GBRC "Grumpy British Racing Club" Home of clean racing.

United Kingdom
wolverhampton
GBRC-lunchbox147
ipmq3ux.png

GBRC host's practice and race nights on Sunday & Thursdays from 8pm-10pm UK time every week with a regular presence on GT7 during the week.
We are a small but growing racing community of mature, clean and gentlemanly drivers.
Established in 2010 on GTplanet and have a core membership of drivers who race GT7 PS5.

We have drivers in their 30's through to the their 70's with an average age of 55.

We accept all skill levels and abilities and only ask you to race clean and fair for the enjoyment of everyone. We are open to new ideas for cars and tracks, suggestions' are always welcome.
We also have a PSN chat room which is welcomed but not compulsory to join. The chat can be a bit blue at times and only recommend it for the more mature drivers.

Rookie driver's are more than welcome and we offer tuition on improving your driving level.
We can also offer help with your media presence including setups and advice.

We race all kinds of cars from classic to modern and have built a driving roster of clean racers.

Lobbies will be hosted by:
GBRC-Lunchbox
GBRC-Cokebloke
Feel free to add us on PSN to join our lobbies.

To race make sure you have the cars listed below to specification and read the casual racing rules.
Please post details here if interested and we look forward to racing with you soon.

Car's we tend to race on GT7
MX-5 Roadster touring car
Mini cooper s ‘05
Renault Clio V6 24V '00
Radical SR3 SL '13
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83
Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car
BMW M3 Sport Evolution 1989
Honda RA272 '65
GR3 & GR4 car’s

We also use two cars to begin with for easy pick up and play reasons. There will be a front wheel and rear wheel drive car to keep in your garage so your ready to race.

Mazda Roadster Touring Car.
Fx32-_WWIAAzP1y

Standard specification
Race hard tires
BHP: 205
Weight: 795kg

MINI Cooper S 2005
Fx35eS4WAAYX6uq

Custom specification
Racing medium tires
BHP: 271
Weight: 967

Parts:
Full custom suspension
Full custom differential
Full custom transmission
Racing intercooler
supercharger : high end torque
Racing air filter
Racing silencer
Racing exhaust manifold
Racing brake discs
Racing brake pads
Brake balance controller
Racing flywheel and clutch
bore up
engine balance tuning
polished ports
high lift camshaft
racing crankshaft
weight reduction stage 1,2 and 3
wide body fitted
custom parts front, side and wing type A

Quick Reference Guide to GBRC GT7 Casual Racing Rules

At GBRC we pride ourselves in clean racing with minimal contact.
We have an active team of Race Admin members who take part in all races & study the race replays.
We aim for realistic racing and would ask drivers to drive as if it was their car.

Below is a brief version of our Online Racing Rules ;

The Track ;
The game will issue penalties for track limits.
If a driver breaks the track limits and gains an advantage you should give up that advantage.

Qualifying ;
Just like in real life racing, do not obstruct other drivers who are on a fast qualifying lap.
Please move off the racing line or off track.
Do not park on track while qualifying is still in progress.
If you catch up to a driver then it’s your responsibility to back off.
Do not hinder the car in front.

The Race ;
Avoid contact with other cars.
If you make contact with another car & either make them lose control / leave the track / spin, you must wait for the car to rejoin and allow him past.
If another car is ahead & on the racing line when braking into a corner, you must back out of any manoeuvre to avoid contact or spinning the other car around.
Continual contact / rubbing the car in front is not acceptable
Weaving to avoid slip streaming / towing the car behind is not acceptable – you can move once.
If you leave the track, care must be taken to safely re-join without hindering other drivers.
Be prepared to leave racing room for cars that are alongside or 'overlapping' you
The race is not won in the first corner – be patient on the first few corners.
You must make every effort to avoid collisions, this would include going off track.

Two words to think about - Patience and Awareness.

Be gentlemanly,polite and respectful.
Respect the stewards and Admin.

Persistent, careless, abusive driving could result in a Permanent ban from GBRC.

Last edited:
Glad to see you guys coming back to GT7. PS5 only is the way to go...been working good for my series. Wish I could have participated more in the ACC series you had....just couldnt keep up with the practice required for a weekly series. Hope you get a good roster going. See you guys around.

Thanks for popping in llNovall,Yeah ACC is too hardcore for me and now the lobbies have settled i can start racing GT7 again.
We have a few drivers but would like some more regulars to start a series. i will update the OP with the current driver roster, thanks for reminding me :)
Hope to chat soon.

