Fanatec Reveals Direct Drive ClubSport DD and DD+ Wheel Bases: Available to Pre-Order Now

• Thread starter Famine
  • 484 comments
There seem to be differences in the various batches of h/w w the CS DD(+), maybe due to the chip shortage substitutions? Some people are really suffering disconnects, other not so much or not at all. I’ve had mine for just 2 weeks so a more recent/better batch or just random luck?
Yeah I started to think the same... It's kinda weird that it's so different. And I doubt Fanatec would have released it if they found the crashes during testing after the 456 fiasco - doesn't make any sense whatsoever. And I trust their staff in the forums at least to that degree.

I also noticed a difference in my FFB. NDP was off on my old setup, but if I do that now it feels weird in corners, light and lacking FFB, while feeling like a spring that wants go to back to the center. That actually remains even after downgrading everything to 455. So now I have to have NDP set to 25-30 to have that feeling gone.

Been following the posts at Fanatec regarding this, and while hard to see a strong pattern seems to me like there are 3 maybe 4 ranges of situations for the base. The WQR is a separate issue and seems sorted, the base not so much

1 - bases w disconnects and other issues right from the start but helped by 457
2 - bases w issues but not helped or made worse by 457
3 - bases which worked fine on 455 or 455 w WQR from 456 and fine w 457, so no issues
4 - bases which were fine w 455 but have issues w 457

Coil whine sounds like a power supply QC or design issue and seems maybe fixed in later units? If there are power supply issues I’m also wondering if power quality is a possible cause of the disconnects and other issues? Unfortunately not easy to swap in a new one w/o an RMA or a willing friend w a good one to test

I don’t see much discussion as to whether those w disconect issues while running are using very high power demand settings or some other weird combination of settings. I wonder if people have tried very low FFB settings to see if disconnects reduce or stop. Those who are having issues regardless, this may not be what is causing those

For those in groups 3 & 4, base from 455 (2.0.1.4) and WQR from 457 (1.1.0.1) seem to be the best combo at the moment for overall feel and performance.

The base FW from 457 (2.1.0.3) seems like its been tweaked in an attempt to resolve various issues so has less feel and range. If it helps then use it, but otherwise its not optimal.

I figure there will be 1 or 2 more releases before Fanatec fully understands all the issues so if its working ok for you then run w it

This is just my observations of the reports, as I have a group 3 unit purchased recently and not able to really evaluate the other issues first hand so take as opinion not hard facts. We don’t also know anything about changes made as production proceeded from release until now so may be hw change issues as well. Its helpful to post your experience over at Fanatec along w your SN if you have not already done so

Hello, I know that this is the wrong channel to ask, but is there anyone from Fanatec (or knows what's going on) with our orders? Unofficially of course, but some information would be welcome. I know a lot of things going on there and that their orders are a bit delayed, but there are many users (myself included) with an order 15 days back and no response, no nothing.

Obviously I don't want to cancel my order, but current situation is a bit shady.. :/

Can anyone give any feedback? PM also works. Thank you in advance!

Hello, I know that this is the wrong channel to ask, but is there anyone from Fanatec (or knows what's going on) with our orders? Unofficially of course, but some information would be welcome. I know a lot of things going on there and that their orders are a bit delayed, but there are many users (myself included) with an order 15 days back and no response, no nothing.

Obviously I don't want to cancel my order, but current situation is a bit shady.. :/

Can anyone give any feedback? PM also works. Thank you in advance!
Ha, ha, ha. Wrong channel; heck, wrong site. Not even on Fanatec do they know when you're going to get it.

15 days back. As long as nothing is a pre-order, as long as you don't need a qr1, then you should be getting close to something happening; or not.

Ha, ha, ha. Wrong channel; heck, wrong site. Not even on Fanatec do they know when you're going to get it.

15 days back. As long as nothing is a pre-order, as long as you don't need a qr1, then you should be getting close to something happening; or not.
Well I realized as much, DD+, Clubsport RS and QR2 in the order.. the only thing that bothers me is uncertainty on the reason of the delay (and not being informed about it) rather than the delay itself. I just convinced myself for once that I would be lucky.. oh well, let’s wait some more.

I can’t believe that a Sony licensed company, with so much demand and good quality products ended up as it is.. hopefully the management stuff get sorted and they are revived again

Back