Forty Thousand

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 13 comments
To whom it may concern. On this date, at this minute (if I timed this right), 7 years ago, a certain member joined. You all know him as the Super Moderator AMG.

But that's not important right now. If he wanted to showboat and post self-aggrandizing threads in order to puff up his ego, he should have remembered. No, this is all about me!

(No offense intended to AMG, or any of the fine moderation staff at GTP).

I mean, look at this dork:

The terrible choice of an image host. The poor pretensions of photographical skill. The grotesque lack of correct post formatting (that even predates the "Geeky Gangly Garamond Teen" phase of 2006-2009). And the acne. Good God the acne.
:nervous:

But look at that guy now: A vaguely intelligent, vaguely tolerated and vaguely pockmarked Cadillac of Men person who may or may not have too much time on his hands.

And you may be asking yourself, why? Why choose seven years to mark this celebration? Well, the answer in that lies in the post count. Namely, the 23,000 posts that I wanted to achieve by today with this post but completely forgot until two days ago so ended up not making it despite a valiant (but perhaps ill-advised) attempt.
3,285 posts per year (which takes into account the 9 month sabbatical I took). 9 posts per day. These are just some of the statistics that I just couldn't quite make it to.

So...

Er...

Here's to another 7 years and... er... 22966 posts.

Last edited:
The first one isn't too bad... New York is forgiving of poor photography... but the second? Absolutely terrible.

Happy 22,966th. :D

Damn, you were oh-so close to reaching 2 milestones simultaneously, and now I can finally see the anti-climactic spectacle that is you very first post. Those are some great photos you have there. :P

Anyway, let's see you post who-er your way up to 45,932 in the next 7 years, mate. :cheers:

mlfw5380-pinkie_party_hardy.gif

Yeah, guess I'll party hard as well. :lol:

7 years on GTP with almsot 23,000 posts...
mlfw3816-1332195048705188.gif

Congratulations on that amazing achievement.
Here's to another 23,966 posts. :cheers:

23K in 7 years? Wow, that's fast. That's over 3200 a year, and I could only do just over 1500 in my first year. I like celebrating random post number milestones like that. I'm waiting until my 1729th post. Happy 23966. But why are posting ponies here? What does that have to do with a number?

That's a lot of posts in that space of time. Congrats :cheers:.

And my random milestone will be 6969. Because I'm that immature.

Epic Andrew WK and Pinkie GIF

Didn't take long for things like this to start streaming in. :lol: Awesome GIF.

Pinkie Energy Drink GIF

:lol:

Congrats, Toronado. :cheers: You forgot to mention the obvious! In those 7 years you gotten 20% cooler... At least. :D

HA!!! What a dork! Oh wait... (gets death stare from Toro) Though of course.... Hehe. He has become into... You... So it doesn't really count... Hehe.

Oh no a pony thread!! /W&N.

:lol:

Congrats on the dorky status. Oh wait. No, that's about right. 👍 :P

22972 posts, what a post who.... I mean congratulations for almost reaching your almost milestone. In 7 years you managed to do what many people aim to do (I think, I have no idea what this whole forum thing is all about), and that's quite an achievement (I believe, probably).

Anyway, looking forward to your 23000 post and many many more in the future.

And obligatory pony thing, of course.

195975%20-%20animated%20applejack%20artist%3Atweevle%20Cardboard_cutout%20farm_truck%20Hubble%20Night_At_The_Roxbury%20pinkie_pie%20ponified%20rainbow_dash%20saturday_night_live%20truck%20twilight_sparkle%20What_is_love.gif

:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back