John Lingenfelter - dead.

• Thread starter Josh
  • 28 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my... the same Lingenfelter who has delivered winners in all three of C/D's supercar tests? (August '98, September '01, September '02) That's really sad... any news on how he died?

Oh no, and on Christmas day, too! I really feel for his family, that must be terrible.

Originally posted by Fenrir51
Should i know this guy or care? nahhh
Great attitude you have there. :rolleyes: For you information, Lingenfelter was one of the best car tuners in the world... just look at those issues of C/D that I noted above... his work was amazing. You should watch what you say – What you did was the equivalent of barging in on a mourning service and yelling, "Who cares that he's dead?!".

Originally posted by Sage
any news on how he died?

From injuries he received in a drag racing accident in Pomona, California, back in Oct. of 2002.

Should i know this guy or care? nahhh

Do yourself a favor, and grow up. Would you want someone saying something like that if you posted about one of your parents, or someone important to you, dying? I didn't think so.

Originally posted by Josh

Do yourself a favor, and grow up. Would you want someone saying something like that if you posted about one of your parents, or someone important to you, dying? I didn't think so.

I wouldnt care what they said because i have grown up and people die all the time and when you single them out all of a sudden he is a god to everyone! And then if you dont know him and care that makes you bad. pl-ease.

I wouldnt care what they said because i have grown up and people die all the time and when you single them out all of a sudden he is a god to everyone! And then if you dont know him and care that makes you bad. pl-ease.
Well, maybe he accomplished a lot and led a decent life, thus he deserves, you know, respect? Sheesh. And I don't care if you don't know or care who he was... I care about the fact that you posted in this thread, specifically stating it. There are times when you should and shouldn't speak, and that was a time you shouldn't have.

Anyway, bickering aside... are there plans for whoever's going to take over the operation? Someone's gotta keep making those lovely toys. :D

Originally posted by Sage

Anyway, bickering aside... are there plans for whoever's going to take over the operation? Someone's gotta keep making those lovely toys. :D

His kids, if he has any, will most likely take care of that. It's a true shame...

Originally posted by lsk8er
How old was he?

Originally posted by Assclown
people die all the time and when you single them out all of a sudden he is a god to everyone! And then if you dont know him and care that makes you bad. pl-ease.

He's not a god to everyone just because he died. He was, in a sense, a god to the automotive industry, though. He created some of the fastest, and most incredible, cars I've ever seen. And not knowing him doesn't make you bad - saying stuff like, "Should i know this guy or care? nahhh," does, however.

Oh boohoo the world is full of bad people i dont care if you think im one of them.

Next time you quote someone get the name right too.

Oh, sorry. Fixed.

Please, take your negativity elsewhere.

Oh boohoo the world is full of bad people i dont care if you think im one of them.

There is no need for that. And you haven't grown up. Just because you're 18 years old does not mean you're an adult. And just because you have a negative comment, or just dont give a crap, then perhaps you should consider posting somewhere else. If I went around posting 'who cares' in every single drifter thread, then I would have a lot more posts than I have now. If you can't keep things like this to yourself, chances are, you will get yourself banned.

oh damn... its REALLY, REALLY SAD. this dude made some of the coolest cars in the world and gave american performance a name. he will be thoroughly missed. :(

Cano

and Fenrir... you are pretty ridiculous, really. I pity you.

Originally posted by ShobThaBob
If you can't keep things like this to yourself, chances are, you will get yourself banned.

Oh no ill get banned *gasp* This is a forum people post their opinions here I did. :lol: Now Bob go back to posting your one sentence posts in other threads to get a bigger post count.

Hah, that's really funny, because it sure looks like my post has just a little more than one line. And if you don't want to be a productive member of this online community, then why don't you just save us the trouble, and leave.

Oh no ill get banned *gasp* This is a forum people post their opinions here I did. :lol: Now Bob go back to posting your one sentence posts in other threads to get a bigger post count.
As a moderator, I ask that you stop this nonsense right now or risk going in the direction of banning.

I for one won't be coming to YOUR funeral.

But lets face it, who will?

For cripe's sake... I'm sorry that a thread commemorating someone's great life had to be closed, but the behavior in this thread is appalling.

Once again, best of wishes to Mr. Lingenfelter's family, and let's hope that his company keeps producing their astounding world-class cars. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back