Interest for a "tuner's championship"?

• Thread starter bduddy
  • 4 comments
United States
Federal Way, WA, USA
Tulipix
I've never organized or run a championship before, but looking at what's out there, and what this game is... Well, I like driving Gr.3 and 4 cars as much as the next person, but GT is supposed to be about road cars, about tuning! But there's so little of that out there. I've been thinking for a little while about a championship I could run, with some of these ideas...

• No specific cars for any race, no BoP/tuning restriction
  • Mostly road cars, maybe 1-2 races where race cars could be relevant
  • Every race with different requirements, PP or maybe power/weight, with stuff like country, drivetrain, aspiration also possible combinations
  • Full car rules revealed only a short time before each race (maybe an hour?) to equalize people with different amounts of time to spend, and prevent a "meta" from forming
  • Races maybe around an hour, likely requiring at least one pit stop, trying to make both tires and fuel relevant
  • Maaaybe a small (small!) prize? If I get a new job...
Does this sound like something people might be interested in?

Last edited:
You're going to have to use BoP because if you don't then the outcome would be so lopsided that people will quit out of frustration. Every race in the real world uses some form of car equalization (BoP), otherwise the race would be boring because one or two cars would blow the rest away.

You're going to have to use BoP because if you don't then the outcome would be so lopsided that people will quit out of frustration. Every race in the real world uses some form of car equalization (BoP), otherwise the race would be boring because one or two cars would blow the rest away.
I think you're missing the entire point.

PP or maybe power/weight
I generally like all the freedom no matter the outcome, but power/weight or min weight is very restrictiv to some cars that could simply be fun and competitive in my opinion (I simply like Stratos ;)).

Also when choosing PP, you need to carefully consider not doing 600pp, 700pp, 800pp as there is a huge chance of encountering well known beasts of a car because of the grind races at these specific limits, and you propably need to create different rules to stray away from these known beaters, like 600pp, forced racing hard or something like that.

I generally like all the freedom no matter the outcome, but power/weight or min weight is very restrictiv to some cars that could simply be fun and competitive in my opinion (I simply like Stratos ;)).

Also when choosing PP, you need to carefully consider not doing 600pp, 700pp, 800pp as there is a huge chance of encountering well known beasts of a car because of the grind races at these specific limits, and you propably need to create different rules to stray away from these known beaters, like 600pp, forced racing hard or something like that.
Right, I was thinking about that stuff. I was thinking about maybe just, don't use round numbers? Gonna be hard to use a meta car when you have to hit 563 PP, for example.

Back