Let's do a sector time challenge.

• Thread starter Talentless
  • 21 comments

Talentless

Yes, I am still alive.
Staff Emeritus
WFG9
We'll all (but me) race the same car and setup (stock) and see how we do at a course.

Sector times must be from a full lap from lap 2 or later.

Race 1.

car: cusco subaru

course: Autumn Ring.

Race2

car: Ford GT40

couse: Grindewhatever

race 3

car: Opel tigra ice racer thingie. (i'm bad with names)

course: midfield

1st for a sector get 10 pts; 2nd, 5 pts, 3rd, 2.5 pts; remaining, 1pt. The scores are added together to decide the winner.

I will not be able to participate.

please use the messenger service of this forum to notify me of your interest and to send me times. I will list the results.

First race is on friday    by 5 pm eastern
second sunday              same
3rd tues.                   same

(Edited by Talentless at 12:56 pm on May 30, 2001)

In case anybody was wondering (Fangio...), just click on the Message button on the bar next to Talentless' name to send him a private message.

Ok, so the cars must be bought totally stock and no mods whatsoever.  None.  Period.  Not even tires?
Sounds good.  
Ill try to make an effort to do this.  No guarantees.  
When you say first race is no Friday, does that mean it needs to be completed by then?  Ill try my best to have by then.  

Does second sunday mean the second race will be the next Sunday, or like the second sunday of the month or something?

By the way, is it this coming Friday (June 1) we need to have this done?

1st race on friday
2nd race on sunday
3rd race on tuesday

You may buy and equip mods (top price mods only) (includes SS tires) but you may not change the settings.

So You would have to by a mod, even if you think it will slow you down, if it is the most expensive version of a part, and keep it equipped.

(Edited by Talentless at 3:49 am on May 31, 2001)

Yeah, I get it too.  It seems to just keep it stock.  BTW, the top tire mod is the simulated tires.  Let us keep the super soft tires and not the sim tires.  

Quote: from Talentless on 8:48 am on May 31, 2001[br]1st race on friday
2nd race on sunday
3rd race on tuesday

You may buy and equip mods (top price mods only) (includes SS tires) but you may not change the settings.

So You would have to by a mod, even if you think it will slow you down, if it is the most expensive version of a part, and keep it equipped.

(Edited by Talentless at 3:49 am on May 31, 2001)

I think he meant Super Soft by SS.

Ooops...I thought it was 6 PM Eastern!  I'm getting started right away.

We can't adjust downforce or anything, can we?  I didn't, but I went ahead and did the challenge for Autumn Ring.  I'll send them to you, Talentless, in just a minute.

Im in the process of racing now.  Ill post soon.

Cusco Subaru.  I dont have that on my file.  Now what???

Cusco Subaru.  I dont have that on my file.  Now what???

You can find it in the Special section of the Subaru dealer.  I think it was the second one over to the right.

Sorry, but Ive checked and checked and couldnt find.  Ive been to the specials, used and new car section and couldnt find.  

Extended until the day changes over to Thursday in Eastern standard time. All times may be submitted in one message.

Misnblu, are you sure?!  Maybe you have an old version of the game (like 2.0 or something)?  That's weird.

Yes Im sure.  Ive double and triple checked for the car and could not find.
eyes.gif
 I thought I never heard of that car.  I pretty much know all the cars in the manufacturers since Ive played so much of the game and this one isnt in the system.  Thats OK though, Ill be there for the GT40 race.  
roll.gif

Man, that's weird.  Now that you mention it I don't think I've ever seen any mention of it in the game, unless you actually go to it at the Subaru dealer.  When did you get your copy of GT2?

:embarrassed:

I've been working so much on the new GTPlanet.net that I forgot to do this challenge!  I'm really sorry, Talentless, I'll try my best to complete it tomorrow.

I didnt realize that the Cusco Subaru Imprezza was the car I was looking for.  Yes I did find it and the car rocks.  Its handling is sweet as a sugar and so far my best time is about 1:10.  I havent had much time either so I may not complete the challenge.  Real cars are my concern and getting the 97Z ready for autocross has been very time consuming.  Ive started on the 86Z again, so Ive been very busy.  Sorry guys, but real racing is priority right now.  

I understand, it would be mine, too if I were doing it.

Back