Online play free without PS Plus?

• Thread starter Chris9181
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently got my PS4 back after lending it to somebody. Jumped back on to GT Sport and noticed I can play online, daily races or join lobbies without renewing my ps plus!

Is this a new thing as I know I used to have to pay?

Cheers
Chris

Hi,

I've recently got my PS4 back after lending it to somebody. Jumped back on to GT Sport and noticed I can play online, daily races or join lobbies without renewing my ps plus!

Is this a new thing as I know I used to have to pay?

Cheers
Chris
If their account it still on the console, they have PS Plus, and the console is activated as their primary console, all accounts on the console have access to online multiplayer.

If their account it still on the console, they have PS Plus, and the console is activated as their primary console, all accounts on the console have access to online multiplayer.
Thanks for response. How can I check this as when I go in to settings/account management/subscriptions it states subscription expired?

Thanks for response. How can I check this as when I go in to settings/account management/subscriptions it states subscription expired?
Well the quick way would be to see if any of the accounts have a gold plus sign on them...

Well the quick way would be to see if any of the accounts have a gold plus sign on them...
Can you talk me through how to do that please? Attached is what I see in settings and subscriptions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230308_162119_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230308_162119_Gallery.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Can you talk me through how to do that please?
Start up your PS4. Without doing anything else, look at the accounts that are on it which you can log into. Any that have a gold Plus have a PS Plus subscription.

Start up your PS4. Without doing anything else, look at the accounts that are on it which you can log into. Any that have a gold Plus have a PS Plus subscription.
Thanks, it just comes straight to this home screen, no accounts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230308_162603_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230308_162603_Gallery.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 17
Thanks, it just comes straight to this home screen, no accounts?
Then you have it set to auto-login. Disable that to see what accounts are on the console when you boot up.

Last edited:
Back