New engine or rebuilt?

• Thread starter ZooB18
  • 2 comments
Australia
Brisbane
ZooB18
Hi I want to know if buying a new engine is better than getting one rebuilt,Now I know a new engine restores all upgrades so you'll have buy everything again but I was thinking that as long as an engine hasn't done too many miles or has been used too much a rebuild should be ok can someone let me know please.Cheers

New engine is basically only for when you cannot get under a horsepower/pp limit and are dead set on using that car so you need to start over

Engine rebuilds are essentially just an extension of oil changes….just maintenance to keep the car fresh

I have yet to use the new engine service once. I have rebuilt the engines on my vehicles a few times though. Generally I just do it after I’ve put 500-1000 miles on a vehicle

It will say it’s excellent condition still but for like my 94 celica it costs me 40k to rebuild and restore rigidity….and I make plenty of money driving 500 miles + with it

New engine is basically only for when you cannot get under a horsepower/pp limit and are dead set on using that car so you need to start over

Engine rebuilds are essentially just an extension of oil changes….just maintenance to keep the car fresh

I have yet to use the new engine service once. I have rebuilt the engines on my vehicles a few times though. Generally I just do it after I’ve put 500-1000 miles on a vehicle

It will say it’s excellent condition still but for like my 94 celica it costs me 40k to rebuild and restore rigidity….and I make plenty of money driving 500 miles + with it
Cheers appreciate your help.

Latest Posts

Back