Corsair pursuing acquisition of Fanatec

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 78 comments
No! I don't want rgb lights on my wheels (that don't provide any useful information)...
Might not be useful to you, but I find the lack of backlit wheels (aside from the expensive BMW GT3 wheel and Podium Rally Module) one of Fanatec’s downsides compared to other brands. I like to play in the dark and struggle to see buttons on my wheel, but aside from that you could potentially map colours to individual buttons as an alternative to button caps and stickers.

I’ve been looking at the Leoxz XGT Pro which is compatible with Fanatec’s bases (and is also console compatible) - Fanatec are essentially losing a sale to a competitor despite keeping me within the ecosystem.

Last edited:
Welp, guess I’m stuck with firmware 457 for my DD+. I have 0 issues it works perfectly for me and I absolutely love it, but was really hoping to have a driver version known to resolve its possible issues.

This isn’t my exact experience with Corsair, but similar and why I don’t use any products they are associated with to not give my personal data away on top of paying top dollar for products:

It’s a no brainer it will be one of the first steps Corsair takes to make Fanatec profitable or generate a additional revenue stream, start selling consumers personal data.

Now more than ever Fanatec is dead. Stolen from its owners and sold to corporate greed.

Edit: while I’m irritated let me add more conjecture: why did the CFO not allow Fanatec to bring in third party customer service companies and logistics companies to help as Jackemier stated they had planned to do to resolve all thier issues months before in several interviews both at sim racing expo as well as around end of 2023/begining 2024 at Fanatec HQ?

Almost as if the CFO with ties to the hedge fund pulling all the stings wanted to tank Fanatec as a brand to ensure bottom stock pricing to steal the value away from its rightful owners.

Last edited:
A bit of internal sabotage is the only thing which makes sense at this point. It should have taken 6 weeks to initially sort the black Friday debacle and about 3 months to really shake it out and be on your feet again. Once it took longer, it began smelling malicious.

Just brutal.

So does anyone know what happens to the existing orders? I don’t have a wheel (but all other parts sitting around) and also starting to worry about 1200+ EUR of order that I have no status information about.

So does anyone know what happens to the existing orders? I don’t have a wheel (but all other parts sitting around) and also starting to worry about 1200+ EUR of order that I have no status information about.
They should be filled - eventually. They didn't file bankruptcy nor just close and lock the doors, so the orders should be processed and eventually shipped out. An influx of cash - and hopefully personnel - should actually speed up order fulfillment.

Corsair Racing is set to launch at Computex in June 2024. We have developed a total experience engineered to offer a fully immersive SIM racing experience. This is a high growth category, especially as Formula One continues to gain interest in the U.S. Corsair will have a unique advantage in this market because of our ability to produce all the relevant components for a SIM racing setup combining our new racing components with our gaming PCs, curved monitors, and PC peripherals.

I would say the SIM market as best we can tell is probably around a $1 billion now. And we're going to enter the top half of that initially. So we're not going to be making $100 or $200 steering wheel kits. We'll be making products for people that are spending a few thousand dollars on a rig same way as you do with our PC categories. Plenty of market for us to ramp up to a $100 million or $200 million there.

Trying to be optimistic in the face of the reality of this… you thought the resell market on Fanatec hardware was good before? Now all of our pre Corsair-Fanatec hardware is going to skyrocket in value in the resell market once Corsair starts cutting cost/quality.

Despite not seeing eye to eye on 50% with Jackemier, my heart still hurts for him and all shareholders that are in the process of being robbed after doing the work turning the company around to profitability right before this occurred. But the world isn’t fair and it’s survival of the fittest not most deserving.

Well I believe this video explains a lot of Fanatec's current situation:

A bit of internal sabotage is the only thing which makes sense at this point. It should have taken 6 weeks to initially sort the black Friday debacle and about 3 months to really shake it out and be on your feet again. Once it took longer, it began smelling malicious.

Just brutal.

I agree and by that video, there definitely appears to be some malice in Fanatec's current situation, if all of the info in the video is true then I hope that the ex-ceo can get back control of his company... because while they have had issues with supply and debt and stuff, the former CEO is still someone who was close with the simracing community whilst the current one is only looking to sell and Corsair would simply milk them for cash/technology and then discard..

new bottom reached 0,270€
IF the StaRUG goes ahead, which seems to be the case with the proposed Corsair offer, then the shares are worth 0 (as all shareholders will get expropriated). Pretty brutal.

I wonder what the current management, ie. The board, CEO, CFO etc, will take home for the "successful" restructuring (essentially receiving some of the shareholders money for the great Job they've been doing...)

I wouldn't be mad at that acquisition...Im a little biased since I live pretty close to Cosair offices & Nvidia is even closer, tech companies around here are throwing around soo much money its kind of wild to see it in real time

Back