Our pa's each own one of the...

• Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 17 comments
The Pentagon is the center of the US military. It is necessary to rebuild it. On the other hand, the WTC is privately owned, so it's up to the guy who owns the property. But, I read in an article that the owner plans to rebuild WTC on the 1 year anniversary.

Right now they are still cleaning up the site, and it's up in the air as to what they plan to create on the WTC's site. I've heard rumblings of 4 smaller buildings and a few other ideas. One of the problems they have is that only one tower was insured, and it's going to take an enourmous amount of money to rebuild.
I wasn't aware that the Pentagon was completely finished, but you also have to realize that the extent of damage to that building was far less severe than the WTC. Cleanup would have been far shorter, and reconstruction would have been fairly quick too.

Tom: Site's clean as of today.

Viper Zero: I wish they'd re-build it. If they did, I would be the first to rent a 110th floor office.

infallible: Fine, fine. But why even consider putting something DIFFERENT where the World Trade Center once stood??

Ick. Those buildings stood for 39 years -- they were NOT a sign of awful until some idiots rammed a plane into them. Get it? Think 'bout the good times.

Originally posted by M5Power
Ick. Those buildings stood for 39 years -- they were NOT a sign of awful until some idiots rammed a plane into them. Get it? Think 'bout the good times.

The problem with "thinking 'bout the good times" is that, the families of those who lost someone there will remember the good times. The times when Dad came home from dinner or Mom took them up to the cottage.

They won't remember the good times as a couple of buildings. The good times have already been taken from them.

I figure they are right on track with the memorial being built there. That's about all you can do with it. However, another WTC should be built, just to show that "the US can't be kept down". But, outta respect, it should be built on a different location.

And, since hindsight is 20/20, built with a different plan. I watched a special one night with the architect that designed the WTC originally. He said that the design of the building may have contributed to the destruction. In a nutshell, the building was designed so there'd be no posts or walls necessary to take up office space. The entire structure was resting on the outside wall, and a big "tubular" center section that housed all the elevators and such.

Not that the guy is to blame. It's an incredible design. They even planned around the likelyhood of a plane hitting the building one day, however, not at the speed that those planes did, and not with the type of fuel that ignited.

<shrug>

Please note - I'm going by memory on what the architect said... That is quite likely not 100% accurate.

Okay. I still seriously think they should re-build it.

By the way, the Trade Towers could've withstood the impact from those planes at speed and with that fuel, except that the tower was designed 40 years ago, and they didn't have planes as big as the 737 40 years ago. If a 717 or whatever they had then had hit it at the same speed and with the fuel, it would've resisted impact.

Ya, hell... I'm torn - I can see both sides of the coin.

Damned if I know... I've got no more wisdom to throw around, so I'm gonna go play videogames.

:lol:

I think I remember reading a statement by the owner of the buildings claiming that there is no question about rebuilding them - he can't afford not to.

Originally posted by M5Power
Okay, I've got a question.

The Pentagon gets hit with a plane on September 11. Without thinking, it is immediately rebuilt.

The World Trade Centre is also hit with planes on September 11. Why is there any question on what should be done with the site? REBUILD IT. Who's with me?????

its a bit different. i personally think a park should be built. no chance of something like that happening again. lightning can strike twice in the one spot. :(

Originally posted by Dudebusta

its a bit different. i personally think a park should be built. no chance of something like that happening again. lightning can strike twice in the one spot. :(

So? What would stop them running into something different nexttime? You don't build something or not build it with a pessimistic outlook that MAY or MAYNOT happen.

If lighting struck your house and burnt it down, would you rebuild? Just because it might happen, dosn't mean that you shouldn't stop living your life.

if lightning struck the place im in now, id be happy. this place needs the floors to be sanded and polished again, front and back decks need new boards and the whole place needs painting.

its raining now...maybe ill get lucky :lol:

i understand what your saying but wouldnt it be nice to have a park with a big plaque instead of another huge building?

Originally posted by Dudebusta
if lightning struck the place im in now, id be happy. this place needs the floors to be sanded and polished again, front and back decks need new boards and the whole place needs painting.

its raining now...maybe ill get lucky :lol:

i understand what your saying but wouldnt it be nice to have a park with a big plaque instead of another huge building?

That isn't economically feasable in downtown NYC. It just wouldn't fly. The places are privately owned, and that would be the most expenbsive park ever.

Back