nerfed into the ground to avoid P2W accusations by virtue of being a Legends car AND being the most expensive car in Gr.3. I have also never seen anyone ever bring the RC F Prototype to a GTWS race in A or A+. And the Nissan Skyline Silhouette was DOA despite having the best power/weight ratio in Gr.3 because dethroning the F1 GTR as the oldest car in class also meant having antiquated aerodynamics and turbo lag that requires sending 2 weeks notice before accelerating out of slow corners.

And then there was the inverse situation with the Alfa 155, which was one of the 4WD triumvirate that dominated Gr.4 for the latter half of GT7’s first year, bringing an acceleration/handling approach to the WRX’s balanced and GT-R’s power based approaches. And there were exactly two Gr.4 championship races during that period where another car could match or beat the 4WD triumvirate: a Nations Deep Forest race with tyre wear severe enough to allow the Silvia TC (sacrificing 2-3 tenths per lap in exchange for being significantly easier on tyres) to fight the 155 and WRX and a Manufacturer Road Atlanta fuel saving race that revealed the Huracan to be utterly broken in fuel saving.

And the Silvia itself was another exception to the new>old convention after the GT-R and its 4WD triumvirate peers were finally nerfed, becoming the new meta Gr.4 car with only the Ferrari 458 and Jaguar F-Type being able to keep up.

Last edited:
Here are the results of last week's Special Challenges! Yes, plural!

"The Longest Yard" TT:

XSquareStickIt2:05.971
Baron Blitz Red2:05.575
Yard_Sale2:04.490
Vic_Reign932:04.316

"Do You Even Drift" TT:

XSquareStickIt2:48.34x
Vic_Reign932:46.88x

Damn Vic, I know I was encouraging participation all week long, but calm down! :lol: Big congrats to you, and thanks to everyone for throwing their hat in! It was super fun trying to chase the times you guys set!

@McClarenDesign has been streaming most of the past few Tuesday lobbies to his YouTube channel, and for his amazing contribution, he's been given the choice for the next Car of the Week! The long–time F1 fanatic has chosen the oldest F1 car in the series to date, the Honda RA272 '65!

Gran Turismo® 7_20240520182319.png

McClarenDesign​

Let's go with the '65 Honda RA272. Cause the sex was safe and the racing was dangerous. And anything can happen in F1, and it usually does.
1965 was the last season of F1's "1.5L era", and the upstart car company in Honda one last year to capitalise on their prized NA V12 engine built from their years of expertise manufacturing motorcycles. Weirdly, underdog Japanese manufacturers seem to suddenly pull out a Bankai and become Hokage while the One Piece drops into their laps when given one last year to run their defining engine in a high–profile race, and while far from winning the season, Richie Ginther did manage to drive his #11 RA272 to a historic win at the Mexican Grand Prix, which would become the first win ever for a Japanese car in an F1 race, setting a strong precedent for many a Honda powered machine to follow in the decades after.

If you'd like to experience the origin and inspiration of many modern Hondas, feel free to join us in our weekly lobbies!

Weekly Lobbies

Our weekly lobbies are ongoing as usual, and anyone (not a dick) is welcome to join us in racing bone stock RA272s under BoP conditions! Don't worry if you don't have an eligible RA272; you can join us in a comparison car to spice things up!

Click on the hyperlinks to convert the times to your time zone, and feel free to add the hosts as friends on PSN to make searching for the lobbies easier!

The Americas Lobby

The Asia/Oceania also kinda European Lobby​

BoP/Settings Disabled: On (temporarily reverts cars to bone stock; WIDE BODIED AND ENGINE SWAPPED CARS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!)
Tracks: Randomly selected by lobby participants (~10 mins practice, ~10 mins sprint)
PP Limit: 640
Car: No Limit
Tyres: No Limit

~Special Challenge!~

The Special Challenge for the week is to beat my lap time of 2:11.160 around Suzuka Circuit Full Course in a bone stock RA272 (+5BB). The twist? The person who does that with the smallest displacement car wins! I daresay I left a lot of time on the table in that run, so maybe you can dethrone that with a RA272 yourself?

Rules:
  • Use the 16:00 preset in Time Trial
  • Track Cut Penalty: Weak
  • Tyre Wear & Fuel Con: Off
  • Cars with unknown displacement not eligible
  • Wankel Engines and EVs not eligible
  • Tuning: No Limit, but RA272s cannot change anything other than Brake Balance
  • Save a replay of your best lap, I might ask for it to be shared with me
Here's the Best Lap replay of my 2:11.160 run, you can load it into your Time Trial session to chase it!

#cotw #ra272 #w58

Of course, we always welcome opinions, tunes, liveries, photos, videos, or stories about the car here on the thread!

View attachment 1356935View attachment 1356936View attachment 1356937View attachment 1356938

NGL, I may have shut down this challenge before it even begun. I suspect only the Kei cars have lower displacement and they will be hard pressed to do a 2:11 when my one run with a Beat souped up to 136 HP (92 HP short of the RA272) and weighing 170kg more was a 2:23. Maybe Vic can pull some sort of miracle out of a Kei car, IDK.
Quite bold of you to make a comment like that in the vicinity of the one guy here that obsesses over kei cars.

Unofficially, I've hit a 2:07 in a swapped S660 (999 cc) and a 2:16 on a normal S660 (660+ cc).

Both are on controller and left a lot room for improvement.

Quite bold of you to make a comment like that in the vicinity of the one guy here that obsesses over kei cars.

Unofficially, I've hit a 2:07 in a swapped S660 (999 cc) and a 2:16 on a normal S660 (660+ cc).

Both are on controller and left a lot room for improvement.
Since Square didn’t specify a tie breaker, I would assume using a swapped S800 or S660 would be a tie, since they both use the RC213V engine too.

I think beating the low 2:11 with a Kei car engine would require one to absolutely nail both the tune and the driving, due to the power and weight disparity. Not impossible, but very, very difficult.

Since Square didn’t specify a tie breaker, I would assume using a swapped S800 or S660 would be a tie, since they both use the RC213V engine too.

I think beating the low 2:11 with a Kei car engine would require one to absolutely nail both the tune and the driving, due to the power and weight disparity. Not impossible, but very, very difficult.
In the event of a tie breaker, we'll go with the person with the faster lap times.

I'll admit: this special challenge was pretty poorly thought through. I came up with it in a rush after feeling ill for most of the day. I should've at least limited tyres to RH, or did my benchmark time on RS... Sorry about that.

Worth noting that there are tuning options that increase the displacement of a car, so keep that in mind.

Managed a 07.02.447 with it. YT review: "Well, it was certainly interesting to have driven this 60's legendary, championship winning F1 car from Japan. All in all it was pretty well behaved I think. The one bigger off I had on the track cost me only about 0.5 seconds, so that's not too bad I guess. I really enjoyed the ride I gotta say. :)"

Back