Delete GT Sport before install GT7?

BigBadBullyman
I heard my liveries will carry over from GT Sport along with Driver Rating. If I delete GT Sport off my PS5 will GT7 recognize my liveries and profile from cloud data or does that disappear? I know Sport is coming off my drive, I just want to minimize the fragmentation on my flash drive.

Last edited:
Just so people know, I deleted GT Sport before install of GT7. It recognized me and my driver rating without even logging into the game. I did not see my old liveries where they should be (showed where suit and helmet are). I am guessing it is something we unlock later. Even the cheesy mini game while you wait for the download was fun. Try to get gold on all of them (Trial Mountain is my bane). Great game at launch. Intro movie will bring a tear to your eye…

Just so people know, I deleted GT Sport before install of GT7. It recognized me and my driver rating without even logging into the game. I did not see my old liveries where they should be (showed where suit and helmet are). I am guessing it is something we unlock later. Even the cheesy mini game while you wait for the download was fun. Try to get gold on all of them (Trial Mountain is my bane). Great game at launch. Intro movie will bring a tear to your eye…
As was said above, you have to publicly share all the liveries that you want to bring across.
Even then you have to make sure you are in the car you want and you'll have to have purchased any special paint.

As was said above, you have to publicly share all the liveries that you want to bring across.
Even then you have to make sure you are in the car you want and you'll have to have purchased any special paint.
Funny things I DID share my liveries, my helmet, my suit, and NOTHING is in my library except my one and only custom decal I shared...

Yeah I just checked and none of my liveries (including the one in my profile pic, which is definitely public and has a lot of comments on it) appear in my library. All I see is the custom decals I've made and shared and that's it.

What's odd is I did an in-game search for liveries for the Ferrari 458 GT3 and came up with zero results. So something odd is going on.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure it's just a matter of figuring it out.
I'll be getting GT7 at the weekend and will update here as I go through it for liveries.

Last edited:
They won't show up in the library, the notification about it says you need to bring the car/helmet/livery to the editor and open the livery from there.
Idk if that actually works, I won't get to try it out until in a few hours.

Yep, it doesn't work so far. I've shared some Mini '65 liveries on GTSport and they don't appear when I go in the GT7 livery editor with the Mini. (Open design> no result)
I hope it's just a matter of time..
Also there's only a small part of my shared decals in my items... so 🤞

Latest Posts

Back