Fruit Shaped Ice Cream (Can't remember the name!)

• Thread starter Mark T
  • 26 comments

Mark T

Puts the sex into Essex
Premium
GTP_Mark
Mark T33
Back in the 1990's in the UK there was an ice cream available that had three fruits on the stick. It was a strawberry, lemon and orange. I can't think of the name of it and nobody else I knows seems to either.

I thought it may have bene Opal Fruit or Starburst but apparently it's not that.

So does can anyone else remember what it is?

Last edited:
I know the exact one your on about, it's was brilliant.

I can't remember the name though, which is going to bug me all day now!

Closest I can think of is the Fruit Pastilles lolly:

3695181225_2f67739fc2.jpg

Edit:

Unless you mean this, which is much closer to your description:

coloured-fruit-ice_~935038.jpg

The ice cream actually has three fruit shaped pieces on the stick (a strawberry, lemon and orange) Each fruit is seperate on the stick.

I just googled boomy and it appears that was the name, now I just need to find a picture.

How about video? ;)

Thanks a lot... now you got me craving a magnum. I freaking loved the Walls/Ola stuff when I went to Europe.

edit: These are the only pics I could find:

boomyf.jpg

aventurasboomy.jpg

I've never even heard of it.

Last edited:
I bought a Feast last week and I'm pretty sure it was close to £1.50.

After seeing a Twister on that menu I now need to go and buy one.

So 2 people bring back a 2 year old dead thread with the same image within 7 minutes of each other? What are the chances? :confused:

I had a Twister the other day and they taste exactly the same as they used to which is good. They also had a really huge one with 5 fruit flavours in it, it was twisted into a long spiral, but I can't remember the name of it. They were awesome when I was little because they were almost as tall as me.

Imagine joining a console racing game forum just to revive an 11 year old thread to post about an ice lolly that is apparently still available :lol:

That said, an 11 year old comment is still incredibly relevant because holy moly those prices are cheap!
Amazingly, a Cornetto will only set me back 60p, and a Twister 30p still.
Whereas a Magnum will run me £1.20.
Then there’s the 5฿ ice lollies that I won’t even bother converting into western money lol.

I’ve recently been eating Calippo’s.

I’m not a big ice cream fan but I do love fruit ice lollies.

We have some Fruit Pastel lollies.

I also love Mr Ice, ice pops. They were all the rage when I was a kid along with Skrewballs from the ice cream van.

Imagine joining a console racing game forum just to revive an 11 year old thread to post about an ice lolly that is apparently still available :lol:

Even better than that is that we already had the answer confirmed by OP, and they're different products so it's not still available :lol:

The Fruit Stack is strawberry, orange, and apple. The Boomy was strawberry, lemon, and orange.

Man do I regret dragging my eyes into this thread, I could do with an ice cream but the nearest place to get one is the Co-op, where everything in the ice cream freezer starts at £2.

Also, my favourite ice cream of all time - the Maxibon - is so hard to find now, I don't even know if they still exist. Last time I had one was from a Costcutter on Broadway Market, must've been 2018 or 19.

Man do I regret dragging my eyes into this thread, I could do with an ice cream but the nearest place to get one is the Co-op, where everything in the ice cream freezer starts at £2.

Also, my favourite ice cream of all time - the Maxibon - is so hard to find now, I don't even know if they still exist. Last time I had one was from a Costcutter on Broadway Market, must've been 2018 or 19.
I’ve got Magnums in the fridge. Just stoked up today. They won’t last long thought.

Back