Oil Change Notification

QoL would be removing oil change.
Your mechanics-team is doing this anyway, without needing to tell them...
On that point yes, with other minute things like car wash and others.
I respectfully disagree on this point. Only for the fact that it's been a feature in the other GT numbered titles. Used to have to get an oil change for any car you got from the UCD to get a 10-15 hp bump (I can't remember if this was ever explicitly explained or something that was discovered). I don't think the car wash ever did anything practical, but the animations used to be a bit more fun to watch.

There is nothing wrong with a little nostalgia.

These animations for GT Auto in GT7 are underwhelming, with the wide-body conversion being the only exception. They have this nice rendered garage to do something cool and instead you get this boring pouring oil or guy with a sponge.

There is no right or wrong opinion at all, never. Not only because it is not our idea that is implemented in the game.
Just I dont think it should have any impact on the game for the reason I already mentioned before.
If you "rent" your cars for sport mode, you dont have to worry about it at all.
If you use your garage cars - I dont know whether they accumulate wear in sports mode or not.
But having to worry about it is not the job of the driver or the team manager (which both jobs are included into the player), but the mechanics you are telling - I want the car to be stiffer, and I want this part installed ;)

And I also think, there are better parts for keeping nostalgia alive, but obviously PD had other ideas: racing modifications to all or most of the road cars, tracks in the game, some certian cars in the game, we all would find something that is dear to us that is either still in the game to our liking or hasnt found its return this time (or for a longer period).

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree on this point. Only for the fact that it's been a feature in the other GT numbered titles. Used to have to get an oil change for any car you got from the UCD to get a 10-15 hp bump (I can't remember if this was ever explicitly explained or something that was discovered). I don't think the car wash ever did anything practical, but the animations used to be a bit more fun to watch.

These animations for GT Auto in GT7 are underwhelming, with the wide-body conversion being the only exception. They have this nice rendered garage to do something cool and instead you get this boring pouring oil or guy with a sponge.

Give me a maintenance plan where this is all taken care off automatically 😂

And while we’re at it, let me get cars on leasing 😝

Only simpletons think every opinion is valid.
Opinions are just that: opinions.
They cant carry either of the binary options of right or wrong, because then it would either be fact or untrue.
Opinions can well be discussed over and you can say it is a good one or a bad one, but they can simply never be anything else and every person is entitled to having opinions and voicing them.

I only played GT1 and 2 before I got in to GT7, so I skipped all the original oil change/car wash/etc. implementation in the early titles. That said, I do find it strange that the game expects you to manually change the oil in your car and get it washed every once in a while because apparently this stuff breaks down, but when you buy a set of racing hard tires you seemingly have an infinite supply of them that you never need to go back and buy more. It doesn't matter how many races you run or how many tire changes you make. Your tires supply never runs out. If you buy a paint color or a set of wheels you can paint every car in your garage with that color or don every car with that same set of wheels yet you only purchase them once. Uhhh... what???

I can understand wanting to implement some "realism" in to a racing game (it's kind of cool, actually) but why half ass it by making you get annoying oil changes every once in a while, but a major real world wear and tear item like tires (in a racing game) gets a pass? It would be easy enough to lower the price of tires but state in races where tire wear is on that you are required to have, for example, 3 sets of tires to compete in this race. So it actually costs you, say 600, credits to enter the race. You already have the race shop right there on the screen where you can purchase more tires and not have to go through all the menus to buy them. Maybe based on your skill level, or menu book level, difficulty setting, etc. PD could come up with a way of offering you a "sponsorship" with Bridgestone, Pirelli or Dunlop (whoever they have as a sponsor of the actual game) where you may get a discount on tire prices or if you place well enough in a race (say you podium or even win) you get 5 free sets of racing tires for promoting the brand.

If all that is too complicated, then PD should just implement a "perform scheduled maintenance" option where you get an oil change, freshen up the suspension, the engine, etc. and you get 10 sets of tires. Say it costs 50k credits (likely would vary depending on the PP level or class of vehicle) and you are required to perform it every ~1000 miles you put on a car. That would feel a bit more realistic for a racing game. At least real-world wear and tear occurs on your vehicle and you are required to perform maintenance to keep your car in tip top shape. Either that or remove all maintenance. Oil changes don't make any sense if you don't require any other maintenance on your high performance racing machine.

Last edited:
Opinions are just that: opinions.
They cant carry either of the binary options of right or wrong, because then it would either be fact or untrue.
Opinions can well be discussed over and you can say it is a good one or a bad one, but they can simply never be anything else and every person is entitled to having opinions and voicing them.
Absolutely false.

For example, some people have the opinion that "______ people shouldn't have rights simply by virtue of who they are." That opinion is always wrong and people who say it out loud should be ostracized for that view.

Absolutely false.

For example, some people have the opinion that "______ people shouldn't have rights simply by virtue of who they are." That opinion is always wrong and people who say it out loud should be ostracized for that view.
It’s your opinion that they are always wrong, it’s not actually a fact. The reason why it’s not a fact is because their statement is not a falsifiable one so there is no way to objectively determine whether it’s right or wrong.

You can say that they are wrong from a moral standpoint (depending on your own values), but you can’t objectively say that they are wrong.

Absolutely false.

There is a reason why I used the words "fact" or "untrue".
Something I say can either be tested on the basis of being fact or untrue, then it cant be an opinion.
Something I say that can not be tested like this is always an opinion.

Testing something on a morale ground is not scientifically fact or untrue but instead right or wrong in the sense of a social definition.
Physics are fact, not opinions.
The existence of religions is fact.
The believe in god, even by scientists is existing and verifiably untrue, but a decision that every person can change at any time.
A statement that I make about BEV bing junk is an opinion - as long as I dont make any definition that can be tested
A statement that you make about "__ people" is an opinion that can be challenged by social constrainments, making it a racial insult for example.

