KA-CHING Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 18 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
U.S.A.
I'm sure that many of you have experienced the multiplying costs (as in pay to play) of car games and especially in phone apps. It seems to be spreading likewise to console car gaming world of late. I understand completely that the powers that be of these car games have every right to make money on their hard work, however, it's becoming overdone and very greedy of late imho and becoming excessive money grabs. With that said, I wonder what the actual money costs will be to play GT7 to the "fullest" considering the game itself, driving wheel and pedals, PS5 (PS4 save it, I get it), 4K TV, download pay content for cars or circuits, and the like, etc etc etc. I'm a avid retro Gran Turismo type guy having all the series from GT6 and prior. I have and enjoy tons of cars and circuits that I love along with graphics and physics that are just fine for me, cause after all it's just a game, or at least it was suppose to be. So For me I'm gonna save thousands of dollars the way I see it and continue playing GT retro style. Maybe with the money I will save I'll use it for a large down payment on a "real" new truck. Besides it seems they dropped my fav car from the new GT7 game (the Mercedes C 63 AMG). What say you ?

Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08 Tuned-At Nürburgring Nordschleife 29.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what the actual money costs will be to play GT7 to the "fullest" considering the game itself, driving wheel and pedals, PS5 (PS4 save it, I get it), 4K TV, download pay content for cars or circuits, and the like, etc etc etc.
You don't need a wheel, you don't need a PS5, you don't need a 4K TV and even if you did, it has other uses, it's not solely used for GT7.

There was no paid car/track DLC for GT Sport, it remains to be seen whether there will be for 7.

PS4… I get it as I already mentioned that in my post… I just don’t see the avid GT’er playing what seems to be internally a sophisticated complex pro type car game on a old Motorola CRT with a hand held. It’s not rocket science to see ahead that all the DLC is, in all likely hood, are gonna be big bucks for deep pockets to recover costs of the games development etc… cause how else are they going to turn a profit other than benefits that might be in the deal from Sony cause of the PS5.

Ps Lol on the game cost only post or spam… totally ridiculous as your post is just irresponsible argumentative spam. I’ll just assume like magic you will play the game on a old hi-fi lol. If one believes that the disk is the only cost I have some beach front property for sale in Nevada Lol

Last edited:
It’s not rocket science to see ahead that all the DLC is, in all likely hood, gonna be big bucks for deep pockets to recover costs of the games development etc… cause how else are they going to turn a profit other than benefits that might be in the deal from Sony cause of the PS5.
Firsty, GT Sport contained no paid DLC vehicles* or tracks at all. Neither did GT6. That's a decade without "big bucks for deep pockets to recover costs of the games development" (sic).

More importantly though, you dramatically misunderstand the financial relationship. Sony owns PD. Sony gives PD money to make GT, and all proceeds go back to Sony. PD doesn't make profits (or money) on game or DLC sales at all, and it doesn't get "benefits... from Sony".

Other than that, everything you wrote makes perfect... actually no, it's all weird ramblings. GT7 costs what the sticker on the box (or website) says, not "thousands of dollars".

*There were some cars contained in the Lewis Hamilton DLC, but they were cosmetically altered versions of existing cars awarded only for completion

*There were some cars contained in the Lewis Hamilton DLC, but they were cosmetically altered versions of existing cars awarded only for completion
Apparently it's only the LH Edition of the Mercedes-AMG VGT Racing Series that is perhaps the only car you really have to pay for (technically speaking), but you can't have it unless you get all "diamond" medals in the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge, which is in essence, if you're really mad enough to beat Lewis Hamilton's lap times (which is extremely difficult, but somehow possible with a controller, if only you're REALLY lucky and fast enough).

And that's... pretty much it. It's optional for you to buy cars with real money (microtransactions), as you can normally get them with in-game currency, but that option is for those who are lazy to grind and are actually crazy enough to spend a pretty penny on these cars.

Last edited:
cause how else are they going to turn a profit other than benefits that might be in the deal from Sony cause of the PS5.
This makes no sense at all as PD are a whole owned part of Sony.

They could literally run GT7 as a loss leader if they like, while it will almost certainly turn a profit without DLC, it doesn't actually need to. In exactly the same way the Forza series doesn't need to.

What ever boss man… thank God for Jason…
Who, I fear to ask, is Jason?

What ever boss man… thank God for Jason…
See, this is also weird ramblings. You've not quoted anyone, so nobody has any idea what you're responding to, and who on Earth is "Jason"?

PS4… I get it as I already mentioned that in my post… I just don’t see the avid GT’er playing what seems to be internally a sophisticated complex pro type car game on a old Motorola CRT with a hand held. It’s not rocket science to see ahead that all the DLC is, in all likely hood, are gonna be big bucks for deep pockets to recover costs of the games development etc… cause how else are they going to turn a profit other than benefits that might be in the deal from Sony cause of the PS5.

Ps Lol on the game cost only post or spam… totally ridiculous as your post is just irresponsible argumentative spam. I’ll just assume like magic you will play the game on a old hi-fi lol. If one believes that the disk is the only cost I have some beach front property for sale in Nevada Lol
So what are you saying, that despite video games being in HD since 2006, full HD since 2013, you still don't have any kind of HD display and will need one solely for GT7?

See, this is also weird ramblings. You've not quoted anyone, so nobody has any idea what you're responding to, and who on Earth is "Jason"?
Has Jordan now taken up another alter-ego?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t some of you the same guys who attacked this good ol American for my belief in God in another thread on this site… must be the far left.
In the world that exists outside the US, a belief in God and not being left-wing are not inextricable linked.

Oh and no-one attacked you for it, you simply didn't like it that people (of all political persuasions) disagreed with you when you attacked them for holding a different world view (all going to burn - ring any bells), so you lashed out with inaccurate stereotypes, demonstrated an lack of knowledge of your own religious texts and flounced away from the thread.

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t some of you the same guys who attacked this good ol American for my belief in God in another thread on this site… must be the far left.
I'm 100% confident I've never attacked anyone on this site for their religious beliefs.
So what are you saying, that despite video games being in HD since 2006, full HD since 2013, you still don't have any kind of HD display and will need one solely for GT7?
I'm saving money and playing on a Motorola CRT. I assumed everyone was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back