Clutch control anyone??

• Thread starter tekong
  • 8 comments
all the while i'm just wondering, talking 'bout the best simulation racing game in the world, how difficult is it going to be if gt came up with the clutch setting (or how good it will be)? since we have it in a real life drifting... is it so difficult for them to create the command string for clutch action? what do you guys think? would'nt it shall bring a better impact to the game itself? and furthermore, we have more option with our drift technique, for example the clutch kick and shift lock technique. do you all agreed 'bout this?

tekong
all the while i'm just wondering, talking 'bout the best simulation racing game in the world, how difficult is it going to be if gt came up with the clutch setting (or how good it will be)? since we have it in a real life drifting... is it so difficult for them to create the command string for clutch action? what do you guys think? would'nt it shall bring a better impact to the game itself? and furthermore, we have more option with our drift technique, for example the clutch kick and shift lock technique. do you all agreed 'bout this?

It'd be like playing EPR with my dual steering wheel setup. I have a clutch pedal and a external shifter and ebrake lever. They all work, all you need is a DFP, a MC2, a PS2 and a copy of EPR.

Oh, yeah, and IRL and in EPR I use shift lock and clutch kick ALL THE DAMN TIME. Seriously it's my most used initiation technique.

rsmithdrift
It'd be like playing EPR with my dual steering wheel setup. I have a clutch pedal and a external shifter and ebrake lever. They all work, all you need is a DFP, a MC2, a PS2 and a copy of EPR.

Oh, yeah, and IRL and in EPR I use shift lock and clutch kick ALL THE DAMN TIME. Seriously it's my most used initiation technique.

erk, i'm sorry but i don't understand the shortform - EPR, DFP and MC2. may u elaborate that one. thanx

EPR = Enthusia professional racing - game
DFP = Driving force pro - sterring wheel
MC2 is likely referring to a MadCatz 2 steering wheel

live4speed

Yup.......

And IRL is in real life. (I drive an s13, that's 240sx in lamens terms ;) )

live4speed

thanks for the info man. btw, is the EPR is a good drift game coz i've bought it once but on the first race, i felt a bit awkward on the control response and the graphic for me is unacceptable, so i just throw it away. have u tried kaido battle (tokyo extreme drift)? i have already played kaido battle 2.

tekong
thanks for the info man. btw, is the EPR is a good drift game coz i've bought it once but on the first race, i felt a bit awkward on the control response and the graphic for me is unacceptable, so i just throw it away. have u tried kaido battle (tokyo extreme drift)? i have already played kaido battle 2.
It's a great game imo, more fun than GT to play. About on par with GT in terms of realism, but for different reasons, ie GT gets bits wrong that EPR gets right and vice versa. For drifting I'd have thought far more people would enjoy EPR over GT, it even has an uphill/downhill mountain road course. No I've never played Tokyo drift games, I'm not really into drifting myself though.

tekong

Yes and yes.........TXR: Drift is very arcadey and I didn't like it all that much

EPR.........Just check my vid in my thread called Speed Drifting in the Enthusia Pro Racing forum (sub forum of PS2 forum)

Hang on, I'll give a link.

Edit: ok, here it is: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82962

Back