I only played GT1 and 2 before I got in to GT7, so I skipped all the original oil change/car wash/etc. implementation in the early titles. That said, I do find it strange that the game expects you to manually change the oil in your car and get it washed every once in a while because apparently this stuff breaks down, but when you buy a set of racing hard tires you seemingly have an infinite supply of them that you never need to go back and buy more. It doesn't matter how many races you run or how many tire changes you make. Your tires supply never runs out. If you buy a paint color or a set of wheels you can paint every car in your garage with that color or don every car with that same set of wheels yet you only purchase them once. Uhhh... what???

I can understand wanting to implement some "realism" in to a racing game (it's kind of cool, actually) but why half ass it by making you get annoying oil changes every once in a while, but a major real world wear and tear item like tires (in a racing game) gets a pass? It would be easy enough to lower the price of tires but state in races where tire wear is on that you are required to have, for example, 3 sets of tires to compete in this race. So it actually costs you, say 600, credits to enter the race. You already have the race shop right there on the screen where you can purchase more tires and not have to go through all the menus to buy them. Maybe based on your skill level, or menu book level, difficulty setting, etc. PD could come up with a way of offering you a "sponsorship" with Bridgestone, Pirelli or Dunlop (whoever they have as a sponsor of the actual game) where you may get a discount on tire prices or if you place well enough in a race (say you podium or even win) you get 5 free sets of racing tires for promoting the brand.

If all that is too complicated, then PD should just implement a "perform scheduled maintenance" option where you get an oil change, freshen up the suspension, the engine, etc. and you get 10 sets of tires. Say it costs 50k credits (likely would vary depending on the PP level or class of vehicle) and you are required to perform it every ~1000 miles you put on a car. That would feel a bit more realistic for a racing game. At least real-world wear and tear occurs on your vehicle and you are required to perform maintenance to keep your car in tip top shape. Either that or remove all maintenance. Oil changes don't make any sense if you don't require any other maintenance on your high performance racing machine.
I just avoid all that completely by going to Retry -> Settings -> Car Settings after every race and never worry about putting any miles on my cars, needing to change the oil or do any of the other periodic maintenance in GT Auto.

I'd actually like to see oil changes with varying prices. There's no way a Huracan oil change costs the same as a Honda Fit.
I’m 99.9% certain oil change prices do vary depending on the car you’re using when you go to GT Auto for maintenance. I’m not exactly sure how they figure the prices, or if Huracan and Fit prices specifically are the same or not, but I swear I’ve seen oil change prices range anywhere from 300 Cr. to maybe 450 Cr. but I haven’t had to change oil in a long time. It might just be different between road and racing cars.

@Tommy_D Well, slightly annoying, but far less annoying and much faster than changing the oil or doing the other maintenance stuff. shrugs
EDIT: Just realized it may not be faster for PS4 users because of screen loading times on PS4, but on PS5 its takes me about 3 seconds to do.

Last edited:
Personally, I find that glowing light on my dash rather distracting. That whole knowing that my car is down on power makes me push so hard I put it in the wall. For me, I check the HP #s next to the little car at top of the page. When it drops, go change the oil. Change the oil before I bed the car down for the night is something else I do. Only time I have trouble is when I'm the host in a lobby.

I just avoid all that completely by going to Retry -> Settings -> Car Settings after every race and never worry about putting any miles on my cars, needing to change the oil or do any of the other periodic maintenance in GT Auto.
That only works until PD gets around to patching it out.

I’m 99.9% certain oil change prices do vary depending on the car you’re using when you go to GT Auto for maintenance. I’m not exactly sure how they figure the prices, or if Huracan and Fit prices specifically are the same or not, but I swear I’ve seen oil change prices range anywhere from 300 Cr. to maybe 450 Cr. but I haven’t had to change oil in a long time. It might just be different between road and racing cars.
The oil change price, and indeed most of the parts/maintenance costs, are based on the "zero-mile" price of the car when it was put into the code. There are 4 groups (the listed price is the oil change cost):
  • 250 Cr. (cars under 50,000 Cr.)
  • 300 Cr. (cars between 50,000 Cr. and 99,999 Cr.)
  • 350 Cr. (cars between 100,000 Cr. and 300,000 Cr.)
  • 400 Cr. (cars over 300,000 Cr.)
There are a few cars where Hagerty's convinced PD to change the price between the car's inclusion in the code and the car's (or game's) release, and PD did not adjust the parts/maintenance prices to reflect that, so the above is only a rough guide.

@Tommy_D Well, slightly annoying, but far less annoying and much faster than changing the oil or doing the other maintenance stuff. shrugs
EDIT: Just realized it may not be faster for PS4 users because of screen loading times on PS4, but on PS5 its takes me about 3 seconds to do.
I want a $40000 oil change for my Bugatti just for the hilarity factor

Why is it that we still have 1 type of service item to do on cars?
GT3 brought in oil changes.

Nothing has been added since.

No brake pads, No brake discs, No coolant changes, No Transmission/diff fluid changes, No Power steering fluid changes.
No Belts or chains, No clutches, etc.
All those service items.

Heck in endurance racing brake pad changes are actually done and sometimes it is a requirement for that race.

Why is it that we still have 1 type of service item to do on cars?
GT3 brought in oil changes.

Nothing has been added since.

No brake pads, No brake discs, No coolant changes, No Transmission/diff fluid changes, No Power steering fluid changes.
No Belts or chains, No clutches, etc.
All those service items.

Heck in endurance racing brake pad changes are actually done and sometimes it is a requirement for that race.
Just like ACC had brake disc/pad change in pit menu during endurance racing.

Back