how do you get the MC2 steering wheel to work?

• Thread starter AE86Driver
  • 10 comments
hey guys,I was just wondering if any of you knew how to get the pedals to work on the MC2 steering wheel.I've got the pedals plugged into the side of the steering wheel,and they show up on the steering wheel as they're working,but..instead,I have to use the X button on the wheel in order to go,and my stick shift doesn't work either -_-..can any of you please give me a link to instructions or something,or please share your information,if you know,or have this steering wheel as well,thank you

AE86Driver

What game are you using with the wheel? Some games might not support the pedals or the stick shift.

Yeah, it probably doesn't support it. I think the only wheels that are fully compatible with GT3 are the ones from Logitec and Thrustmaster.

Mad Catz? They work(VZ you are waaa-rong :) )with GT3.

MC's stuff is crappy though, I have a MC for PSX, and it never worked right, kept cutting out or switching buttons and crap....it's in pieces in the basement...same with my V3 wheel set for PC that the return spring on the wheel broke while I was racing.

Now if Sony made a wheel and pedal set, there would be something.

I never said Mad Catz's wheels don't work with GT3. I said that they were NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE.

ohh I stand corrected.
monkey.gif

Well, atleast they would back it up with a warrenty and everything would work right, after all, they made the system...

To get the pedals working you have to set the controls for accelerate and brake as analog up and down in the options cause the accelerate and brake really are analog controls.

For the shifter, the only way I got it working was to program up and down (on the shifter) as R2 and L2 and set the shift up and down accordingly (in the options). The shifter didn't work when set using R1 and L1. Problem is, on the centre d-pad, up and down no longer work so you have to program the butterfly buttons or something else as R1 and L1.

If anyone has a better way I'd love to hear it.

hey guys,I was just wondering if any of you knew how to get the pedals to work on the MC2 steering wheel.I've got the pedals plugged into the side of the steering wheel,and they show up on the steering wheel as they're working,but..instead,I have to use the X button on the wheel in order to go,and my stick shift doesn't work either -_-..can any of you please give me a link to instructions or something,or please share your information,if you know,or have this steering wheel as well,thank you

AE86Driver
Make sure the controller is plugged in.
Open Device Manager and locate the device.
Right-click the device and select "Update driver" from the context menu.
In the wizard, select "Browse my computer for driver software"
Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
From the list of device classes, select "Universal Serial Bus devices"
The wizard should now display "WinUsb Device" on the left, click on it, and then choose "WinUsb Device" from the list on the right.
A warning might appear about Windows not recommending this driver etc, click "Yes" to continue installing the driver.
If all went well it should say that the "WinUsb Device" was installed successfully.

Back