Dedicated AC Forum on GTPlanet!

Sweet!! Can't wait to see what this game turns out to be, so far I'm very pleased.
If the Petra GTC mod from rF2 I'm sold on AC, which wouldn't be to hard, there are 3 GT-3 cars already announced to come out soon so it would be a matter of getting the GT-R, Lambo, R8 and 458 GT-3 ported over and we would have the full Blancpqin field!
Then we have Enduracers looking at AC too... Yeah, can't wait to see what the future holds for AC!

I find it more realistic that the developers will provide content as they have an economic incentive to work at it. Mod groups, while beneficial, don't have the urgency of a balance sheet hanging around their necks. Yes, they make a contribution, but the developers of the title have the ability to profit directly.

I see mod groups adopting a synthesis to making a profit to support their efforts without offending folks who don't want to "pay to play" (I don't mind paying, and many don't). I feel as if mod groups find sponsors or benefactors to support their efforts to create content would profit and still be able to give their work for free. Someone like myself could put up money to release certain free content, let's say Le Mans. I'd expect to get recognition for supporting the effort, create some accountability and then the mod would be offered up for all who want it. Everyone wins...hopefully.

I've also had ideas of developing a site where various mod groups would host their efforts, and the community would pick the best in each category, car, track, etc. The winners would collect money and the community would receive quality content. The site would need to be monetized, of course.

Nevertheless, I am very optimistic on AC. It will need content and continued developer attention to survive for the long haul. It's going to fill a vacuum with the non-iracing set more than pull folks out of that service. The reality is that there is a huge, latent demand in the LFS/rFactor2/Cars community for the sim that AC happens to be. Their initial steam release proved AC to be a smash hit.

However, this is not to mean iRacing shouldn't be paying attention. They REALLY need to wake up and smell the burnout smoke. The thread I started there on iRacing's forums for AC two years ago has had 310,000 views, 7000 posts and spans 276 pages. If iRacing doesn't broaden it's view they will see a departure in the coming future.

d

I love the concept Derek, my only concern is that them acepting donations would turn the bloodsucking lawyers loose on the Devs, Modders and Community.

I have plenty of blood sucking lawyers too. :)
Lol!! Good stuff Derek!
We'll see how everything flows, hopefully the biggest concern we'll have in a year is how to filter trough the 3rd party content to find the true gems. That's where your idea will shine!

Back