Drive MCII - Realistic Handling Mod for Midnight Club II

• Thread starter DriveMC
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Hi everybody, I'm the maker of a fairly popular realistic handling mod for GTA V known as Drive V, and on a whim I decided to get MCII and start playing around with the handling values. I thought it would be fun to take an old game like that and see how much realism I could extract from the driving physics. A little experiment of what could have been if they decided to go another direction with the game. And I have to say, I'm having a blast with it. I'm about 70-80% of the way through (despite the game's obnoxious difficulty level).

The biggest changes are lessening the artificial drifting force and shooting for a more natural oversteer, getting a more even brake bias so that the brake pedal doesn't function the same as the handbrake (and eliminating a weird function that forced this behavior artificially), generally lowering downforce values, more realistic traction levels, better acceleration for slower cars (because crashing is a death sentence in this game) and making the wheels turn less instantaneously, so there's a realistic delay for steering inputs that gives a sense of weight. Power levels are one of the few things I've largely left alone.

Bikes have also been overhauled, doing my best to make them more agile because the stock setup was like they were driving through mud and gave no reason to use them instead of cars.

I can't wait to share the mod when it's ready!

Drive MCII header.jpg

Last edited:
I just figured out how to edit races because the insane difficulty of Kenichi's last race was driving me up a wall. Less traffic makes it a lot more do-able. I'll probably tweak some others while I'm at it.

Last edited:
And just as I was wrapping it up, an exciting development occurred! I was able to make contact with one of the game's developers and clear up many questions and uncertainties I had. What an honor! Can't wait to put this new information into use.

Last edited:
Well the mod is now officially done and available for download!

If you don't have the game, you can download it for free right here:

And the link to my mod:

Last edited:
Well the mod is now officially done and available for download!

If you don't have the game, you can download it for free right here:

And the link to my mod:

Hi. I'm not sure if you're still active here, but let me know if you are. I have a few questions. Please just send me a message.

Back