Pit stop tyre selection needs a 'back' option

• Thread starter BrunUK
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
On a couple of occasions since release I've instinctively upshifted on the way into the pits with the 'X' button, right as the tyre selection menu appears. This means you select 'do not change' and are stuck on the same old tyres.

Given that there's a massive wait as the car drives itself down the pit lane, there doesn't seem to be any reason to not have the ablility to revert this and reselect before refuelling starts.

It's not a big deal when you're only screwing up a 20-min race, but assuming actual endurance races appear sometime it could be pretty disastrous.

An irritation of me in GTS as well.
Nothing worse then doing an online race, doing well, then accidentally clicking the wrong option insta ruining your race.

I'm sorry, but for me that's just part of being able to lie on your face. As far as I know, not all possible tires are simply prepared for the pit stop during the race. You make the selection and live with it, if necessary come back a lap later. On the one hand it's really stupid, it's happened to me before, on the other hand, the whole thing has a certain appeal.

I'm happy with the way it is and I can accept it.

Latest Posts

Back