GT League -- Amateur -- Nostalgic 1979 race

• Thread starter sagosac
  • 11 comments
Germany
Germany
Guys,
I have problems to understand where I can post here what, so I just do it this way.
Is it possible that these cars cannot be trimmed "stiff", in a modern sense ?
Dino and De Tomaso feel dodgy and I worry that the others won't be any better.
Advice ?

https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Nostalgic_1979

you can only use a select number of classic Group X race cars here.

You cannot use the Ferrari Dino or De Tomaso Pantera here.

The executive summary is that there is one car that really dominates this series and that's the Ferrari 330p4... unfortunately its $20 mil.

You also dont need to worry about tuning or upgrades in the 330... its legendary out of the box.

The Amateur League Nostalgia event is for non-race cars, I would suggest the '66 GT40 Mark 1.

For the Professional League races as @TonyJZX says, it's got to be the 330 P4.
THX !
When pumping up the Power-Ratio to the very max, it works w the Dino ... so, I was too sportive I guess.
I will earmark your advice !
THX
s

https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Nostalgic_Car_Festival

Ah this one. I dont even remember it. Its N400 and only a few laps. The Miura would kill it but who has $15 mil.?

I never tried the Dino much given that it tops out at n300 but I suppose with a tune it'll do it given the AI is so tragic at this level (except say Tokyo or Monza or any power circuit).

The Pantera is fine stock. However I think both would do well with a tune from praiano or HSG.

If you like American cars the Super Bee and Camaro Z28 would rock this one.

The Ford GT40 is $2,8 mil and like the Miura is overkill for amateur level.

Thank you guy, Merci und Dankeschön.
Well, the Dino is changing from oversteer to understeer and vice versa in virtually every single corner.
That's what I mean with "dodgy" -- no matter how I adjust the anti-rollbars !
When driving straight forward and relieving the pressure from the steering, it will start to oscillate from left to right, increasingly.

OK, the Pantera is a bit better, but also nothing like fun.
Generally: is there a way to make driving these beautiful cars also fun ???

I'd be suggesting an FR car like the Camaro Z28.

MR cars like the Pantera will always be dicey given its a 1970s mid engine car.

This should work on the Pantera but sometimes its not a magic bullet.

In the Amateur Nostalgic Festival (the N400 races, not the Gr.X ones), I noticed all opponents are on Sports Hard tires, but restriction is Sports Soft or less.

Should I be able to win on Sports Hard, or do I need to switch to Sports Soft tires ?

Will the events become too easy on Sports Soft tires ? I won Tsukuba in the Ferrari 512 BB stock with Sports Hard tires, but will need more power for tracks with longer straights.

I tried Brands Hatch with an upgraded Ferrari 365 GTB4 (on Sports Hard) and got 2nd and 3rd places, but still lack a win.

I've got around 15 Million credits, so buying the Ford GT40 Mark I '66 at 2.8 Million credits is not a problem (lots of Mileage Points also). Should I be able to win with a stock Mark I on Sports Hard ? If not, should I switch to Sports Soft or upgrade the car ? (I don't want the easiest way to win, but rather an option that will allow me to enhance my racing skills).

Thanks !

Yves

In the Amateur Nostalgic Festival (the N400 races, not the Gr.X ones), I noticed all opponents are on Sports Hard tires, but restriction is Sports Soft or less.

Should I be able to win on Sports Hard, or do I need to switch to Sports Soft tires ?

Will the events become too easy on Sports Soft tires ? I won Tsukuba in the Ferrari 512 BB stock with Sports Hard tires, but will need more power for tracks with longer straights.

I tried Brands Hatch with an upgraded Ferrari 365 GTB4 (on Sports Hard) and got 2nd and 3rd places, but still lack a win.

I've got around 15 Million credits, so buying the Ford GT40 Mark I '66 at 2.8 Million credits is not a problem (lots of Mileage Points also). Should I be able to win with a stock Mark I on Sports Hard ? If not, should I switch to Sports Soft or upgrade the car ? (I don't want the easiest way to win, but rather an option that will allow me to enhance my racing skills).

Thanks !

Yves

The AI is quite slow in this game, so it's certainly possible to beat them on hard tires.

Last edited:
I've beaten them all with the Corvette Stingray Racer Concept 1959

Only 5 million

Last edited by a moderator:
Back