Favorite car in GT7 and why ( It is open to any car whether road or race)

• Thread starter kjb
  • 23 comments

kjb

United States
Cary, NC
mrbabyboyd
I am curious what your favorite car is in GT7 and why. I have been thinking about this for awhile what favorite car in the game is. At 1st I was going to go with the MR2 but when they came out with the engine swap for XJ220 I thought about that but I think I am going to stick with the MR2. For me I love small low center of gravity sport cars. Triumphs, Minis, Miatas, etc.. but the MR2 has a special place in my heart. I remember the 1st time I saw it in Car and Driver back in 88 as a young teenager. I remember the first time I saw on in person I was wowed. So small and midengined. In my mind it was like an affordable Ferrari 🤣 that I would be able to get one day. After awhile I forgot about the MR2. When GT1 came out and it had the OG MR2 and as well the Gen 2 I was done and it has been my favorite car in every version of GT. Right now I have 7 of them and I will probably get enough to do a 1 make custom race with different Super GT liveries that I find. I like to drive the MR2 when I don't want to grind and I will take it to Laguna Seca , High Speed Ring and just do some hot laps . For me it fun to drive especially the engine swapped version. So that's my story what's yours. Please don't give me a list of your favorites car just your favorite and why.

911 GT1 Straßenversion because come on it's a GT1 car on the road, Toyota GR010 because I stan them in WEC and I like how it drives, Toyota TS050 because of its insane grip and traction, Ford GT GTE '18 because it's a beautiful car, and the CLK-LM because it's a simply lovely car with an amazing sound.

911 GT1 Straßenversion because come on it's a GT1 car on the road, Toyota GR010 because I stan them in WEC and I like how it drives, Toyota TS050 because of its insane grip and traction, Ford GT GTE '18 because it's a beautiful car, and the CLK-LM because it's a simply lovely car with an amazing sound.
So what is your favorite overall car out if those?

kjb
So what is your favorite overall car out if those?
it is a very hard choice. I have the most mileage on my GR010 but the Ford GT is just too beautiful to ignore so my pick would be the Ford. A night race pic of the GT that I took is actually my PS4 background as of last year and it still is.

Last edited:
In general the CLK-LM because it's the closest car available to the CLK-GTR in GT7 and the performance and usefulness of it makes it worth it for grinding and custom races. The stock handling is abit stiff compared to the 97 F1 GTR but the car can be tuned to even beat Gr.1 in some events albeit it's no easy task at all.

Porsche 962C is my favorite car and GT7 introduced it to me. I’ve got 10 in the game and I have 3 different hot wheels versions of it. I started collecting hot wheels because of FH5 and GT7 LMAO!

But back to the Porsche, it looks great, sounds great, one of the quickest cars in the game, plus it has a pretty cool history in Motorsport and one was even converted for street use and it was the fastest “production” car for awhile too.

Porsche 962C is my favorite car and GT7 introduced it to me. I’ve got 10 in the game and I have 3 different hot wheels versions of it. I started collecting hot wheels because of FH5 and GT7 LMAO!

But back to the Porsche, it looks great, sounds great, one of the quickest cars in the game, plus it has a pretty cool history in Motorsport and one was even converted for street use and it was the fastest “production” car for awhile too.
The 962 is probably my favorite Group C car.

F50 is just the perfect mix for me. The sound is incredible. It performs well at 700 and 800 performance points. I love the way it looks and the way it handles. Surprisingly efficient for a V12. I have three and plan on adding more.

1706322906372.jpeg

Last edited:
It all depends on what mood I'm in,what race it is,etc.etc. But right now the R5 is my "favorite" because I've been doing all the WTC800's and also some 900's with it. Drives awesome and a gas miser.

Until very recently it was my 700PP tuned TTS because it absolutely tears and it’s so lovely and relatively easy to drive at 100%. But now…LFA. Tuned without exhaust silencers so it sounds the same, except revs to around 11 grand. Frankly, even if it drove like a truck, it’d be right up there, but it handles sweet as a nut too.

It's a quite difficult question to answer, because there's a considerable amount of cars to buy and drive and maybe the answer may change from time to time.... But! Right now my favorite car is the Mercedes CLK LM '98. It handles great, the fuel economy is great, it looks great, it easily dominates the Gr3 events and it is a nice competitor in Gr2. Been driving it in Sardegna money grind races, I used to beat the Gr2 cafe menu and it's been a pleasure.

