difference between GT5 vs GT5 XL??? should i buy if already own GT5

• Thread starter us_matrix
  • 7 comments
I bought GT5 when it first came out. But I noticed there is GT5 XL edition came out few months ago. My question is for customer like lot of us already bought GT5, do we need to buy GT5 XL edition for something extra? Or we can download it for free from the update? If not able to update for free.

What is the difference between GT5 and GT5 XL? Is it worth to get another copy of XL? I still have not finished the GT5 yet :nervous:

Thanks.

The XL disc has up to update 2.0 on the disc. It also includes a voucher for the following dlc downloads.

Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack.

If you don't own those dlc's and/or have to re-install the game a lot it might be worth it.

Can buy GT5 XL for a friend, and then have him give me the voucher code for future DLC? I already bought the first DLC released but not the 2nd or 3rd.

Can buy GT5 XL for a friend, and then have him give me the voucher code for future DLC? I already bought the first DLC released but not the 2nd or 3rd.

You could use the voucher for the DLC's you don't have, I think there's separate codes for each pack, and then your friend can use the rest if he needs, I believe.

But really if you're only missing one or two DLC's would it not be cheaper to buy them off the PSN store and maybe save a few $$$/£££/€€€ on the retail price of GT5 XL or Academy Edition here in UK?

You could use the voucher for the DLC's you don't have, I think there's separate codes for each pack, and then your friend can use the rest if he needs, I believe.

But really if you're only missing one or two DLC's would it not be cheaper to buy them off the PSN store and maybe save a few $$$/£££/€€€ on the retail price of GT5 XL or Academy Edition here in UK?

Nope, just a "One code gets all" deal. What you could do is have your friend download them, have him give you his account info, and install them onto your playstation WHICH OF COURSE IS ILLEGAL AND I, NOR GTPLANET CONDONE DOING :sly:

Last edited:
Nope, just a "One code gets all" deal. What you could do is have your friend download them, have him give you his account info, and install them onto your playstation :sly:

Damn, that's rubbish. Won't be buying it now, then. Will just pay for the bits off the PSN store that I want when I have the spare cash.

Back