Do you like random weather in world map events?

• Thread starter m76
  • 22 comments

Do you like not knowing if an event will be wet, bone dry, or mixed?

• Yes

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • Only for single races

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

m76

Hungary
Hungary
I think having random weather for career mode races is a really bad idea.
Every pre-defined event should have fixed weather conditions for consistency and predictability.

For example you enter a championship and the second race is wet, and you don't have wet tyres, because why would you? Buying wet tyres for every car you drive just in case would be a huge waste of credits.

As for single races, I'll just reload it over and over again, until I get a dry race.

m76
As for single races, I'll just reload it over and over again, until I get a dry race.
You can do the same in a championship. I spent 2h trying to do a wet race at LeMans on RHs with only restarting. I gave up and exited to the race screen, started again in hope something would change. Turns out the next race configuration was a dry race :banghead:

Last edited:
I'm all for it. It makes the game world feel much more alive and dynamic. Reacting to changing conditions is part of motorsport and I'm impressed with how well its been implemented in the game (its not perfect of clurse). I also like being able to re-run races and championships and have a completely different experience from previous runs.

I'd concede that a weather forecast before starting each race would be beneficial.

Overall, its a thumbs up from me.

I really like trying to gauge the weather in the middle of the race by watching the skies and lighting. I daresay the game looks the best when transitioning between conditions and time. Trying to gauge and guess if it will rain, how much it will rain, and for how long makes me feel the most alive in the game, given the brain dead AI.

That said, there are certainly frustrating sides to it. The fact that the AI is almost completely unaffected by the grip loss, visibility loss, and fear of spinning out is really immersion breaking. Also, having the weather radar on means I can't have my radar or play with fuel mix is just... dumb. The radar should be forced on for all players at all times as far as I'm concerned. Wish PD would overhaul the UI, but that's a little off topic.

I like the change up. I did the 30 minutes of LeMans race a couple times yesterday and during the second run, I never needed to pit for rain tires. Conversely, a couple days back I almost pitted for heavy rain tires because the intermediate's were hydroplaning a lot.

I like it, and it should be that way.
Only two issues that have been mentioned before:
  • You should be able to buy tires from the settings screen, especially during championships
  • Show a forecast before the race. Even when it's raining it's hard to see if it's still good for slicks or whether you need intermediates or full wets

I like the dynamic weather, always enjoyed driving in rain on racing games. It definitely is more challenging, and it's interesting to see how the AI adapts throughout different games.

That said, it would be nice to have a weather forecast before the race. It wouldn't need to be precise, showing on which lap the rain will start and how long, or how intense it will be. Just a percentage would be nice, like "40% chance of rain on this event". This way you won't be surprised if the weather changes, and you still have to adapt you strategy mid race, because you don't know exactly when it would start, or how long the rain will be.

Voted other as I would like a % chance of rain or some sort of forecast.

Below was asked in a different thread prior to seeing this one...
Maybe my eyes fail me as I get up there in age...

Is there a place prior to entering the race that displays % chance of rain?

During the Menu Book phase, it was rather annoying to find out that a race may or may not have rain (at any point).
We got windage (while racing) in the update, but no forecast stuff that I can see... unless I'm looking in the wrong spot (not talking about during the race).

Last edited:
I like having random weather for realism. But a little heads up like people mention a la forecast would be nice.
Maybe even get to buy missing rain tires when pitting. This will never happen, though.

I love watching the weather change especially long races .
Wish there was thunder and lightning too
And hail. :D
I like the change up. I did the 30 minutes of LeMans race a couple times yesterday and during the second run, I never needed to pit for rain tires. Conversely, a couple days back I almost pitted for heavy rain tires because the intermediate's were hydroplaning a lot.
Same, last couple of days I never needed intermediate’s either.
(…)Show a forecast before the race. Even when it's raining it's hard to see if it's still good for slicks or whether you need intermediates or full wets
It’s actually pretty easy, just check the water level indicator. The three marks mark what tire you can safely run.
Bottom: slicks. Mid: intermediate. Top: full wet. And the extra blue bit on the very top means even with full wets, hydroplaning will happen.

Last edited:
It’s actually pretty easy, just check the water level indicator. The three marks mark what tire you can safely run.
Bottom: slicks. Mid: intermediate. Top: full wet. And the extra blue bit on the very top means even with full wets, hydroplaning will happen.
But that's after the race started, I was talking about before the race start 😉

Back