porsche sales

• Thread starter Talentless
  • 19 comments
Porsche is being zealous, an exotics producing company such as Porsche shouldn't have such a big line-up.

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
Porsche is being zealous, an exotics producing company such as Porsche shouldn't have such a big line-up.

Considering how bad all other automotive makers are doing (Ford, for example), Porsche is doing quite well. 7% is not much, and in the relatively low volume Porsche produces, that translates to few cars. A number of cars that could easily be attributed to any number of reasons.

As for Porsche having "such a big line-up", they technically only have three cars. Granted, it's 3 with about 100 total configurations & trim levels, but there's not much differentiation in manufacturing. Also, I wouldn't call a Boxster-on-every-corner and a-911-every-10-blocks a car produced by an "exotic" car company. ;)

yes the cayenne is most definitely ugly. if it was a honda no one would care but people expect cars of some class from porsche and an suv is not that.

apparantly one of the designers at ferrari suggested they make an estate (errr thats like a bmw touring or audi avant in case u americans call it something else! :D) anyway he was immediately fired hehe, thats what they should have done to the guy who thought of this. oh well.

as for best looking suv's, here in london we have thousands of x5's, ml's and all that, personally i like the GMC yukon. they are very rare over here, this one was standing at the lights and when it moved off it set off about 5 or 6 car alarms in parked cars from the rumble of its engine!!!! :D

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
No, the only good looking SUV is the XC90. It's a fact.

ALL other SUVs are hideous blocks of metal and plastic.

Not the originals. There are three. Anyone know what they are?

Technically flood pants. But flood pants are supposed to be regular length. You know, nerdy pants.
68017.jpg

The Cayenne is a good looking vehicle in my opinion. Maybe not the best, but not bad. I think that the GMC Envoy is a great looking SUV. I also like the new Inifinti (FX45?). Its different and cool looking.

to be honest since i posted my post, i'm begining to think that there are so few nice cars around that we can't slag all the 'average' ones off, as far as suvs go (and this is compared to the awful x5, ml and volvo's) the cayenne doesn't shape up that badly. what its looks don't do, its badge and engine certainly does! :D

Ah - the CJ. I was only thinking big three, since you'd never admit that the 4Runner was a true off-road vehicle when it first came out.

Strange though, I can only think of a few "true" off-road SUVs now:

- Range Rover
- Mercedes G500 (though you'll never see one off-road)
- Land Rover Discovery V8
- Nissan Xterra 4x4
- Hummer H1
- Jeep Liberty
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Jeep Wrangler

Maybe (probably not) Montero and Land Cruiser.

Originally posted by M5Power
Maybe (probably not) Montero and Land Cruiser.
hang on, isn't the land cruiser THE most popular off-road vehicle in the world? being used in australia, arabia and the jungles?

im sure land rover was king until that came along and now it dominates. i saw a documentary to that effect not so long ago.

Back