Deep Forest Raceway One Hour Car help

• Thread starter Stanna
  • 13 comments
England
England
Need help with Deep Forest Raceway One Hour, I've tried about 12 different cars but best I can do is 5th in the Ford Shelby. All guides were posted last year and now out of date due to updates. Would like to do it without using concept cars. Any advise would be great Thanks

I recall the Mazda Atenza Gr4 would qualify as it was within the PP limits. That was a loooong time ago I did that race and many updates ago, but maybe have a look.

Aston Martin DP100, one stop only, turns as good on old tires as new.
Laps 2 seconds faster than anything else I tried.
Just remind this car effectiveness increases greatly by using manual transmission and shortshifting, not only for gas mileage but mainly because absolutely lacks top end power.

Thanks did try Atenza Gr4 but it seems slower now compared to what was originally posted about it. Dp100 is the one I have not tried because in my head it looks too concept to blend into that race, but maybe I will have no choice in the end. I just checked its 19 car I have tried up till now

I just try this recently, struggle to find a car also and i use this one from here .

Of course am not as fast as he is ,i was at 36's-37's and i use a bit more ballast to have a bit more power than what he use .
Need some testing before enter the race to adapt at car behaviour.
One stop for tyres , avoid as possible time penalties ( i get about 6 sec. totally) and don't rush to be in front .
Although it was an anxious win with about 17 sec. from the second one .

The more you " adapt" , the more you gain , isn't a piece of cake for me ,but was duabole and clear it at first try .

One trick to try is you can max out rear downforce, and reduce front downforce on whatever car you're using. This lowers your PP (teehee) and allows you to run more power/less weight and go faster. I'm pretty sure the AI go slower if your difficulty level in the options menu is set to hard too.

So... shrink your PP and ask for it hard?

Thanks Smoothbore12 the Honda RA272 looks fun to drive probably it is not available to purchase though also good tip lbpomg95 will try that.

Unfortunately is not available now , of course that happens quite often but since i bought it ,i use it for deep forest.
At Alsace i use the old mercedes ( known as red pig) which i found it more handful for my taste.

The neoclassical menu i was waiting more than a month to take a group C car as i remember.
Good luck whatever you use anyway.

This is one of my favorites races from The Human Comedy missions! I did it not too long ago with those two tunes:

Citroen GT by @Jeje6410
Ferrari 458 by @praiano63

I remember winning with a comfortable margin.

Today I tried the Alfa Giulia GTAm because that is a very fast car for 620pp, but unfortunately tire wear and fuel economy are't so good compared to Gr.4 cars. The biggest time loss in this race is refueling.

So I went again with the Porsche GT4 Clubsport using this tune by @shaunm80. Very solid. To reach 620pp you can drop ECU to 84% and raise rear downforce to 251.
This Porsche is not the fastest car so you won't be catching anyone on straights, but it's a very stable car and easy to roll through corners. You don't need to worry about refueling. I did a 1-stop, pitting at end of lap 21 to change to a new set of tires. Then it was just a matter of maintaining pace until the last lap. In my race the Nissan Silvia did not pit, but it was driving very slow on the last laps, probably because of worn tires.

One thing to be careful is tire wear on the front right tire. Try to not push your car too hard on corners 9, 10 (before the tunnels) and 14.
Gran-Turismo-7-20230529170357.png

Gran-Turismo-7-20230529170409.png

and I got myself a nice livery. Bless be liveries creators :P
Gran-Turismo-7-20230529173738.png
Gran-Turismo-7-20230529173624.png

I just finished the Race myself using the R33 GT-R V•Spec '97. Rear downforce maxed and front downforce as low as it could go to get it in the PP level required.
It's a very very fast car running in the 1:33.5. I Ran it on a one stop on hards as it's the only race tyre you can use without going above the PP level, with a huge margin at the end over 1 minute 23 seconds difference at the end of the race. Highly recommend this if anyone is stuck!

Last edited:
Guys, one day with my driving experience on the test in question,
I used the 68' Alpine A220 Race Car
Front reach 50
Rear range 200
ECU 81% (base car)
Travels 1.34 / 1.35
A pit stop for the tires after the 30 minute and 20% refueling!!

finish first with second place 1 lap behind!

Attachments

• IMG_8910.jpeg
    IMG_8910.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8909.jpeg
    IMG_8909.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Ragazzi giorno con la mia esperienza di guida sulla prova in questione,
Io ho usato la Alpine A220 Race Car del 68'
Portata anteriore 50
Portata posteriore 200
ECU 81% (base automatica)
Viaggia 1.34 / 1.35
Un pit stop per le gomme dopo i 30 min e 20% di rifornimento !!

Arrivo primo con il secondo ad 1 giro di distacco!
Convert to English mate or say goodbye to your post ;)

Aston Martin DP100, one stop only, turns as good on old tires as new.
Laps 2 seconds faster than anything else I tried.
Just remind this car effectiveness increases greatly by using manual transmission and shortshifting, not only for gas mileage but mainly because absolutely lacks top end power.
This worked for me today. Ran 38 laps. 1 stop for tires only.

Back