Cockpit Upgrade: Fanatec DD Pro (8nm) & GT Omega ART

• Thread starter Gorefast
  • 1 comments
Germany
NRW
apaul3133
Hej,
here are some thoughts about my major upgrade. Maybe some of you will find this helpful.

Since 2021 I used a CSL Elite wheelbase of Fanatec with V3 pedals, shifter and handbrake (all Fanatec) in combination with a wheel stand pro.
IMG_20231222_235323 (1).jpg

It was all fine but I wanted a DD Pro 8nm since it was published. In November 2023 my hopes for an offer you can't resist at Black Friday didn't come true but I had the money at the side and did it anyway... 😁

The new wheelbase was a perfect reason to get also a complete cockpit. It must be removable if guests stay over night and so I chose GT Omega, whether Art or Titan. Between these two models I prefered Art for the bigger table beneath the wheelbase and the rigid build. I was afraid that 8nm could shake this cockpit and ordered additional support for the wheelbase table.

The build itself went without trouble but more hands were needed for the seat. Unfortunately the shifter arm had a lot of flex with the combined shifter-handbrake package. So I did order another additional support by GT Omega to gain stability. Now it is a lot better but still not perfect.
IMG_20240123_225344 (1).jpg

Now everything works great again and I can confess that it feels like an update and I don't regret this investment. In the end the joy and quality of my driving improved significantly with the new seat and complete cockpit. The direct drive wheelbase is better but feels less like a step forward. If you are interested in more details, feel free to ask.

I'm looking to upgrade from my Playseat Challenge and this looks perfect. I need something that I can drag out of the way when I want to play Tarkov or whatever. I have the 8nm but I also picked up a load cell kit recently, so now I really need something sturdier.

Last edited:
Back