College Football: 2021 Season (including Preseason)

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 72 comments
JUST WRAPPED UP...

Wow! What a game! The 2021 Transperfect Music City Bowl between Tennessee vs. Purdue was nuts! Lot of scoring happened late between these two. Tennessee had a chance to go "walk-off" on Purdue, but the 59-yard field goal went wide right tied at 45. So regulation solves nothing. Bring on Overtime! Controversy happened as the refs ruled Tennessee was down at the 1-yard line, despite a Volunteer stretching out his arm past the Goal Line. In the end, it was the boys in black and gold that won. Purdue Boilermakers knock off the Tennessee Volunteers 48-45 in Overtime. Again- WHAT... A... GAME! Classic college football action.

We still have to settle the likes of Alabama vs. Cincinnati and Michigan vs. Georgia. We do so tomorrow, so stay tuned!

I caught the last two minutes of regulation and overtime. Even the small part of what I saw was nuts. I don't know how the Vols' non-touchdown at the end was called as such, even after review. Purdue got lucky with this one. But overall it was a fun season. Knocking off #2 and #3 ranked teams and taking an SEC program into OT and victory (sort of) to finish the year. They were interesting to watch every week.

College Football Playoff action begins today! First, it's Alabama vs. Cincinnati, then Michigan vs. Georgia. Who will head into 2022 with a chance to win the 2021 National Championship in NCAA FBS? Find out today and tonight!

Your National Championship game slated for January 10, 2022 is set. We will have...

Alabama vs. Georgia!

Both games were smackings. Alabama whacked Cincinnati 27-6, and Georgia won big over Michigan 34-11. So we have an all-SEC National Championship game coming up. This may as well be a glorified SEC Championship game. So... who wins the title? Tell it, GTPlanet!

I don't see us being able to beat Georgia twice. If they can't figure out how to win this game they just need to dismantle the entire football program at Georgia and start all over again. It would take another huge game from Bryce and the offense and then just hope the defense could hang on enough but I don't see it happening.

JUST WRAPPED UP...

It was 20-17 in the Vrbo Citrus Bowl as the No. 22 Kentucky Wildcats upset the No. 15 Iowa Hawkeyes. Kentucky has finished their second straight season with 10 or more wins. UK ends the 2021 season at 10-3. Congratulations to @Jordan 's beloved Kentucky Wildcats. Even our late GTPlanet friend, FoolKiller would be proud of the Kentucky Wildcats.

Last edited:
Absolutely! It was a big win, and what a way to do it. I had pretty much given up before that last offensive drive. Steve is definitely smiling right now, too. :D

"To be the man, you got to beat the man." Georgia was No. 1 in the nation for some time. Alabama has stumbled. And yes- it is tough to beat the same team twice. Especially when that opponent is a quality one. Alabama and Georgia are not scrubs. Nick Saban and Alabama are still that team with the stick on their shoulder the size of a Sequoia tree. Knock off that stick as best as you can. Something tells me, though, that Alabama will win it all again. That is... unless Alabama beats themselves.

It's a less that stellar first half for Montana State.
Capture.JPG

Hopefully the Bison can keep it going!

Didn't really have any doubt that NDSU would win the championship today. Horns up! 🤘

I'm sorry I forgot to hype up tonight's National Championship Game between Alabama vs. Georgia, but it's on right now. Currently, it's 3-0, Alabama with 13:18 left in the 2nd Quarter. Enjoy the game!

Ladies and gentlemen, your National Champions for the 2021 season of NCAA FBS football is...

The University of Georgia!

No. 3 Georgia beat No. 1 Alabama 33-18. Congratulations to the Georgia Bulldogs on winning their first National Championship since 1980. The nail in the coffin for the Alabama Crimson Tide was in a late interception for a touchdown that sealed the deal for Georgia. The new kings of NCAA FBS-level college football are in Athens, Georgia, USA. Cheers, Georgia!

Not really surprised we lost as I didn't figure we could beat Georgia a second time. This team had over achieved this year. They were young and inexperienced considering how much we lost off of last year's team. But it was all of the injuries that really hurt us. Next year they should be in a better position to make a strong run at another championship.

Back