20970086440130512.jpg

For the moment i believe it's the s14 with ls3 swap.
It's not because it handle well , but that thing is so Silly 🤣🤣
It's all the fun about gran tourismo tuning to max a car and have fun with it

Last edited:
For the memories of driving my brother’s E30 318i/M3 conversion, reading that old(was new when I bought it, in ‘87) Road&Track Exotic Cars magazine that featured the M3(not to mention, the AMG Hammer!) and for always wanting an E30. It’s the car of the game for me.
20969999457771774.jpg

I'm a big fan of the "road going race cars." The Radical, Xbow and Mono. All three are really fun to drive, and feature great highly useable in-car views.

I'm a big fan of the "road going race cars." The Radical, Xbow and Mono. All three are really fun to drive, and feature great highly useable in-car views.
People seem to be polarized by the Radical. I won't say it's my favorite because it's not but I love that car tuned for good power. It's an absolute weapon and very enjoyable to lap.

I honestly think (and this is polarizing too I'm sure) that an EK Civic might be my favorite car. It drives like a civic of that generation drives. Like exactly. Back in the early 00's my ex wife had two different ones that were handed down to me for commuter status and I beat the brakes off both of them and they just did what I asked painlessly and cheaply. Mine were never modified but they were great cars.

I'm a VW head from way back. I currently own a new GTI. I know it's blasphemy to say I like this little Honda in this game but I really do. It's also a giant killer. It'll crush cars that on paper are much faster. It's a credit grinder early in the game and it's also good at some of the upper level stuff. All around for the money spent on it in this game it can generate quite a bit of income. I also currently have the highest placing I've ever gotten in a lap time challenge with the Civic at Maggiore so that also taints my decision. 😁

Anyway, I know that was long and rambling and probably a weird way to determine a favorite car but there it is.

People seem to be polarized by the Radical. I won't say it's my favorite because it's not but I love that car tuned for good power. It's an absolute weapon and very enjoyable to lap.

I honestly think (and this is polarizing too I'm sure) that an EK Civic might be my favorite car. It drives like a civic of that generation drives. Like exactly. Back in the early 00's my ex wife had two different ones that were handed down to me for commuter status and I beat the brakes off both of them and they just did what I asked painlessly and cheaply. Mine were never modified but they were great cars.

I'm a VW head from way back. I currently own a new GTI. I know it's blasphemy to say I like this little Honda in this game but I really do. It's also a giant killer. It'll crush cars that on paper are much faster. It's a credit grinder early in the game and it's also good at some of the upper level stuff. All around for the money spent on it in this game it can generate quite a bit of income. I also currently have the highest placing I've ever gotten in a lap time challenge with the Civic at Maggiore so that also taints my decision. 😁

Anyway, I know that was long and rambling and probably a weird way to determine a favorite car but there it is.
I used to have a 95 Civic coupe with a 5 speed manual and I love that car. I ended up blowing a gasket and had to get a new engine but to me that had the smoothest transmission I had ever used. I always hoped they would include it in GT but they only the hatchback. I still enjoy the Civics in the game though. I have come to like the Radical as it a fun little car

mine is the Maverick simply because i own a 1970 IRL with a 302. i do however wish there was a stock version i could build up in the game. next to that the 69 mustang

Last edited:
View attachment 1322899

View attachment 1322900

because I prefer the piggy ones...

Joke a part, this is a fantastic machine to drive IRL

Nice, where did you drive it? I am going to Vegas soon and saw that Dreamracing lets you drive it there. I definitely consider it, but they have many great cars…

If anyone has ever drove some supercars/racecars in Vegas, it would be helpful if you could share your experience here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/driving-supercar-racecar-in-las-vegas.425307/

Thx

Last edited:
Nice, where did you drive it? I am going to Vegas soon and saw that Dreamracing lets you drive it there. I definitely consider it, but they have many great cars…
I didn't drove this "Pig" version but a RSR, yes.
It was 10 years ago and mainly on French tracks: Dijon and Paul Ricard.

Driving a RSR is an unique experience, you'll never forget it.
I really hope you'll experience this moment !

Back