Penalty Exploit: What's Your Opinion?

Do you think it's okay to exploit the penalty system?

• Total voters
United States
Washington
PRiMA_Lamb
Very simple question. I'm part of a group chat that discussed this earlier and one person stated that it's so simple of a fix that they think it's intentional that you're allowed to exploit the penalty zone and coast as opposed to being forced to brake.

My biggest issue is that this opinion has gotten most people around me to say they can't tell if PD wants it to happen (when I feel it's clear this wasn't meant to be exploited) and that I'm getting too upset over people exploiting something that's not a big deal because it's programmed to function this way.

The person who initiated this argument even stated that they don't agree with the chicane exploit at Catalunya, yet they're okay with exploiting the penalty zone which is potentially worth insanely much higher amounts of time gained because "it's so easy to program this" and "the game functions this way".

I want to see if I'm not the only person that thinks this is a ridiculous argument and disrespectful toward people who are trying to race fair but have their races potentially ruined because of people exploiting this.

Back