Overhaul the Custom race

• Thread starter Kratos_Q8
  • 9 comments
Kratos_Q8
this game can get infinite content if the custom races were decent and we wouldnt have to wait for updates for boring chase the rabbit races imagine if we could like :
  • set a race with FF . FR . MR 4wd
  • set a min or max PP limit
  • set car region
  • set turbo / NA races
  • manufacture races
  • make the payouts decent
  • no more rolling start races

the possibility is endless

what do you guys think ?

I’m using a spreadsheet to run my own garage championship at the moment. When I get enough cars it’ll be multi class racing weekend meet, at the moment I have an old classic mini, beetle and fiat racing an R32, GTO twin turbo and 2015 mustang, as well as the FF cars accumulated since the start.

Would be nice to be able to have the option to not drive one of the cars so you can race your garage without your own interference, a Bspec Bob race to really see who is the king in your garage.

I’ve been enjoying just being able to pick grids in the first place, it’s never been a thing before in GT and it’s pretty fun.

Although I do have a short list of things I’d like improved besides larger payouts:

1. Have the chosen AI cars from your garage use the applied tire compound rather than defaulting to their stock setting.

2. Add in a random opponent selection using PP range and other values. The game has a tag system and could use it here to great effect. Basically a filtering system identical to GT6’s car search would be perfect.

3. Add a few slots to save certain configurations so you don’t have to recreate the same race constantly.

4: improve the random opponent selection for cars where it really doesn’t make sense like the 919 LL Concept for example.

Last edited:
I'd like to see more flags added for the AI drivers, at the moment we don't have a Swiss flag so I can add a S.Buemi in the TS050 but would have to make him French.

I do like the custom races though, once the garage is built up it looks like you can have a lot of fun with it, Assetto Corsa had a similar mode and it was one of the few things Kunos got right on the console version.

I advocate all possible improvements in these races INCL. increased payouts, but only if PD manages to stop all rubber band cheating ectr. For example, a kind of punishment if too many driving mistakes like wallriding are made, which reduces the payout again.

I’m using a spreadsheet to run my own garage championship at the moment. When I get enough cars it’ll be multi class racing weekend meet, at the moment I have an old classic mini, beetle and fiat racing an R32, GTO twin turbo and 2015 mustang, as well as the FF cars accumulated since the start.

Would be nice to be able to have the option to not drive one of the cars so you can race your garage without your own interference, a Bspec Bob race to really see who is the king in your garage.
Agree with you on the B-Spec race point, I've been trying to game it a bit by adding myself in as the 19th competitor and finding somewhere off-track to park and allow the race to go on unhindered, but the yellow flags sometimes play havoc with the AI. More testing/quieter spots to park required I think!

Back