Poor textures of decals and car models in GT7, PS4.

• Thread starter NF-kB
  • 4 comments
Chile
Chile
After the January update, I noticed that the car logos' textures appear blurry and the area around the Mazda Rx7 wheels looks checkered, or as if the modeling loaded poorly. It's odd because it's just that; the overall game looks good on the "fat" PS4. However, this issue significantly limits the gaming experience, as the car decals and sponsors appear very blurry and poorly loaded. I've tried everything to fix this issue, from rebuilding the PS4 database to uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I waited for the latest update in February this year, but it didn't resolve the problem.
20240304_222655.jpg
20240304_222626.jpg
20240304_222611.jpg
20240304_223340.jpg

20240304_222444.jpg

Could it be that my PS4 and its graphics can no longer support GT7 (considering this only happens with this game)? Or could there be some problem external to the software? I've searched, and apparently, I haven't seen anyone else experiencing this.

Last edited:
It might be normal for the base ps4 version ? I run on base ps4 too and depending on the distance textures are sometimes not that great. Same for car details (I noticed this for the side rear view mirror of an old italian car (Ferrari or Lancia stratos I'm not sure), in cockpit view, it was like an octogon instead of being circle... Which is "strange" as some other cars have perfectly rounded rear mirror even on base ps4).

It might be normal for the base ps4 version ? I run on base ps4 too and depending on the distance textures are sometimes not that great. Same for car details (I noticed this for the side rear view mirror of an old italian car (Ferrari or Lancia stratos I'm not sure), in cockpit view, it was like an octogon instead of being circle... Which is "strange" as some other cars have perfectly rounded rear mirror even on base ps4).
Well, the basic PS4 does have certain issues with textures, especially noticeable at distances. As you mentioned, it's a normal occurrence. However, what's peculiar in this case is that the game looked exceptionally good on a basic PS4 prior to the update I referred to. It exhibited the typical distance pop-in issues and detail problems in shadows but still maintained a very sharp appearance. There were no issues with the texturing of decals or sponsors, which are now markedly blurry, albeit only on the cars around me, not on the one I'm racing. This wasn't the case previously, as evidenced by earlier videos where this issue was absent. But honestly, I've already resigned myself to the possibility that it might not be fixable.

Are you sure that's not how it always looked? Haven't played on PS4 in a while but I remember cars like the Gr.4 Porsche having atrociously low resolution decals already.

Are you sure that's not how it always looked? Haven't played on PS4 in a while but I remember cars like the Gr.4 Porsche having atrociously low resolution decals already.
Believe me, at first I thought so too, but after reviewing previous videos, before the January update, I realized that the textures of the decals and sponsors had drastically changed their resolution, which I reiterate was truly sharp and good for the basic PS4 before. What's strange is that when playing, my car doesn't appear in low resolution but all the others do, plus the issue with the Mazda RX7 wheel area changing from circular to squares. That's why I think this problem was not native to the PS4 and it's something that has been happening to me recently, only in this game. I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed this, but I'm very sure it wasn't like this before.

Back