How do I get snow tires?

• Thread starter BAB10
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I am on collector level 30 with 78 cars and 25,904,450 points but can’t seem get to the next race because it says I need 1274 points to get to the next collector level. I need to get snow tires to race the rest of my courses but can’t get into garages because they have not opened up for me. How do I get access to snow tires to purchase?

Buy and win cars to increase your collectors level. Finish the menu books and then grind Le Mans, Spa and Sardegna for whatever other cars you want to buy.

I am on collector level 30 with 78 cars and 25,904,450 points but can’t seem get to the next race because it says I need 1274 points to get to the next collector level. I need to get snow tires to race the rest of my courses but can’t get into garages because they have not opened up for me. How do I get access to snow tires to purchase?
So... there's a few things here.

Firstly, 25,904,450 points but only Collector Level 30?! You should top out at just over a five-hundredth of that! I hope you mean credits :lol:

If so, Collector Level increases by buying cars, so buy cars with your 25.9m credits to increase your Collector Level. A car worth 1,274,000cr will get you the points you're after... but...

... the Tuning Shop opens up at Menu Book 3, and the Extreme section which houses the Snow Tyres unlocks at Collector Level 7. You are well, well past that and should have no trouble accessing it.

1712418629609.png

1712418651625.png

I'm not sure what "can't get into garages because they have not opened up for me" means: Garage unlocks right at the start of the game after you buy your first (used) car. Other than circuits which unlock with Cafe Menu progress, barely anything is unavailable past Collector Level 30 (Ultimate tuning being one of them, along with some Bonus Menu Books).

Additionally, there's no snow races in the GT Cafe career mode at all, because the single snow circuit wasn't introduced until November 2023; it only appears in the Bonus Menu Book #50, Jimny Cup, and that's not required to progress in the game. You shouldn't need snow tyres to make further progress anywhere, except mopping up the final few races once you've done everything else.

Back