Compulsary Tyre in online lobby

• Thread starter Fidjeb
  • 2 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hi all,

is there anybody here with some knowledge about the functionality of the compulsary tyre in the multiplayer mode?

I've created a race yesterday in which we only wanted to race on race tyres and the medium tyre was compulsary to use. It didn't matter if drivers were using the soft or hard as long as they used the medium tyre.

After the race everybody got a penalty of 1:00 min.

After this race we did a short race were both soft and medium were compulsary, everybody used them both and nobody got a penalty.

So I am confused, what is the benefit of this feature than? Would love to set one tyre type compulsary and leave the rest out the the drivers.

Who has got some more info on this? Couldn't find it online.

If I understand you correctly, then this function already existed in GTS, it led to the fact that some players were devalued with this 1 minute penalty after the race. This penalty stated that BOTH tire types had to be used in the race to avoid the penalty. You had to drive at least one lap with each of these tires.

Maybe you don't understand me totally. This function is new. In GT Sport you could set the tyres where to choose from in a online lobby with maximum and minimum tyre. There was no penalty there. As i've race lots of races where racing hard was available, i've never used it and got no penalty.

In GT7 they made a option where you select specific tyres and that is translated in dutch to "Verplichte banden". In English this means these tyres are mandatory to use. If I understand the meaning of the game correctly. That's why I'm thinking when creating the lobby that if the racing tyres are available and Medium is mandatory to use, i can't get a penalty if I drive one lap on medium and after the rest on soft. I've used the mandatory tyre.

Just like in Formula 1 where you mandatory have to use two compounds and it doesn't matter which one you use.

I can understand your point which would be a different interpretation of the functionality.

Back