Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.45 Released, Fixes BOP Issue Ahead of GT World Series

• Thread starter Famine
  • 17 comments
Bit of an odd question: is it known why correcting some numbers for one already existing car requires 356 megabytes of data to download?
Sometimes even small changes need a bigger amount of data. It’s not as simple as to change only a couple of numbers by patching in some kb of data.
It always depends on the games structure. Sometimes for little changes a couple of hundred Mb or even Gb are needed.

356 Mb shouldn’t be a problem with a solid internet connection.

Last edited:
Don't you hate it when the coders wait until you get into the middle of your 4 hours of sleep before announcing and then launching an update?

Last edited:
No. Not even a little bit. Do you wake up every morning hating something or just today?
Since you haven't been here long, I'll explain that it is an inside joke with @Famine, who always seems to be away from the keyboard when PD decides to do an update, especially an out-of-sequence one or one that could be on either the 4th or 5th Thursday of the month.

Bit of an odd question: is it known why correcting some numbers for one already existing car requires 356 megabytes of data to download?
In addition to the above answers, PD have been known to ship WIP code in these emergency bugfix updates; most notably there was a change to the weather radar that got silently added in an update that was meant to just fix a specific crash.

What they need to change is the FFB and the deadzone with major clipping in your whee,l and also the setup on your car on bop when you enter the game it goes back to default setup..

**** POLYPHONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOST MY PROGRESS OF THE GT WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!
I WAS RACING FOR ABOUT 6 HOURS BECAUSE OF MY ****IN' BROKEN CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!
**** UPDATES!!!!!!!
Блядь!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my bad English, but I've been getting mad at this update.

I LOST MY PROGRESS OF THE GT WORLD SERIES!
But... it doesn't begin until April 17th?

As for "bad English", that's not particularly an issue, but I'd certainly suggest toning it down on the all-caps rant front. It might also help work out what the precise issue is here, as the update wouldn't cause any loss of progress except for a race you were doing when the servers went offline and there's no race longer than about an hour - certainly not six, unless you had it on pause for five.

**** POLYPHONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOST MY PROGRESS OF THE GT WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!
I WAS RACING FOR ABOUT 6 HOURS BECAUSE OF MY ****IN' BROKEN CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!
**** UPDATES!!!!!!!
Блядь!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my bad English, but I've been getting mad at this update.
This is some Yuki Tsunoda-type communication. Were you racing in a 6h custom race over the time that the servers went down? Or do you mean that you were completing the single-player final championship event? Maybe we can help explain your situation a bit better with more info.

So...

This microscopic update took 30 minutes to fully download and install, while last week's update took less than 10 minutes despite being much, much more bigger. And everytime a minor patch shows up, the exact same thing happens.

Any recommendations for this? Or has anybody suffered the same problem?

Hi all, first post here…
Any one lost ffb on fanatec wheel (dd pro) since update? Working with acc and F12, I have zero feel of anything now.

Last edited:
Back