Clean Race Bonus (CRB) question

• Thread starter luv2drive
  • 6 comments
United States
California
GTP_luv2drive
Apologies in advance if this is answered somewhere else - I did a search and didn't find it.

Does every race in GT7 have the potential for a clean race bonus, or just some of them? I know the implementation is wildly inconsistent. On some races, I get them always, on others intermittently, and others not at all. Seems strange to never get one on a race, so I'm wondering if it only applies to certain races.

Curious if anyone knows for sure.

There are at least 3 different criteria for a CRB:

In Tokyo 600PP, you cannot touch the AI.
In the Spa 1h, you cannot overtake the AI under yellow flags (only requirement)
And in most races, you need to stay within the track limits.
Yeah, I always get the CRB on Spa 1h and on Sardegna

Tokyo 600pp is hit and miss, depends on whether I'm focusing on speed or safety :)

I was thinking of some other races, but I'll go back and try them focusing on safety - I just didn't want to be chasing a phantom CRB that I wouldn't ever get :)

Since getting bored with the same grinding events and wanting to go back and have different experience in VR, I've been tooling around some of the other 6-figure payout events or other ones I enjoy, like the Gr.3 at Suzuka.

Since getting bored with the same grinding events and wanting to go back and have different experience in VR, I've been tooling around some of the other 6-figure payout events or other ones I enjoy, like the Gr.3 at Suzuka.
What are the most fun ones you've discovered?

That really should add more events with bigger payouts...

What are the most fun ones you've discovered?

That really should add more events with bigger payouts...
Totally agree! I don't have nearly as many gripes about GT7 as many people, but that's my biggest one, the payouts.

As far as which races I've been enjoying besides the "grinders",
  • I posted this in the VR thread. Really enjoying Grand Valley in general (I'm sure it's also fun without VR) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-psvr2.409371/post-13964247
  • Gr.3 "2 chili pepper" race at Suzuka. For me this is one of the most competitive and with the best (pre-Sophy) AI in the game. (I've wondered if these chili pepper races were partially experimenting with the new AI algorithms)
  • 10-lap 700pp race at Autopolis. Depending on car you have to get the FM strategy right
  • 5-lap ClubmanCup 700 at Mount Panorama is a blast with a Corvette C7 tune by @praiano - and this course is amazing in VR so I've also enjoyed time trailing it at night with the Honda RA272
  • 10-lap 700pp event at Red Bull Ring
  • 10-lap 700pp event at Deep Forest
  • 10-lap 700pp event at Brands Hatch (there's a pattern here :lol:)
  • Both 700pp events at Dragon Trail, really enjoy this track. (Just realized the Ferrari race here is a good deal at 90K for 5 laps - will have to put that on the weekend list)
That's the bulk of it but I think I'm going to go back and try some other at lower PP events as well this weekend just to expand the VR experience.

I also definitely want to try out that tune I posted above at the other 950pp races this weekend

So I can wrap my quest for CRB into it and make it a challenge for myself :)

Hope you get some enjoyment out of these as well. Out of curiosity, did you buy the PSVR2?

Back