GT7 at Gamescom 2014?

• Thread starter Soulbaker
  • 77 comments
10 millions of people bought GT5 and only 1/4 of them bought GT6 (2.39M). The majority of them played the game for a couple of weeks, said "But it is GT5.1 ?!" and put the game in a closet. The only one that kept playing this game is us ! And how many are we ? 10k ? 100K ?

If you were Kaz, do you prefer to try to satisfy 100k players or reconquer 10M players with the most beautiful car game ever made ?

IMO, they should release a simple course maker (just to not be called liars) and "abandon" GT6...
So do you really expect all 10 million people to buy another GT game then? What'll keep it from being "GT5.2?" Also, it'll take a lot more than beautiful graphics for the game to sell 10 million copies.

And those 100 million will of course all have PS4's won't they?

GT3(15M sold) came out only 1 year after the PS2. A lot of people bought the PS2 for this game and the console was more expensive than the PS4 (put in touch cost of living).

GT3(15M sold) came out only 1 year after the PS2. A lot of people bought the PS2 for this game and the console was more expensive than the PS4 (putin touch cost of living).

Not relavant. That was a much more cheaper affordable generation. It was $299 (quick google reveals) and that is £177 (granted exchange rate difference) with £30-£40, in no way comparable to a PS4 costing £350 with games of £50.

So do you really expect all 10 million people to buy another GT game then? What'll keep it from being "GT5.2?" Also, it'll take a lot more than beautiful graphics for the game to sell 10 million copies.

I will not buy GT7 if it's only beautiful, but 90% of buyer will do.

Not relavant. That was a much more cheaper affordable generation. It was $299 (quick google reveals) and that is £177 (granted exchange rate difference) with £30-£40, in no way comparable to a PS4 costing £350 with games of £50.

In 2000 the PS2 price in France was 450€, the PS4 was 399€... I think that a lot of people have the money to buy the PS4, they're just waiting for NEW games and GT7 could be one of them.

Btw, I just checked and Sony already sold 9M of PS4...

If it's anything like GT6 they should take there time and get it right..bugs, lag, frame rate and all the rest of the flaws to warrant me going out spending money on a ps4, a new wheel that supports the ps4 (as the dfgt doesnt)

No. We won't see GT7 until at least next year... at the earliest.

...if Kaz's "GT7 in 2017" is to be believed.
GT7. Coming in 2017 and be believed. :mischievous: lol

Oh wait, no it's not. It's coming in 2020 for that ugly futuristic GT-R from Nissan's VGT. :sly:

How about we stop expecting any huge presence of GT7 for the rest of 2014? Its been clear since E3 that Sony is not at all going to be doing any promoting for GT7 this year. 2015 or 2016 is when I would start expecting any actual official promoting for GT7.

Back