Premium
Germany
Fürstentum Lippe
GTP_Nuschel
Vintage Road Racers
full

Photo courtesy of @Panoz

THIS MONTH'S THEME

Classic cars are in the focus again, but this time we're going racing with them. Last LEC's winner @Panoz chose this theme which was originally proposed by @machine1121 for GTS LEC #20, let's hear what he had to say:

"Whether it was a GT40 at Le Mans, SCCA Trans AM, 1970s FIA Group 4, or even NASCARs of the time, the 1960s and 1970s were filled with race cars that were available to the public as road cars. The "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mentality helped create many iconic homologation specials.

For this challenge, I want to recreate that era of racing by focusing on the 1979 and older road cars in GTS. Do some internet research to find appropriate sponsors and era correct logos for your chosen car. For a reference point, try to be as close as possible to the year the car was made. Then use the Discovery Section or create your own decals. I want to see original designs that look like they raced in the 1960s and 1970s."

CARS:
  • Cars tagged with #Roadcar
  • Must be from 1979 or older
  • No SEMA cars

BODY PARTS / WIDEBODY:
  • Allowed, racing mods should be installed

LIVERIES:
  • Original designs of vintage racing cars

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:
  • Must have a vintage style number plate, unless no number plate is more appropriate for the style of the car, if no number plate is used, the creator should explain why.
  • Must use vintage logos for sponsor decals. Try to be as close as possible to the year of the car.

POLL - THE RULES

The poll will end on September 7th, 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
This means you have one week to decide which entries to vote for. After the winner is decided, they will decide the next Livery Editor Competition’s theme from a random selection three themes that were suggested via the Theme Suggestion form.

Please note:
  • You can vote for THREE - 3 - entries.
  • You can NOT vote for your own work.
  • Most, if not all entries have spoilers, they definitely show the liveries in the way the creator intended, be sure to view those as well.
Take your time, and vote away!

Without further ado, here are the entries:

Poll Option #01
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #02

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #03
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #04

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #05
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #06
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #07
full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #08
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #09
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #10
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #11
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #12
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #13
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #14

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #15
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #16
full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #17

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #18
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #19
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #20
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #21
full

full

full

full

8qTbOTv.png

Poll Option #22
full

full

full

full

Good luck to everyone who entered :gtpflag:

:ouch: going from a 3rd place finish to zero votes
From 3 podiums and a win in 5 LECs (:scared:) to 4 votes, I kinda feel your pain! :lol:

I think this summer was my livery editor career's peak! 🤣

Seriously, this LEC's level was insane as usual, and votes are cruel sometimes!

From 3 podiums and a win in 5 LECs (:scared:) to 4 votes, I kinda feel your pain! :lol:

I think this summer was my livery editor career's peak! 🤣

Seriously, this LEC's level was insane as usual, and votes are cruel sometimes!
well i did rush that car so i guess thats just who it goes...

well i did rush that car so i guess thats just who it goes...
Quite the same here. Back from holidays, I did it the last day but even if I was thinking about it since a long time I haven't even been able to choose a car so I wasn't expecting anything from this round.
And between the lack of inspiration and the great liveries entered here, it couldn't have been different for me.

Actually I was very surprised when I realised I had these results in the last 5 LECs!
It's time now to get back to usual things I guess ! 😅

Congrats to the guys on the podium, as Sian said it was a tough choice; if I'd been asked which entries would get zero votes I would never have guessed (I thought maybe my own lol),well done everyone :gtpflag: Mine is a theme that was quite personal/local, and I suspected it wasn't a vote catcher so thank you very much to @Sira-Sir8ght and @Tuning_Maniac for your votes, it was a big relief to see :)

My votes went to the 2 vintage 911's which I just thought had that extra bit of stank from the 60's/70's, and also to my favourite, the 7-up beemer; gorgeous livery and kinda timeless, it could he contemporary; in fact I'm glad you showed the 70's packaging that was the inspiration, otherwise I might have passed over it for not being 70's, great find and translation :cheers:

Congrats on the podium guys, great job once again!

Like @ziggedzag just said, it's sad sometimes we "can't" give a vote for simpler designs because of the greatness of some others.

I voted for #1 #9 and #18 but there are at least 10 more liveries I would be proud of if I had done them myself!

Congrats to the guys on the podium, as Sian said it was a tough choice; if I'd been asked which entries would get zero votes I would never have guessed (I thought maybe my own lol),well done everyone :gtpflag: Mine is a theme that was quite personal/local, and I suspected it wasn't a vote catcher so thank you very much to @Sira-Sir8ght and @Tuning_Maniac for your votes, it was a big relief to see :)

My votes went to the 2 vintage 911's which I just thought had that extra bit of stank from the 60's/70's, and also to my favourite, the 7-up beemer; gorgeous livery and kinda timeless, it could he contemporary; in fact I'm glad you showed the 70's packaging that was the inspiration, otherwise I might have passed over it for not being 70's, great find and translation :cheers:
You're welcome!
When I saw your livery, I could feel the spirit of the 70's races

So true 😉
Great job 👏

Back