Hi @Hodd10
We cater to all driver levels and provide help if needed, we also are a welcoming community of drivers with varying abilities.
You will soon get quicker when you practise with other drivers, especially if there a little quicker.
To get Started add Me : GBRC-Lunchbox and GBRC-Cokebloke to you friends on PSN.
We are the two main drivers who host lobbies and you are free to join us online anytime were on.
Also make sure you have the two main cars in OP so we can get you racing.

Were on throughout the week for an hour or two from 6:30pm
But were all online Thursdays and Sundays 8pm-10pm.

Thanks for getting in contact and look forward to meeting you soon.

Hi @Hodd10
We cater to all driver levels and provide help if needed, we also are a welcoming community of drivers with varying abilities.
You will soon get quicker when you practise with other drivers, especially if there a little quicker.
To get Started add Me : GBRC-Lunchbox and GBRC-Cokebloke to you friends on PSN.
We are the two main drivers who host lobbies and you are free to join us online anytime were on.
Also make sure you have the two main cars in OP so we can get you racing.

Were on throughout the week for an hour or two from 6:30pm
But were all online Thursdays and Sundays 8pm-10pm.

Thanks for getting in contact and look forward to meeting you soon.
I'll certainly add you guys. I'll get purchasing the vehicles and hope to get online this Thursday. Looking forward to it!

I'll certainly add you guys. I'll get purchasing the vehicles and hope to get online this Thursday. Looking forward to it!
The aim is to have fun and enjoy the racing i will ask GBRC-Cokebloke to use the Mini on Thursday. It offers some close racing and is easy to drive, unfortunately i'm working evenings this week so cant make Thursday but the other drivers will look after you.
I will be on Sunday if you can make it.

Great racing for sure. Good to race with others who are sensible and not sticking the nose in the slightest gap. I need to get up to speed but that will come. The old brain takes a little time warm up!

Great racing for sure. Good to race with others who are sensible and not sticking the nose in the slightest gap. I need to get up to speed but that will come. The old brain takes a little time warm up!
Glad you enjoyed it 👍 Was working Thursday but me and the guys will be on Sunday if you are about.
How did you find the Mini? We might try the Mazda around Atlanta on Sunday.

We have a gentlemanly approach to racing and try to be cautious has possible.
The aim is to enjoy the racing even if you're battling at the lower positions, having a good honest battle always brings a smile to my face no matter what position i'm in.

@morfei1 the rest of the guys will be on Sunday has a few are on holiday or had commitments. Would be nice if you can make it.

Mini was great. Coming from dailies where its all race cars it was a refreshing change.

Sunday I'm 50/50 depending on how the F1 is going. A dull race and I'll be on. The Mazda round RA?. Sounds a great combo!

Evening... I've sent a friend request to both Lunchbox and Cokebloke. I'm a Grumpy-Mancunian looking for some clean racing fun.

Evening... I've sent a friend request to both Lunchbox and Cokebloke. I'm a Grumpy-Mancunian looking for some clean racing fun.
Sent a friend request, i mislaid your first request.
Welcome and enjoy the racing.

I've spent the last couple of evenings being mentored by Mr Lunchbox. Tremendously helpful and an absolute hoot. If you're looking for a mature and clean place to race I would highly recommend dipping your toe here. I will be joining my first race proper this evening - I might not be the fastest, but damn if my car ain't gonna turn some heads...

Attachments

• gbrcm2b.jpg
    gbrcm2b.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7
  • GBRCM3a.jpg
    GBRCM3a.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 5
  • GBRCM3c.jpg
    GBRCM3c.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 5
Thank you all for a cracking evening's racing. Top laugh too. I'll post a couple of pics soon.
Glad you enjoyed tonight's racing, getting quicker and quicker nice and clean too that's what we're looking for.
Feel free to join through the week besides the Thursdays and Sundays.

A few quick snaps...

Attachments

• GBRC4.jpg
    GBRC4.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 11
  • gbrc3.jpg
    gbrc3.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 11
  • gbrc1.jpg
    gbrc1.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 11
  • GBRC2.jpg
    GBRC2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 11
Just seen this. I replied in your main thread. Jason I'll be around tomorrow evening if you wanna joins whoever's around for some casual stuff. You'll need the PSN online subscription thing - I have the cheapest one and it works for me... you'll need to add one or more of us as friends to find your way to the lobby... If you haven't got a headset, you might want to consider investing - good comms is all part of the fun...

Back